Disney Channel Games Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2008)

DC Games Not as Good as Last Year

  • Avatar of richieb14

    richieb14

    [1]May 31, 2008
    • member since: 09/03/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 92
    The 2008 Disney Channel Games do not seem like they will be as good as last year or even the year before that. First off, it starts like in late July and ends in late August! One month! We have to wait a little less than two months for the games. Also, there will only be five events! Plus, no High School Musical stars will be in the games and Miley's only a performer. And a lot of the people are on the same teams as last year. The most popular people in the games are the Jonas Brothers! I mean, I was really looking forward to the games this year, but all of this stuff kind of puts a downer on it. What do you think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DisneyFreak33

    DisneyFreak33

    [2]Jun 9, 2008
    • member since: 02/18/07
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 804

    I agree, I mean Hannah Montana(Miley Cyrus) and High School Musical are the two biggest things on Disney. They should of let those stars be in the games instead of all those Camp Rock stars(except the Jonas Brothers, I love them) and that annoying Demi and her annoyingbest friend Selena Gomez, ughh they drive me insane.(Sorry fans but I can't stand either of them) I miss all the old stars!! The stars from 2005-2007 ROCK! These new stars suck(my opinion)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of purplewowies

    purplewowies

    [3]Jun 24, 2008
    • member since: 01/07/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 705
    Miley was shooting her movie and was only able to be a performer.

    But I DO agree on the HSM thing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nickel2006

    nickel2006

    [4]Jun 28, 2008
    • member since: 07/13/06
    • level: 48
    • rank: Conehead
    • posts: 8,137
    Zac and Vanessa want to move on from Disney, thats why they haven't been in the DCG for 2 years.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chanelissweet

    chanelissweet

    [5]Jul 4, 2008
    • member since: 12/28/06
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 1,426

    what happen to the hosts? because it looks like on the previews that cody lisdney and that girl who played the mean girl on camp rock look like there going to take the place of brain stepanek and phill lewis.

    i'm not sure but thats my conclusion from the previews that they keep showing and disneychannel.com

    correct me if i'm wrong

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jj91w

    jj91w

    [6]Jul 6, 2008
    • member since: 08/02/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 7,339
    DisneyFreak33 wrote:

    I agree, I mean Hannah Montana(Miley Cyrus) and High School Musical are the two biggest things on Disney. They should of let those stars be in the games instead of all those Camp Rock stars(except the Jonas Brothers, I love them) and that annoying Demi and her annoyingbest friend Selena Gomez, ughh they drive me insane.(Sorry fans but I can't stand either of them) I miss all the old stars!! The stars from 2005-2007 ROCK! These new stars suck(my opinion)

    old stars the 2005-2007 stars suck to me now expect Miley .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jj91w

    jj91w

    [7]Jul 6, 2008
    • member since: 08/02/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 7,339
    chanelissweet wrote:

    what happen to the hosts? because it looks like on the previews that cody lisdney and that girl who played the mean girl on camp rock look like there going to take the place of brain stepanek and phill lewis.

    i'm not sure but thats my conclusion from the previews that they keep showing and disneychannel.com

    correct me if i'm wrong

    just on the website thier host. But Brian Stepanek still host but Phil does not.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hawksie

    hawksie

    [8]Jul 22, 2008
    • member since: 07/04/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 666
    I agree. The Camp Rock stars don't have the flare that the HSM stars did. I was much more interested in last years DC Games then I'm feeling for this one.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AngelofLyoko

    AngelofLyoko

    [9]Jul 30, 2008
    • member since: 04/25/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,441
    This is the first DC Games I have seen, and I wish I could have seen last year's DC Games. I thought that the first epi was cooler than I expected it to be.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DisneyFreak33

    DisneyFreak33

    [10]Jul 31, 2008
    • member since: 02/18/07
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 804
    jj91w wrote:
    DisneyFreak33 wrote:

    I agree, I mean Hannah Montana(Miley Cyrus) and High School Musical are the two biggest things on Disney. They should of let those stars be in the games instead of all those Camp Rock stars(except the Jonas Brothers, I love them) and that annoying Demi and her annoyingbest friend Selena Gomez, ughh they drive me insane.(Sorry fans but I can't stand either of them) I miss all the old stars!! The stars from 2005-2007 ROCK! These new stars suck(my opinion)

    old stars the 2005-2007 stars suck to me now expect Miley .

