Dirty Jobs

Discovery Channel (ended 2012)

minionman24

Dirty Jobs Fan Reviews page 3 of 4

• A truly wonderful show.

Dirty Jobs is a truly wonderful show that everybody should at least watch once, you won’t be disappointed at it and you might even like show well enough to stay around with this show to watch even more episodes. This show has episodes are never boring that have episodes that will never get old no matter how many times a viewer have seen a particular episode, for there is something new to see that a person might of miss when they seen the episode before.

Also what this show have going for it is its host, Mike Rowe, who isn’t afraid to get himself directly involved with the dirty work, risking his clean clothes, his dignity, and maybe even his body. Something that another show host might not do if they have the same type of show, they might of just sit back, narrate the episode, and let the people who do these jobs, with no interaction with them. Which might make the show a little boring.
  • Great show

This is a great show idea, I really like to see what different people do for a living and some of the colorful characters out there. I also think Mike Rowe is really good as host he brings a certain level of sarcasm to the show. He also doesn't seem to have any trouble getting down and dirty it woudln't be nearly as fun if the host just went places and showed people doing there jobs dirty or not. Most of the fun of the show comes from Mike making a fool of himself and people whoses job it is showing him up
  • this is pretty cool

So i like this show, its not one of my favorites but it is intriguing and the guy that runs it has a good sense of humor while trying to live someone elses live, its really funny when he has to get into tight places or literally do a "dirty job" i think this show is awesome and has a good chance of running for a long time. Where i live it doesnt come on until very late in the night (i dotn know if its like that everywhere) but i make an attempt to stay up late to watch this, its truly a good show and i enjoy watching it.
  • wow

Dirty Jobs really caught my attention. I didn't know that there were that many, and that disgusting jobs out there. But I know now. Mike Rowe is an excellent host. Not many would volunteer to actually perform these aforementioned disgusting jobs, but Mike does. Ok, he gets paid to do the show - hopefully a lot - but I sure would require a serious amount of dough before I'd do what he does.And I'd require an insurance like no other, that's for sure.

Some don't like Mike's humour, but I found him and his show a breath of fresh air in an otherwise dull genre. Go for it Mike!

• You have to love a show where the word 'pooh' is not only acceptable in conversation, it is encouraged.

I almost said 'Poor Mike Rowe' but the fact is I think this guy LOVES what he does for a living. Generally I enjoy a good dose of disgusting in my television and this show allows me to do so without the bother of aromas and splashes. To be honest, I wasn't sure they could have upped the gross out factor of this show each season but somehow they do. It never disappoints me.

In addition to my weekly ration of ick, 'Dirty Jobs' is a wealth of information. I've learned about Bio-diesel, ostriches, where charcoal briquettes come from and how to hand catch a catfish. You just can't beat that.
  • Just imagine following Mike, the host, to different places where people have the most disgusting jobs imaginable. Basically this is REALITY TV!!!

7.9
    I think that this show rocks for a few reasons. One is that there is nothing like it on tv. Reason two is for all the credit that I give Mike for going out to these places and performing the different tasks. Third is that you see the jobs that you never new existed, but if no one did them we would be in some trouble. And my final reason this show rocks is the yet again I have never seen anything like this on tv and if you are reading this please tune in because you wont be disappointed.
  • Absolutely disgusting. I love it!

• Dirty Jobs is a sick show. Not in the bad way. In the GOOD way. It makes you say, WOW I wish I we're there! It can be funny as well.

Dirty Jobs is a show where one man talks with all of these different people and they allow him to come with them and help them do their job. These jobs are either very very disgusting, freaky, crazy, or just plain wrong. The man is funny when it comes to jokes on the show. They've done jobs ranging from cleaning dogs and squeezing the "poop" out of them, to destryoing bee hives in a church. He's done it all. This man goes around doing the dirty jobs with people who do those jobs to make our world a cleaner place. This show is definately recommended.
  • Dirty Jobs really entertains and educates me. It's really hooked me too.

