DNAngel

(ended 2003)

DJSagittarius

DNAngel Fan Reviews (54)

• A young nice boy who can transform into a magical phantom thief by the power of love. Very nice anime with a mix of fantasy, comedy, and teen romance drama. Very enjoyable anime to watch.

D.N.Angel ROCKS!!! I never get tired of watching this series, especially episode 18. I've always enjoyed the DaiskuexRiku relationship; I'm a sucker for anime romance. Risa, on the other hand, is the ONLY character in the anime that I just can't stand. An anime that includes a fourteen-year-old boy who is a victim in a love triangle with friendly twin sisters that becomes more complex when he can transform into a phantom thief known as Dark Mousy. Interesting indeed. This is one anime series that you just have to watch and enjoy.
  • Anyway risa likes dark the second she see's him and so dark tries to even kiss risa in one episode and daisuke stops him but risa has a sister named riku who secretly likes daisuke.So daisuke and (hottie) DARK fight against evil and stealing anything!!!!

Risa and Riku wow they have the kutest boys to love them but mostly risa's boy i mean man DARK dark protects risa when she is in danger because of his sectetly secret love for her and riku has her man DAISUKE who is so adorable she is lucky cause daisuke protects her and never leaves her side ohhhhh i just love these kute couples but im gonna have to steel dark from daisuke cause he is too kute
    and nobody forget that dark,sasuke,neji,kiba,sesshomaru,inuyasha,koga,oujiro,and zelgadiss are all mine!!!!!!
  • On his 14th birthday, Daisuke Niwa turns into the legendary phantom theif, Dark! Daisuke only wishes to lead a normal life, but the only way he can push Dark aside is to get Risa to love him. But she loves Dark! Watch this thrilling tale unfold in DNAngel

DN Angel is an extraordinary show with a unique play on the idea of works of art comming to life! The creaters of the show did a wonderful job of placing the pieces together leading to a very dramatic ending. The relationship between the Niwa and Hikari clan with Satoshi and Daisuke has been nicely formed as well. The cold Satoshi who doesn't have time for girls or any friends at all, yet approaches Daisuke, the cluzty dork who has fallen head over heals for Risa Harada who has no desire to be with him. When you incorporate Dark and Krad into all of this highschool nonsense, things go chaotic! A fight in the meat locker between two halves of the same piece of art, now there's something you don't see every day! I also love what they did with the cultural reform and the works of art. I'm no historian, but it seems it is something that would be found in history (and probably is). A reform getting rid of old works of art because they do not "suit" the time era. Imagine what that would do to artists who created that stuff! It's very interesting how they incorporated the Hikaris into all of this and made a fantasy world seem real! The end was put together with just as much care as the rest of the series was as well! Satoshi's near death experience, the true art work that is Dark and Krad, all come together. For so long in the series you are kept in the dark about what is truely going on that you feel what the characters feel when they find out what the true meaning behind it all is. You understand where the character is comming from, no matter which emotion they show. As a viewer, you begin to almost feel what the character is feeling! Wonderful! The TV show and the manga series are two different things. If you compare them, you're more than likely going to hate one. So why not just enjoy both as two completely seperate things. This way, you get more adventures form the wonderful DN Angel series!
  • wow i love this show but i wish it had more episodes .....

well this show about a kid who has the phantom thief living inside him and he steal artwork stuff like that it has lots of drama that keeps you watching it and for girls there a lot of love going on so i think all people should watch it if you love cartoons you will love this but i wish the show would more then one season too this show is so cool i over all tell me if you agree or not look for my other reivews and this show rocks i give it a 10 out of 10 !!!!!!!
  • About a boy named Dasuke with awsome powers from his DNA?? Wow this IS a great show.

I love this show however the magna is even better than this. =( This is just my OPINION so go ahead and disagree with me anyway. Okay now I have 20 words to go I'l just keep typing until I get 50 words okay okay wait i'm not done okay DONE!!!
  • A thief that steals demonic art works, and his host's girlfriend!

