Toon Patrol

WWinnieF

[61]Feb 28, 2010
    • level: 20

tymime wrote:
    You butt in acting like we're a bunch of bratty children who need to behave AFTER I had stopped arguing with koda20,
    You WERE arguing like children during your fight.
    :
    and you just keep coming back for no good reason other than to say how you consider yourself to be better than I am in a variety of ways whether or know it or not.
    INEVER once have said I feel as though I am better than you.YOU arethe one misinterpeting and making me out to be the bad guy.
    :
    You think you're so clever by picking apart my words.
    Quoting from words YOU have said is not picking them apart. YOU should watch what you say, plain and simple.
    :
    You're one of the biggest a-holes I've ever met, and I'm sick to death of you.
    Hey now, YOU were the one fighting with koda over a simple matter and your making ME feel like a jerk? What's up with that? You--my friend--could learn to use some manners and courtesy.
    :
    I'll say it once more: JUST. GO. AWAY.
    No way. YOU are the one blowing everything out of proportion, continuing to fight like an ignorant child. Look, I don't want to argue with you, but you seem insistant on dragging this whole thing on.
    :
    There's no point in trying to continue talking with me- because every time you post something I'm just going to say something back and wait until you give up and finally leave me alone.
    I don't give up either you know. And in all honesty, I think the only reason we're even having this discussion is because YOU seem to be having a misunderstanding with me.
    :
    I'm not letting jerks like you who sit on their high-horses beat me.
    Two things: One, I am not a jerk. Two, I am not trying to beat you. I'm just trying to put this whole matter to rest.
    :
    If you think getting back to your regular life is so important, and that this is a trivial matter, than why bother talking to me?
    It is first off, because YOU keep responding and secondly, because I love conversation. There's nothing WRONG with that, one would surmize.
    :
    I don't think this is so trivial, but you sure do.
    I meant fighting over a CARTOON seems so silly and trite, so it IS trivial. But being passionate about something you care about is reason enough to defend a cause. However, letting it go well beyond its boundariesIS going too far, in my opinion.
    :
    Why waste your time?
    I could ask the same for you in regards to picking apart what I and others before me have said. Why doYOU insist on fighting with others?
    :
    ...Don't answer that. No, really- just don't say anything to me.
    Why not? YOU are the one fighting with me, as I have no beef with you, other than you continuing to have a tiff with me for no real reason.

Edited on 02/28/2010 1:05am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tymime

[62]Feb 28, 2010
    • level: 2
    I'm angry with you right now because you yourself have said that you have more rights than me because you've been here longer. You've been calling me childish. Therefore, you think that you're better than me. Your words ooze a superiority you perceive in yourself.

I've never heard such an arrogant, egotistical atrocity come from someone's mouth before. You really believe that you have more rights than I do? Have the last two centuries taught you nothing?

"All men are created equal." Ever heard of that phrase before?

So if you really believe that this has been a misunderstanding, you've done nothing to prove that. All I want is for you to stop treating me like a stupid child and leave. You don't know me well enough to prove that.
    And before you say it, I think that your claim that you have more rights than me is more than enough proof to show that you're an arrogant jerk.
    If you're really only continuing this because you like conversation, rather than it being a matter pride like it is for me (and pride isn't the same thing as an ego, by the way), than I would consider you to be a masochist of some kind.

Also, this hasn't had anything to do with cartoons for some time now. You're the only one who keeps mentioning it.

Treating others as if they were inferior doesn't get you by in life. It certainly hasn't worked for me, and this conversation is proof of that- I only continue it because I believe that I'm right (which isn't as horrible as you may think, since you're doing it yourself) and I don't want someone like you to have the last word.
    If you ask me, you've got a lot to learn.

So if you want me to believe that you're NOT an arrogant jerk, stop behaving like one. Arrogance is far more childish than the stubbornness I've shown- in my opinion, stubbornness is holding on to your ideals.

The only way you would convince me of your side of the argument is if you somehow proved that what you've said to me has been the words of an entirely different person.

tymime

[63]Feb 28, 2010
    Just to clarify, the only reason I'M treating you like you're inferior isn't hypocrisy on my part- it's because I have MORAL STANDARDS that everyone is subject to. I know that isn't politically correct, but I honestly don't care.
    So far the only reason you have to think that you're better than me is because you supposedly have been here longer than I have, and think that trying to get an idiot to cooperate with me is childish (I was FORCED to act in a less dignified manner towards koda20 because he wouldn't have cooperated otherwise- I was being strategic).
    Being a member of a website longer than someone else is hardly an accomplishment.

