Disneyland

Mickey's Christmas Carol

Aired Wednesday 7:30 PM Dec 04, 1988 on ABC

• All in all, this is one of the best and more original renditions of a christmas carol there is. Besides, its a classic.

This is a really great christmas special. We get to see some of our favorite Disney characters re-enact Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, complete with the names from a Christmas Carol so its almost like they're all getting together and performing this for us. Scrooge McDuck is cast obviously and fittingly to portray one of the characters' own inspirations miser Ebenezer Scrooge. I don't know how many times Scrooge McDuck has been put on screen, so I don't know if his voice has ever changed, but I love that this is the Scrooge from Ducktales. It all makes sense now. Mickey is Bob Cratchet(Not sure how to spell some of these names), Donald is Scrooge's nephew Fred, Goofy is Jacob Marley, and there are these two charity collectors running around who for some reason resemble Sherlock Holmes and Watson.

And then you get more obscure casting like Jiminy Cricket as the ghost of christmas past, the Giant from Mickey and the Beanstalk as the ghost of christmas present. And of course Pete, in all of his cigar smoking would-probably-not-fly-if-they-showed-it-on-tv-now glory, as the ghost of christmas yet to come. As well as some other ones, I won't spoil for you. This special really has heart to it, it tells the tale in a really unique fashion all in the span of 26 minutes or so, all the while portraying emotion like the scene where Mickey is crying at Tiny Tim's grave. All in all, this is one of the best and more original renditions of a christmas carol there is. Besides, its a classic.
  • the best version ever!

This has got to be the best version of this classic tale, by far. When i first saw it as a kid, i recorded it and watched it over and over. I love all of the classic Disney characters in it, like Pete, Scrooge Mcduck, Goofy and Mickey. This movie could have been even better if it was longer. it is one of Disney's mini classics, but i think if they would have made it longer and put it in theaters, it would have done well. Even though it is not a well known classic, it will be a classic in my heart.