This show was recommended to me by Vic, who voices the lead character, Dark Mousy. I am so glad I took his advice and checked it out. This show is the best I've ever seen, so far. ADV is probably the best Dub company out there. Funimation is good, but they don't present shows like DNAngel. ^^ This is one of those shows.

Dark's slick humor, and sexiness is great! I love the different relationships between the characters, and the development as the series goes on is incredible. Everyone should enjoy this show. It's got comedy, drama, and magic. It's perfectly.
  • daisuke niwa is just an average 14-year old until he learns of his families gene. in order to cure him of this "condition" daisuke must make his first love come to fruition. but when he falls in love with the girl dark is in love with, what happens then?

this is a really great anime. i got hooked just from the first couple of chapters, i mean come on, how many anime can do that. this is a really great anime to watch or to read the manga of, whichever fits a person best. i absolutely love this series.
  • Daisuke Niwa was just an average teenager until his 14th birthday when after being rejected by his love,Risa, a DNA gene in him causes him to turn into the thief Dark anytime he thinks about Risa.Daisuke learns to face challenges and matures as the series

One of the BEST shows ever!!!!!I LOVE the romance in this show and I wish other shows were more like this one.I was hooked from the first episode and i love watching the episodes over and over again on dvd.I recommend this show to anyone who loves mystery,romance,some comedy,action,and adventure.This show is so awesome and it shows characters who have to overcome obstacles and face challenges of growing up and not being afraid to show who you are.I think this show should be on a top 10 anime list i know it is on my top 10 anime list.This show is sort of underappreciated and deserves more fame and credit than it has.
  • Daisuke Niwa, 14 year old student, has a crush on one of the most popular girls in school, and harbors a famous art thief. Wait, what? What makes this series so great is the creativity of the storyline, so Daisuke must go on, hoping not to be caught as Da

What really makes this series wonderful is it's characters. They are so developed and there seems to be something more to all of them. Personal favorite, Satoshi Hiwatari who I personally think has the most mysteries. The anime is wonderful. You can relate to the characters and some of the situations. The anime is a good mix of humor, romance, and action. One of the few animes I am buying on dvd. Though it's not very close to the manga, it still is enjoyable. The storyline captures your attention, because in some ways you've been in this situation before. You've had a crush on someone popular, you've had a terrible secret to hide. You might not have a homicidal angel in you out to kill your only friend, or harbor a great art theif who doesn't stop talking in your head, but some situations we all relate to, and what we can't is perfect enterainment. DNAngel is what really got me into anime again, and I think it's worth the money.
  • one of the best shows ever!!!!!!!

i think this show is great with all the charaters and such.if you ask me i encouge you to watch this show. i think this is one of the best animes of it time. some shows just go knowhere but this show all way end up with a reasonable result
  • On his 14th birthday Daisuke Niwa goes though a major change! You may say he is a different person! He becomes the Phantom Thief Dark! How he becomes Dark has to do with his feeling for his love one.But the one he loves, loves his other self!

This series the best you can get! Love,Action,Adventure,Drama,Mystery,School Drama, it's got it all!When Light can be Darkness, and Darkness is the Light.Good vs Evil! The tie between the two families! Krad vs Dark! So run to your nearest viedo store suncoast, best buy,& pick up a copy of DNAngel today!
  • Absolutly fabouluous is all you nead to know about D.N. Angel for now. NOT this is the best anime outhere GO Wathch it NOW. It's that good.

You have to see it. It fill all of your demands in an anime. It has action, love, comedy, and much more you have to wach. It roocks.
  • Daisuke Niwa is an ordinary Middle School student. On his 14th birthday he attempts to give his crush Risa a love letter but right before she says he is a good friend. Heartbroken, Daisuke thinks about Risa later that day but he turnes into a legendary ph

I really like this series. I only watch 5 minutes of it at a friend's house and I was really hooked. It has humour, romance, and fantasy mixed in. This series is original and I think many people can become really attached to this show. All the characters have a unique personality and they have special roles.
  • Vic got me to watch this show. I owe him for it!! Big time!

