Dirty Sexy Money

The Watch

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Nov 28, 2007 on ABC

• Excellent, just excellent.

This episode was pure gold. If only it was a little better paced in the beginning it would be a 10/10, but still, easily worthy of a 9.5.

The fact that we finally see Nick's dad through flashbacks is great. I just think that the writers did an AMAZING job showing his tragedy. I have to admit I got really uncomfortable during the scene where Dutch begs Nick to accept his watch. That was really heartbreaking, very well. BRAVO.

In general, the flashbacks were great. It's a bit too over the top for me to except a Tripp/Dutch scene, but I would like to see a few of those in the future! Tripp cannot stop repeating how much he loved Dutch for what he has done to Tripp, and that's great.. but I want to see. Anyway, this episode was a huge development for Dutch, despite him being dead, Brian, and Letitia. Letitia is a backround character, and this doesn't change that, but at least she got some depth. I still think that what she did to Tripp is VERY unfair and unethical, but this episode makes me understand her a bit more.

Brian - where do i start? Amazing. The other key scene - Brian giving away the watch to Brian Jr. - that was just perfect. Shows how much his character changed during only 9 episodes.

Nick's and Brian's dialouge in the church was very well executed too. I liked how subtle it was - you just expected Brian to eventually break down and accept Nick, but it was done in a very belivable way.

All considered, an excellent episode of the show. Very memorable.