Divergence Eve

A&E (ended 2003)

DJSagittarius

Divergence Eve Fan Reviews (2)

6.8
  • Surprisingly good, when you get used to it!

I have never been a huge fan of Anime, I guess mostly because it takes some getting used to. The storytelling and the cultural aspects of Japan is different, and this is why a lot of people don't understand Anime or discard it as stupid. Watching the first episode, I found so many things to mock. I thought it was sexist. And the huge - HUGE - boobs were in the way. But, I wanted to give it another chance since it really is very well done, and also from previous experiences, as I said, I'm aware the genre takes some getting used to. Now, after having watched all 13 episodes of the first season, I'm hooked. I like Miyaki, and I want her to do well. I guess that's all we really need right, to find a character we care about enough to keep watching? Also, this story gets better and better. On the surface, at least to us living in the west, it looks like bubblegum - but I gotta tell ya, I'd put this series next to Star Wars in my DVD library! Watch it!