My parents kept telling me about this show that they watch where this guy goes around to various parts of the US and takes on very disgusting jobs that others do. That intrigued me.
    They explained to me the Sewer Inspector, Sludge Cleaner, and Dirty Plumber episodes along with a few others. I REALLY wanted to see this show. So I downloaded a few episodes and found it fascinating. I needed to see more. So I did. I catch it every week, and still try to get more from the net. It's a great show and helps me open my eyes to what's going on in other parts of the continent, and exactly what jobs I don't want to do.
  • This is a crazy show. Who knew picking up poo would be so fun?

Dirty Jobs. The title is sometimes an understatement. They find some of the dirtiest things you could probably think of and they do them. I have never seen so much animal poo on one show. Wether it be scraping up road kill or working in the sewers, someone has to do it and this job showcases it. You never really know what all has to happen in the world so that everyone can live a 'civil' life. I think it's great that Mike Rowe and the people of Dirty Jobs showcase these steel stomached people who work the dirty side of life. Mike makes an excellent host as he is a funny sarcastic guy that can put people at ease and just let them have fun showing him their job. This show is excellently done, but if you have a weak stomach, I suggest you change the channel sometimes...
  • Comedy and Education.. a good mix

This is a great show it is so freaking funny!!! It has educatioal value while Mike pulls off a joke or swear here and there. For example in the Vexiconepisode, he says hes gonna die by a church with a mouth full of poison. That was the funniest episode, next to crocodile farmer. He also mentioned the MythBusters once when something looked like it was impossible to do. Yup, Discovery made another great series.
  • A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.. and that is get dirty.

I discovered this show by accident early in the fall but could never remember to watch it regularly. Today (4-1-06), there's a marathon and I got to catch up on some of the "best of the best" and I have to tell you, this guy makes me actually appreciate my cubicle-dwelling, paper-pushing, button-pushing, meeting-attending and spirit-sucking day job.

Watching this show is like watching a reality-show version of Mr. Rogers' Picture Picture machine that showed how things are made.

I'm glad this guy gets dirty so that I don't have to and now, I know way more about metal recycling than one person needs to know. (smile)

I hope I can remember when it's on again so I can learn some more stuff and watch a semi-attractive man get dirty and be clueless at the same time.
  • The funnest gross show on TV

The funnest gross show on TV. The is one of the funnest reality shows around. You can always count on mike rowe to handle the dirtist / grossest job with hummor and charm. This espisode he has to squeeze dog's anal glands (which spuws an icky brown fluid all againist the back of the shower), and trim the hair off a dog's wizzer. All the making jokes.
  • Sure there's a lot of dirt and even more poo, but it's brain candy too!

Dirty Jobs is a show where the host Mike Rowe visits different small businesses that specialize in the processing of everything dirty, especially the organic materials from animals and food products. If it's not organic, it's usually the byproducts of people and their stuff. Mike takes a hands-on approach, working a little bit with the people who do the dirty jobs day in and day out. He claims he works the whole time and we're left to believe it.

What puts this show over the usual Fear Factor segments is the information gleaned from Mike's interviews. The very first episode I saw they were talking about cockroaches and of course there were plenty of gross moments of the creepy crawlies, but then the crew start talking about specific chemicals like pyrethrin, and it's like hey I know that chemical because my master used it to treat the carpet for fleas. Other efforts step through practically the entire process of manufacturing some product like coffee or beer.

Despite all the filthiness, Mike does get to crack a few clean jokes about the people involved and more hilarity during the process. And there are plenty of visual gags where he gets organic matter on his body and even in his mouth (yuck!).

I also enjoyed the fact that a good chunk of the Dirty Jobs locations were in the San Francisco Bay Area. I could picture visiting that church in Cupertino with the bee problem, or the sea lions over in Point Reyes, although I won't be visiting a Chinatown sewer.