WWinnieF

[64]Mar 6, 2010

tymime wrote:
    You've been calling me childish.
    Because you have been acting like one. Continuing to argue is childish. I just want us to come to an agreement and stop fighting immaturely.
    :
    Therefore, you think that you're better than me.
    You acting like a child does not make me think I am better. It just shows that you've been acting immature for what I assume is your age (since people have to be 13 and up to join this site). I have never once thought of myself as superior to anyone. We all have rights here. Yes, I have been here longer and yes, as such--as other forums here have shown--I do have seniority, but that does not imply that I am better. You just seem to think that.
    :
    "All men are created equal." Ever heard of that phrase before?
    I've heard it and I do think that it should say, "All people are created equal", but sadly, we still live in a world run by a corporate elite who has more than the average person, so what does that tell you? It tells me that we still have a long way to go before equality fully exists.
    :
    You don't know me well enough to prove that.
    No, I don't, and I am sorry for possibly misjudging you based on your actions.
    :
    than I would consider you to be a masochist of some kind
    The only sort of masochist I am would be the kind to accidentally get myself hurt (I've been romantically burned before, relatives close to my age always want to play wrestle even when I don't want to, and I even hurt myself at times by banging my head against the wall when I say or do something stupid). Aside from that, I am no more a masochist than you are, which I am sure you're not.
    :
    in my opinion, stubbornness is holding on to your ideals
    And I applaud that, but fighting with me over a misunderstanding when I am sure that we're just miscommunicating (i.e. that we really do agree on a lot of things, even if we're fighting right now, it seems) is a little silly, isn't it?
    :
    (I was FORCED to act in a less dignified manner towards koda20 because he wouldn't have cooperated otherwise- I was being strategic).
    Now, why didn't you mention this before? If you had, we wouldn't be having this discussion. I thought you were arguing with him because of some other reason, not because he was un-cooperative. Now that I've seen this, I understand and sympathize with you. However, letting it go for far too long and then arguing with me is going overboard, IMO. Can't we just put this whole matter behind us and get along?

Edited on 03/06/2010 8:48pm

tymime

[65]Mar 7, 2010
    I don't think you know what "childish" means, frankly. I would've been more subtle in this thread, but both you and koda20 seem to only get my point if I hit you over the head with it.
    It seems to me that you consider stubbornness to be childish. In that case, I would say that you're a hypocrite, because you're being just as stubborn as I am.

Hey, if you're criticizing me, you MUST think that I'm inferior to you. It's only logical. (And yes, I am aware of the irony that I don't think well of you- but I have moral reasons for that, and so far it seems that you don't, like I said.)

If you honestly didn't realize that he wasn't being cooperative until now, I would think that it was you all along who has misunderstood.

I'm not sure what it is that you wish to agree upon. All I want is for you to quit needlessly insulting me and leave. I have plenty to get out of this discussion, but you don't seem to have anything. What are you getting out of this, anyway?

I would've put this behind me a long time ago had you respected my wishes and left me alone. If you had any decency, you would stop causing me stress and just drop this whole thing.
    In other words, I would appreciate it if you just simply stopped responding to me.

WWinnieF

[66]Apr 10, 2010

tymime wrote:
    It seems to me that you consider stubbornness to be childish.
    There's different types of stubborness, you know. Stubborness is often mistaken for being passionate or vice-versa. That is generally what I am (passionate). It appears as though you, on the other hand, just want to further this whole fight by labeling me as the baddie whilst seeing no fault in yourself, which is a load of crock.
    :
    In that case, I would say that you're a hypocrite, because you're being just as stubborn as I am.
    Everyone is hypocritical. It's human nature. We say one thing and do another.
    :
    Hey, if you're criticizing me, you MUST think that I'm inferior to you.
    That's BS. There is a such thing as constructive criticism and that is the sort that helps people better themselves, as opposed to the supposed "criticism" that insults people.
    :
    (And yes, I am aware of the irony that I don't think well of you- but I have moral reasons for that,
    Such as? This whole time, you've been painting me in a bad light, whilst coming across yourself as having a 'holier than thou' attitude. Since no one is perfect, you need to get over yourself and step off your soap box, seeing that we're equal, as you youself said.
    :
    and so far it seems that you don't, like I said.)
    How so? I've been trying to be nice this entire time. You're the one getting my goat by making me out to be the villain in this whole debacle.
    :
    If you honestly didn't realize that he wasn't being cooperative until now, I would think that it was you all along who has misunderstood.
    I probably did. To err is human.
    :
    I'm not sure what it is that you wish to agree upon. All I want is for you to quit needlessly insulting me and leave.
    I am only insulting you for painting me in a bad light. Otherwise, I've nothing against you whatsoever.
    :
    I have plenty to get out of this discussion
    Such as? All you seem to do is constantly harp on me, perceiving yourself as perfect, it seems. Well, newflash, nobody is perfect, so please, enough with the put-downs.
    :
    I would've put this behind me a long time ago had you respected my wishes and left me alone. If you had any decency, you would stop causing me stress and just drop this whole thing.
    I am willing to, if you would do the same.
    :
    In other words, I would appreciate it if you just simply stopped responding to me.
    Fine. We don't have to speak to each other anymore. Good day.

Edited on 04/10/2010 5:20pm
    Edited 3 total times.

tymime

[67]Apr 17, 2010
    I don't think I'm perfect, I make sure everything I say is what I do, and I have moral reasons for thinking that you're an awful person.

Thank you for leaving. You lost.