I got started watching this how all because of Vic Mignona, the voice actor for Dark Mousy in the ADVision dub. He asked me what kind of anime I liked, and I told him, and then he reccomended this and a couple of others. I can safely say that the majority of the anime I watch now was reccomended to me by Vic himself.

DNAngel's appeal to me is the love trigangle, and the fact that Dark Mousy is very very hot!! I wouldn't mind marrying him if he was a real person.

DNAngel is a comedy, action, bishie fest, that should be checked out by anyone who likes any of the three or all three categories.
  • Daiske is just your avereage boy until he turns into the legendary phantom theif dark mousey. I wont spoil anymore.

All I can say and I think its the highest praise I can give a T.V. show is that I found it very fun to watch. Its charactors were fun and the plot was very interesting, plus the scenery and background music were great. A must watch for anime fans.
  • d.n.angel is the best i love it is so vool i think dont youm you do reply or something k you better k its the best dark is ssoooc ool but my favorite chaarateor is riku cause shes cooooooooool! she the coolest dont yay think i do yay know!

d.n.angel rules!!!!!!!!!!!! dont yay think coolish man im just put ing stuff i could oput letters or something i like all animes exsept one s that are to old for me hey if tour reading this could you to me im really biard k i luv anime k k byeeeeeee
  • po-ittnmunm9p-679 po7ugp668 ioum7gm pg

DNAngel... is a must have!If you like romatic, loving,but sad shows this is it.If you haven\\\'t seen it you need to becasue it wonderful!I hope that they make a second season. I may be on the tenth show but i know its good. So if you haven\\\'y seen it you need to!

• DNAngel... every anime lover should have this anime on their shelf...

Hmm... DNAngel... this is probably one of my favorite anime series out there. No wait... my favorite out there. I love this series so much, that if they made a second season, I'll jump all over the DVD. Seriously, go out and watch this show. You laugh, you cry, you'll be 'this is really good.' There are moments that you want to cry, moments you want to say... 'continue, continue!' You know these moments when they come to you. So what are you doing reading this review? Go out, and watch this amazing, super, awesome, cute, wicked, and all those other fantastic words; show! You won't regret it!
  • I LOVE it alot!!! I also love the characters... :)

So the Miywa family has been "cursed" with the boy will become Dark (a hottie) and go steal things. But only unless the boys "fair maiden" loves him back then he can be rid of Dark. So Daiske likes Risa who likes Dark who likes Risa's grandma- oh ya and Riku like Daiske too... well some how all of this works out. Then theres Crad Darks other half and he is trying to get him bla bla bla... It has great action but some things can be cheesy i guess... If you don't like a never will be together action i love type of anime then don't watch it- even if it is great!!!
  • DNAngel is a very great anime.

I love all anime, but this anime is different from most animes I watch. Its different because I watched it because there were alot of people talking about it. When I watched it I felt very satisfied. DNAngel is probably to good for this time. DNAngel is great in ever single way. Its very complicated and at some moments, hard to understand so you have to pay extra attention to it. I know you'd be lost if you ever missed an episode of anything, but you'd be completely lost when you miss an episode of this anime. I recomend it to all angel loving, magic obsessed fan. Don't think they exist? Who do you think wrote thus review? ;)
  • I have to say I almost Gave up on this show but now I'm Gald I didn't!

I thought this show was good at the 1st episode then after that I thought it was pretty pointless and I was just going to stop watching it all together but my friend Told me to gave it a chance watch all the episode and see if it doesn't change your mind right well I did and right around episode 16 I LOVED IT!! I saw the pointless things come together and they didn't seem pointless anymore it started having an endepth Look on it That Just Pulled me In!! after that the cute little crush romance things became an endepth type love story^^ it was really great to watch and had such depth that I thought was never there it really changed me mind So if anyone watches this show and see what I saw in it and thinks its pointless gave it a chance I know it will change your mind Like it did Mine!!
  • An excellent blend of action, fantasy, drama, and romance! DN Angel is a series that will leave you breathless with animated visual effects, excellent voice acting (Japanese original language), and 2 great songs performed by Miyamoto Shunichi-san.