Finally, it's a show that the whole family can watch and discuss without feeling guilty or needing to fix and improve something.
  • This is hilarious!

you wouldnt think this is funny, but it is great! The host makes fun of everything, and makes it interesting and very fun to watch, i watch it all the time, truly great, i\'ve seen little shows about it, but this is a series and it sure is great! A MUST SEE!
  • This show keeps interest but can groos u out easily!

7.6
    It keeps my interest every week but it sometimes grosses me out! Very informative.... for what I don't want to do with my life! This show is ok but it needs to tone down on the grossness plz! well it may be just my weak stomach thought! i dont know you don't have to listen to me!
  • A show that has dirty nasty jobs

Mike Rowe tries out jobs that no sane person would want to work, with good reason, some jobs are so disgusting so vile you wonder why someone would choose that as their career. You cant help but watch cause its addictive in its own unique way. Even if you dont want to, you always watch and love.
  • A wonderful family show, that keeps your interest every week.

This show is absolutely great! It is something the entire family can enjoy. Mike is a very funny guy, and without him I don\'t think the show would be as good. There are always jobs that you never thought of, and those which you had always wondered how they did that? It\'s a blast to watch every time!
  • Dirty Jobs is a very unique reality show because it shows the jobs that make American turn on its own wheels. These jobs are that many people would not want.

Dirty Jobs is a very informative reality show and quite entertaining. It is very informative because Mike Rowe, the host, works on the dirty jobs for one day to experience what happens on certain dirty jobs. He gets first hand experience while we see third hand. We see the jobs that keeps America running. Some jobs would include sludge cleaner, chicken sexer, horse breeder, septic-tank specialist, sewer inspector, road kill collector and many more. It is entertaining because Mike puts humor into the show by using jokes and funny acts. It is one of the better reality TV shows that are out there.
  • Fun and a educational show.

I have to say, I like this show. You get to see all the dirty jobs that people have, that make you glad that you don\\\'t have that job. I hope this stays on forever, no mater who the host is, I\\\'ll watch this. And I hope to see some more very dirty jobs soon.
  • Dirty Jobs is a great show that the whole family can enjoy.

This is a great family show. Everyone can watch and learn a bunch of stuff about our fellow hard working dirty jobs people. The host Mike and his crew are very funny and amaizing people. I watch the show religiously every tuesday at 9PM. You can chat with fans of the show and the host at the dirty jobs website.
  • Mike Rowe takes what might have become a boring show, and makes it one of the most endearing of the new lineups.

If anyone else were to host Dirty Jobs, the show would not be as appealing as it is. But Rowe, with his dry humor and good-natured complaints, makes the show entertaining, if only to see him in action. He manages to make the truly weird portions of the jobs stand out as he maintains a sense of "Oh, my God...what the hell am I doing?" as he works. It's just this contrast that really makes him a joy to watch, and therefore makes the dirty jobs more intersting.

Not to say that the jobs themselves are boring; some of the jobs highlighted have been some of the grossest, weirdest, or just plain insane tasks I have ever seen. But without Mike Rowe, the show could easily come off as clinical and as dry as a rice cake. This is supposed to be entertaining AND informative, and it manages to do so with each episode.

In short, Dirty Jobs is a great show with a great host, and I hope it joins the likes of American Chopper, Monster Garage, and Mythbusters and sticks around for a good long time.
  • This show is great! Mike Rowe is a great host, it's too bad his humor is wasted on some of the people he works with. Hopefully they renew this show, I find it intersting and entertaining. Go Mike!

Great show!

I find Dirty Jobs to be interesting and entertaining. Mike Rowe is the perfect host and I often find myself laughing outloud. Additionally it is educational-one is able to learn how these jobs are done and what is involved with say fishing for shrimp or emptying a septic tank. The best shows are when the people Mike works with show some sense of humor and have fun with what they are doing.
  • This show is great!