    Expect Miley, what? Do you mean except Miley? But the new stars are just kinda annoying to me, I grew up watching and listening to the older stars that's why I like them better & always will. In my opinion they have more talent and better personalities. Sorry but the newer ones are kinda obnoixous. On E! News back in May they interviewed about 3 of the girls from Camp Rock & they acted like they had already gained the success that the HSM stars and Miley Cyrus already have, and like I said this was back in May and the movie had not even aired yet,. No offence but I find that like I said really obnoixous. The only kinda newer stars I like are JB. All the other Camp Rock kids(except for Anna Maria) ughhhh, they just I dunno don't appeal to me.

    Edited on 07/31/2008 5:15pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jj91w

    jj91w

    [11]Aug 2, 2008
    • member since: 08/02/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 7,339
    DisneyFreak33 wrote:
    jj91w wrote:
    DisneyFreak33 wrote:

    I agree, I mean Hannah Montana(Miley Cyrus) and High School Musical are the two biggest things on Disney. They should of let those stars be in the games instead of all those Camp Rock stars(except the Jonas Brothers, I love them) and that annoying Demi and her annoyingbest friend Selena Gomez, ughh they drive me insane.(Sorry fans but I can't stand either of them) I miss all the old stars!! The stars from 2005-2007 ROCK! These new stars suck(my opinion)

    old stars the 2005-2007 stars suck to me now expect Miley .

    Expect Miley, what? Do you mean exceptMiley? But the new stars are just kinda annoying to me, I grew up watching and listening to the older stars that's why I like them better & always will. In my opinion they have more talent and better personalities. Sorry but the newer ones are kinda obnoixous. On E! News back in May they interviewed about 3 of the girls from Camp Rock & they acted like they had already gained the success that the HSM stars and Miley Cyrus already have, and like I said this was back in May and the movie had not even aired yet,. No offence but I find that like I said really obnoixous. The only kinda newer stars I like are JB. All the other Camp Rock kids(except for Anna Maria) ughhhh, they just I dunno don't appeal to me.

    opps the old 2005 -2007 stars I like are Miley the HSM cast go old fast .I kinda think the new stars have more talent Demi has an amazing voice .Selena is a really good actress. JB are good .I do agree the CR girls are kinda annoying but yeah.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NatalieTV100

    NatalieTV100

    [12]Aug 3, 2008
    • member since: 06/20/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 641
    To tell you the truth I only liked the first DC Games. Last year it was good but I didn't really pay much attention to it and this year it's just plain boring.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tyini

    tyini

    [13]Aug 3, 2008
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 385
    i disagree i think it's better this year. It seems more competitive and more organized. All my favourites are in there. Who cares if the cast of HSM isn't there. They don't make the games better
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jj91w

    jj91w

    [14]Aug 3, 2008
    • member since: 08/02/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 7,339
    I know I so agree with you.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of munchlax99

    munchlax99

    [15]Aug 6, 2008
    • member since: 12/02/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 219

    no hsm stars no life with derek no animated stars(replacements, phineas and ferb) that stinks

    Get rid of the internatinal stars

    and show it between other shows like the first season

    PLEASE DISNEY

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jj91w

    jj91w

    [16]Aug 8, 2008
    • member since: 08/02/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 7,339
    life with Derk not even a Disney Channel show HSM cast is over Disney and whats the piont of having animated stars for a non animated show and I kinda like the internatinal.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of racheeel

    racheeel

    [17]Aug 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/18/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,204
    I disagree. I'm loving this year. I hated the short 5 mins segments. It just made you watch all the shows in between.

    Also, Alyson and Mitchel are from Phineas & Ferb. And I think they include international stars because Disney Channel airs all over the world. I'm fine with having them there.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jj91w

    jj91w

    [18]Aug 8, 2008
    • member since: 08/02/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 7,339
    racheeel wrote:
    I disagree. I'm loving this year. I hated the short 5 mins segments. It just made you watch all the shows in between. Also, Alyson and Mitchel are from Phineas & Ferb. And I think they include international stars because Disney Channel airs all over the world. I'm fine with having them there.
    So im I especially the 5 mins thing that got old.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pedroman01

    pedroman01

    [19]Aug 10, 2008
    • member since: 10/09/06
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 151
    The problem is that it seems like they are trying to make it a reality show. With all the tension and trying to form alliances etc...just play the games. as well there are no indivisual games its all team...but the games themselves are still good
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AngelofLyoko

    AngelofLyoko

    [20]Aug 21, 2008
    • member since: 04/25/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,441
    DO NOT RUIN THE FIRST YEAR I GET TO WATCH THE DC GAMES!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.