Right off the bat from the first episode, we are drawn into the fantastic world of Daisuke Niwa. A normal 13 year old boy, trying to grow into a normal way of living (becoming \"cool\", confessing his love for Harada Risa-san, he finds himself drawn into the world of magic and mystery as he turns 14 and finds himself transforming into the legendary Phantom Thief Dark Mousy.

I was honestly surprised by how well-developed this series was. The plotlines are solid, and each episode is practically linked directly to the next. The action sequences are superbly done, there are very few noticable repeated frames, and the usage of CGI elements didn\'t harm the animation one bit. The US voice casting includes known names in the anime world as Greg Ayres and Vic Mignogna(Fullmetal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, etc), and some voices have been relatively well done. The voice actresses for Riku and Risa Don\'t do their characters justice, as it seems they were forced to increase the pitch of their voices to almost infantile ranges. It\'s partly due to this that I had to lower the rating slightly. Also another part that could have been added was more background music, as I noticed some tracks in the episodes were simply piano versions of the Miyamoto song \"Michishirubi\".

Drama is also a key point to this story, as many of the artifacts Dark Mousy / Daisuke Niwa have to \"recover\" and purify have such deep and tragic stories to them, you can help but cry along with Daisuke as he struggles to keep his emotions at bay. Needless to say, a few episodes (which also happen to include two of my favorite Shunichi Miyamoto songs : Caged Bird (Freedert cycle) and Michishirubi (Final Episode)) will leave you grabbing for some tissues.

Overall, this anime will leave you wanting see the episodes one after the other, and then repeat the whole experience. If you wish to truly appreciate the show to its\' fullest, try watching the American dubbed version first (available on Anime Network On Demand), and then buying the complete DVD set in its original Japanese language with English subtitles. ^_^
  • It's a great, emotional show!

What really got me into the anime DNAngel was the manga (comic book version) of DNAngel. I have to admit, the comic version is much better. But the anime has its good qualities, too! It is so well at displaying emotion, and Dark's voice makes me wanna drool (perfect for the part, I tell ya!). The storyline could be better explained at some points, but its definitely got action, screwed-up romance, and fantasy!! Oh, when I say screwed-up romance...I MEAN IT! The show is a huge bundle of loving emotions, all directed at the wrong people. That makes the show all the more suspenseful and likeable, I guess. Heh.
  • Daisuke Niwa is a 14 year-old-boy who has a special DNA due to his genes. Whenever he sees or thinks about his crush, Risa Harada, he turns into the infamous thief Dark. Dark was created by "The Black Wings", a very large piece of artwork.

I first started watching this show when I didn't really know what anime even was. I know its not filled with blood and guts or anything like that but the story line is very bueatiful. Sometimes its just really nice to watch a show like that, hehe it actuly made me cry at the end thats how beatiful I thought the story was. The artwork was also very amazing, personly its kind of hard for me to watch a anime that has really old graphics but with this is wasn't hard at all. So anyone who is intersted in watching it definetly pick it up as soon as possible.
  • I love the show never really read the manga never got the chance to I love the show though. I was pretty glued to the Tv when I saw it. I thought the people who made the show did a good job.

Dnangel is a good show it was pretty cheesy well I think it was. I think other animes are not as good as this one well I do like Pretear that was a good one also. There are all kinds of anime out there which is good you know. I think they did well on this one but I heard from a friend that the manga was better. Well yeah most manga are better then the anime. I think they should make a new season if they can. Not just ending but have another plot to it. I never saw the last episodes but I sometimes got fed up because they just had the same thing going on and on. It was pretty good and cool and awsome at the same time.
  • Daisuke Niwa.

Daisuke Niwa, your normal modern day teenager, He gose to school, has a mom, dad, and grandpa,He hangs with friends, falls in love, perrty normal...right? well he was intill his his 14th birthday. Rejected by his love, Risa Harada was just the start of a not so good day. Handling a rejection on your birthday is hard enough, but because of a certain DNA reaction; he turns into the legendary Phantom Thief, Dark Mousy every time he thinks of his love!