I am an architect with little time and I don\\\'t tend to write reviews, but this show is so good I had to write something good about it and let you know. The cast is doing a great job! specially the host. I hope this show stays for a long, long time. Keep up the good work, Mike!
  • Mike Rowe does some of the most disgusting jobs in the country and tries to make the situations humorous.

I like the principal of the show. That is, to show people the dirty jobs other people really have to do. It's interesting, at time humorous and sometimes it turns your stomach. But, the title warns the viewer to expect something nasty.

What bothers me the most is the disregard shown for occupational safety. Mike Rowe has done some pretty stupid things that could potentially kill him. Working in a common septic tank without a respirator has to be the one of the worst. The blackwater in a septic system is contaminated with numerous pathogens that could make Mike very sick and, possibly, dead. It should not be taken lightly. He shouldn't even be in that septic tank.

I have seem Mike Rowe working with farm animals and cleaning up bird droppings. Isn't there someone involved with that program who realizes that a yuppy doesn't have the resistance to the diseases in manure that a farmer has. I know because I worked with farm animals for many years.

I also would like to see the show present other perspectives on some of the subject matter. For instance, Mr. Rowe worked on a hog farm this evening. The farm raised pigs in total confinement which many people feel is cruel. Many farmers do not treat their animals like that.

I think the show could do a better job of explaining the real hazards of the workplace. They need to consult with OSHA to find out how those jobs are supposed to be done.

When Mike Rowe finally becomes infected or injured because of his carelessness, will they show his pain and suffering and explain why it happened?
  • One that surprised me

I have a very weak stomach and thought that this show would make me vomit but it hasn't. It doesn't show anything that bad and I loved the episode where he is a pig farmer. I don't think it was meant to be a comedy but Mike Rowe's touch definatley makes it worth watching.
  • This show is my stress release each week. Besides being nice to look at, Mike is very funny. Any man who will do that for a living is my kind of man.

Dirty Jobs is the best show on TV and Mike Rowe is the best host on TV. He deserves an Emmy for best host of a reality show. He is my stress release. I wouldn't miss him each week for anything. I could get a Dirty Jobs Watching Group together each week from all the people I have gotten to watch it. I hope the ratings stay high, because I would definately miss him in my living room each week.
  • I am hoping this show is able to maintain the same level of shock, awe, and WTF?? as it did for the first and second episodes.

Unfortunately I missed this week's episode, however, I am hoping they are able to maintain the same high standard of gross out and awe that they had in the episode involving Septic Tank cleaners.

The host was so graphic in his descriptions of the stench, and would cough to attempt to camouflage his dry heaves, trying to stave off outright vomitting on camera. It was wonderful. I recoiled and shrieked out in disgust, as if I were there with him.

Perhaps the funniest bits was the dialogue with the "turd herder" and the Septic Tank Guy telling the host, "You might not want to keep your mouth open while you are doing that." To this moment, I cackle at the image of that, coupled up with my brain fast forwarding to a hypothetical situation involving the host getting splattered with some liquified waste. Good times!!
  • This show is so damn hilarious!!!

This show is so funny! I love it. It cracks me up so much, with showing what some people do in the world. I don't know if you get paid, but they should show the salary a person makes doing a particular job that they show, like picking up roadkill or even actually artificially inseminate a female horse!
    HAHA, this show is so great.
  • Mike Rowe is more than a headless voice.

Dirty Jobs is disgusting and amusing at the same time. To me Mike Rowe was more famous for his announcing work on other Discorvery Channel shows like the Deadliest Catch. (Although uncredited I swear he does American Chopper & Hot Rod too, but I could be wrong.) As a live host he adds humor, intelligence and even sarcasm to one of the most poop-filled shows I've ever seen. Shakespear and poop are not likely companions. Not all of the segments are that disgusting, building demolition is rough work but not all that dirty. I think this show bridges the gap between gross-out reality and info-tainment. It may be hard to watch for some viewers but somebody's got to do it.
1 2 3 4