Disney Channel Games Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2008)

DC Games Not as Good as Last Year

richieb14

[1]May 31, 2008
    • level: 6
    The 2008 Disney Channel Games do not seem like they will be as good as last year or even the year before that. First off, it starts like in late July and ends in late August! One month! We have to wait a little less than two months for the games. Also, there will only be five events! Plus, no High School Musical stars will be in the games and Miley's only a performer. And a lot of the people are on the same teams as last year. The most popular people in the games are the Jonas Brothers! I mean, I was really looking forward to the games this year, but all of this stuff kind of puts a downer on it. What do you think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DisneyFreak33

[2]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 21

I agree, I mean Hannah Montana(Miley Cyrus) and High School Musical are the two biggest things on Disney. They should of let those stars be in the games instead of all those Camp Rock stars(except the Jonas Brothers, I love them) and that annoying Demi and her annoyingbest friend Selena Gomez, ughh they drive me insane.(Sorry fans but I can't stand either of them) I miss all the old stars!! The stars from 2005-2007 ROCK! These new stars suck(my opinion)

purplewowies

[3]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 18
    Miley was shooting her movie and was only able to be a performer.

But I DO agree on the HSM thing.

nickel2006

[4]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 48
    Zac and Vanessa want to move on from Disney, thats why they haven't been in the DCG for 2 years.

chanelissweet

[5]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 29

what happen to the hosts? because it looks like on the previews that cody lisdney and that girl who played the mean girl on camp rock look like there going to take the place of brain stepanek and phill lewis.

i'm not sure but thats my conclusion from the previews that they keep showing and disneychannel.com

correct me if i'm wrong

jj91w

[6]Jul 6, 2008
    DisneyFreak33 wrote:

I agree, I mean Hannah Montana(Miley Cyrus) and High School Musical are the two biggest things on Disney. They should of let those stars be in the games instead of all those Camp Rock stars(except the Jonas Brothers, I love them) and that annoying Demi and her annoyingbest friend Selena Gomez, ughh they drive me insane.(Sorry fans but I can't stand either of them) I miss all the old stars!! The stars from 2005-2007 ROCK! These new stars suck(my opinion)

old stars the 2005-2007 stars suck to me now expect Miley .

jj91w

[7]Jul 6, 2008
    chanelissweet wrote:

what happen to the hosts? because it looks like on the previews that cody lisdney and that girl who played the mean girl on camp rock look like there going to take the place of brain stepanek and phill lewis.

i'm not sure but thats my conclusion from the previews that they keep showing and disneychannel.com

correct me if i'm wrong

just on the website thier host. But Brian Stepanek still host but Phil does not.

hawksie

[8]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 9
    I agree. The Camp Rock stars don't have the flare that the HSM stars did. I was much more interested in last years DC Games then I'm feeling for this one.

AngelofLyoko

[9]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 11
    This is the first DC Games I have seen, and I wish I could have seen last year's DC Games. I thought that the first epi was cooler than I expected it to be.

DisneyFreak33

[10]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 21
    jj91w wrote:
    DisneyFreak33 wrote:

Expect Miley, what? Do you mean except Miley? But the new stars are just kinda annoying to me, I grew up watching and listening to the older stars that's why I like them better & always will. In my opinion they have more talent and better personalities. Sorry but the newer ones are kinda obnoixous. On E! News back in May they interviewed about 3 of the girls from Camp Rock & they acted like they had already gained the success that the HSM stars and Miley Cyrus already have, and like I said this was back in May and the movie had not even aired yet,. No offence but I find that like I said really obnoixous. The only kinda newer stars I like are JB. All the other Camp Rock kids(except for Anna Maria) ughhhh, they just I dunno don't appeal to me.

Edited on 07/31/2008 5:15pm

jj91w

[11]Aug 2, 2008
    DisneyFreak33 wrote:
    jj91w wrote:
    DisneyFreak33 wrote:

Expect Miley, what? Do you mean exceptMiley? But the new stars are just kinda annoying to me, I grew up watching and listening to the older stars that's why I like them better & always will. In my opinion they have more talent and better personalities. Sorry but the newer ones are kinda obnoixous. On E! News back in May they interviewed about 3 of the girls from Camp Rock & they acted like they had already gained the success that the HSM stars and Miley Cyrus already have, and like I said this was back in May and the movie had not even aired yet,. No offence but I find that like I said really obnoixous. The only kinda newer stars I like are JB. All the other Camp Rock kids(except for Anna Maria) ughhhh, they just I dunno don't appeal to me.

opps the old 2005 -2007 stars I like are Miley the HSM cast go old fast .I kinda think the new stars have more talent Demi has an amazing voice .Selena is a really good actress. JB are good .I do agree the CR girls are kinda annoying but yeah.

NatalieTV100

[12]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 10
    To tell you the truth I only liked the first DC Games. Last year it was good but I didn't really pay much attention to it and this year it's just plain boring.

tyini

[13]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 27
    i disagree i think it's better this year. It seems more competitive and more organized. All my favourites are in there. Who cares if the cast of HSM isn't there. They don't make the games better

jj91w

[14]Aug 3, 2008
    I know I so agree with you.

munchlax99

[15]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 8

no hsm stars no life with derek no animated stars(replacements, phineas and ferb) that stinks

Get rid of the internatinal stars

and show it between other shows like the first season

PLEASE DISNEY

jj91w

[16]Aug 8, 2008
    life with Derk not even a Disney Channel show HSM cast is over Disney and whats the piont of having animated stars for a non animated show and I kinda like the internatinal.

racheeel

[17]Aug 8, 2008
    I disagree. I'm loving this year. I hated the short 5 mins segments. It just made you watch all the shows in between.

Also, Alyson and Mitchel are from Phineas & Ferb. And I think they include international stars because Disney Channel airs all over the world. I'm fine with having them there.

jj91w

[18]Aug 8, 2008
    racheeel wrote:
    I disagree. I'm loving this year. I hated the short 5 mins segments. It just made you watch all the shows in between. Also, Alyson and Mitchel are from Phineas & Ferb. And I think they include international stars because Disney Channel airs all over the world. I'm fine with having them there.
    So im I especially the 5 mins thing that got old.

pedroman01

[19]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 61
    The problem is that it seems like they are trying to make it a reality show. With all the tension and trying to form alliances etc...just play the games. as well there are no indivisual games its all team...but the games themselves are still good

AngelofLyoko

[20]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 11
    DO NOT RUIN THE FIRST YEAR I GET TO WATCH THE DC GAMES!!!!!