To make matters worse, Dark, 'stole' Risa's heart, when Risa first saw Dark on TV. And, he stole Risa's older twin sister, Riku, first kiss! His friend, Satoshi is after Daisuke's alter-ego, and Daisuke can't have normal talks with Risa like he used to, every time he sees her his heart pounds and he begains to change into dark. but with school and being a thief at the same time well, They just don't call him a Phantom Thief for nothing.

How to rid the condition? Daisuke has to have his confession of love returned...wait... rode block... one problem. If Daisuke keeps changing into Dark when ever he thinks of Risa Harada...or even if he's sround her. how can he spend time with her to get her to like him... is it even possible for Daisuke to ever turn back to normal?

and if thing arn't twisted enouf... Risa, starts to like daisuke after she see's he starts to like her older sister Riku. dose daisuke really love riku? and wait waz with satishi, and dose he know daisuke's seceret?!?!

Profils:

Dark Mousy: the Thantom Thief. Daisuke Niwa: a 14 year old boy. WHo dark just happends to live in.

Riku Harada: The older Twin or risa. the tomboy

Risa Harada: the younger Twin to riku, the girly girl she also loves dark.

satishi: A class mate to daisuke, Risa, and Riku. he also seeks dark's capture.

Krad: the evil side of dark i guess is the best way to put it. he also lives in well... you'll find out.^^
  • Dnangel is one the best anime to come out of a japanese brain, too bad it's incrediblily short.

Concept: 10
    Animation: 10
    Voice acting: 10
    Lasting: 5
    Fun to Watch: 10

Anime are usally hevily loaded on the action, with some romance inbetween, it's a rare occasion to find a core love stroy, and one that works at the same time. Dnangel is a core love stroy, one that works as well. But the turth is, Dnangel is one the best anime to come out of a japanese brain.

Daisuke Niwa, your everyday normal teenager, life changed one day on his 14th birthday. Rejected by his love, Risa Harada, was just the reason why. Handling a rejection on your birthday is hard enough, but because of a certain DNA reaction, he turns into the legendary Phantom Thief, Dark every time he thinks of his love!

• well its about a 14 year old boy who evetually finds gimself to have the powers of Dark a theif and angel.

I love this show although I have never actually seen the anime Iv\'e read it. Its soo cool. Its a action packed anime with some comedy thrown here and there. It also deals with srtuggling romance and mixed emotions. I found out about it by a anime music video a friend had put together, and I instantly fell in love. I would totally recomend it.^o^
  • Really this is a great show, a MUST WATCH Anime.

You know why this series is wonderful, it's the characters. They are so developed and there seems to be something more to all of them. Personal favorite is Daisuke, I love his hair. The anime is GREAT. You can relate to the characters and some of the situations. This anime has a good mix of humor, action, and love. One of the few animes I am buying on dvd. The story Grabs your attention by, well, in some ways you've been in this situation before. You've had a crush on someone popular, you've had a terrible secret to hide stuff like that. We all have our inner demons, yours just might not be a homicidal angel in you bent on killing your only friend, or harbor a great art thief who doesn't stop blabbing in your head. Some situations we all relate to and that is perfect entertainment. DNAngel is really one of the best I've seen so far, plus you might be surprised when you hear a familiar voice from FullMetal Alchemist, Ed. Oh yeah Go Vic.
  • Daisuke Niwa has been trained since he was little, he didn't know for what until his 14th birthday. That day, he discovered that he has an alter ego that has been in his family for over 400 years and was the phantom thief, Dark (who is a pervert).

This anime was fun and easy to watch. It was also a cute little love story. which was funny how Daisuke fell in love with the twins each of them. daisuke is my favorite character because he his cute and clumsy but can does the right thing. My second favorite character is Dark who is so funny and perverted but actually cares deeply about Daisuke and the twins. Also i've always found With/Wiz so adorable. He is my favorite flying rabit thingy. Though Satoshi does sometimes seem gay i think he actually more cares about daisuke as a friend than lover. I've watched this series plenty of times and loved it each time though i do think it could have a better ending. though the anime wasn't as good as the manga so i'll have to give it a 9.2.
< 1 2