DNAngel

(ended 2003)

DJSagittarius

DNAngel Fan Reviews (54)

• What makes an anime terrible? Well, add everything that comes to mind together, and this would win the crown.

2.8
    This show is beautiful to look at, and thats about the only good thing.
    This is the worst manga adaptation I've ever seen! Absolutely horrific! The dubbing is terrible, the stories are patchy and it doesn't stay true to its roots. Glomping my D.N.Angel book, I laugh at this anime when it really isn't supposed to be funny. The manga is about five hundred miles better than this. Terrible AVOID!
  • Niwa Daisuke turns 13, officially in his teen years, and he'll never forget it. He finds out later by a disturbing surprise that he has an alter ego, an infamous demon thief named Dark Mousy.

D.N. Angel had a pretty good plot with a lot of potential. Unfortunately, this anime didn't meet up to the potential. ALL the characters are your stereo typical school boys and school girls, with a cute boy with a sense of good about his head who happens to have a crush on Risa, the pretty girl at school that has a sickingly sweet personality. They, unfortunately, all come off as annoying to me, and it wasn't an enjoyable show to watch. There are many other amazing animes that a viewer could use their time with. However, this may be because I like more in depth shows, and DN Angel is definetly a fluffy show. If you like shows that are cutesy furry and warm, then you'd probably disagree with me. I personally did not enjoy this show very much, and i'd recommend many others.
  • What is it with main anime characters undergoing wicked transformations into hot bishonen?

I've been a faithful reader of the DNAngel manga, and I must say that I was sorely disappointed with the anime. So many story lines were altered for the purpose of the anime director (which, to this day, remains unknown). There were a few episodes that completely followed the manga, and those episodes were generally extremely well done, but then the filler or unrelated plots came along and ruined everything.

The ending left me feeling empty and disappointed. I didn't feel there was any resolution at all, and when the only thing I found to keep myself entertained was making fun of the dialogue, there's something wrong with the series. By chance did anyone else realize that Daisuke looked completely like someone from Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts 2? That was the one and only thing that made my day when I watched the final episode. This series gets a 6/10--don't bother watching it.
  • I liked the manga better

6.8
    Not only did I have a problem with the voice actors (quite frankly they creeped me out) but I hated Risa even more. I'm willing to admit that I read the manga first and usually I like what comes to me first. First off in the manga Dark took stuff because he felt like it in the show he stole it because there was something wrong with it or it was dangerous. I ask you, what's wrong with stealing something because you feel like it? I feel that doing certain things for the wrong reasons and that you don't have an excuse for it lying in your childhood makes things more interesting and lifelike. Not saying I didn't like DNAngel I thought it was pretty good and I liked Hio who made Daisuke so darn uncomfortable (and blush like the girly man he was(f.y.i. I like Daisuke)) but it didn't reach the high standards I gave it after I read the manga.
  • A strange but actually surprisingly good little show.

The plot... such as it is, centres around a 14 year old boy named Daisuke Niwa who's family has a terrible secret. The men in his family transform into the legendary Phantom Thief; Dark Mousy whenever they are confronted with unrequited love. Daisuke must now deal with the life of a thief, the twin girls, one of whom he is in love with and one of whom is in love with Dark and the fact that his best friend is trying to capture Dark.

This an odd little anime with a strange plotline and some very bizzare characters. However, it is quite funny and has some decent moments which set it apart from the average show.
  • Daisuke finds out that he is the Phantom Thief, Dark, and he must steal cursed pieces of art to seal away the evil. Overall I was disappointed with 'DNAngel.'

7.1
    The premise sounded good (apparently the manga is way better, but I'm not here to talk about that) but in the end, there wasn't much of an overall plot, most of the episodes seem to be the stand-alone type episodes without having much to do with things in the end. Dark needs to steal something, Daisuke and Dark have conflicting feelings of love involving the twins, sometimes Krad shows up; pretty much the same thing in each episode.

This doesn't stop there from being deep, touching episodes though. A few are actually really good but I just wish there had been more of a connection between each episode. I actually got a little lost towards the end when they had a few episodes actually working together because I wasn't really expecting it.

The last two episodes are pretty good too (probably the best in the series) but, as a whole, the series could have been better if they had put things together to tell a bigger story connecting the events of each episode.

7.2
    Overall I was disappointed with DNAngel. The premise sounded good (apparently the manga is way better, but I'm not here to talk about that) but in the end, there wasn't much of an overall plot, must of the episodes seem to be stand-alone type episodes without having much to do with things in the end. Dark needs to steal something, Daisuke and Dark have conlficting feelings of love involving the twins, sometimes Krad shows up; pretty much the same thing in each episode.

This doesn't stop there from being deep, touching episodes because a few are really good but I just wish there had been more connecting each episode to the next. I actually got a little lost towards the end when they had a few episodes actually working together. The last two episodes are pretty good too but the series could have been better if they had put things together to tell a bigger story involving the events of each episode.
  • Ok at best

DNAngel when i read the summary and some of the reviews i was mildly excite to check this show out,but after 5 episode i didnt need to watch the other 20 or so episodes.
    Don't get me wrong i don't judge animes based on 5 episodes so i watched the other 21 episodes.DNAngel isn't awfull but it is very original,i can't figure out witch anime the Dark reminds me of it may have been Yu-Gi-Oh but im no sure.Any way Diasuke Niwa on his 14th birthday DNA reaction is going to turn him into Dark Mousy because of his family blood.Dark arch enemy is Krad who is Dark's other half,Krad container is Satoshi Hiwatari who is Diasuke's classmate.Satoshi Hiwatari is a genius and he is also the police cheif(that sound beievable)anyway even if story was neither creative or or original,there is very litte character development in DNAngel the series focuses on meaningless sidebars and is quite repiditive for a magna that was pretty good.

Story 7/10
    Characters 6/10
    Art 6/10
    The Writing 4/10
  • basically the show untimately confuses me.

7.7
    DNANGEL is an awesome show i will give it that much! But it is a little bit confusing to me. When i watch a TV show i dont want to think hard to figure things out. But i will say its a good show! I am currently watching anime nonstop hehe.
  • an impressive show!

Like with a lot of TV Shows, I first discovered this while channel surfing and decided to give the show a try. From that moment onwards, I become hooked on the show. A lot of people say that it isn't possible for this show to be enjoyable simply because the plotline is just too far-fetched. Those people couldn't be more wrong. I mean, yeah, the plotline is a lil far-fetched but that doesn't ruin the show one bit. And on that note I would like to say that the show effortlessly blends Humour, Action and Drama and that the romance doesn't ruin the show at all. If anything it makes the show even more enjoyable. In short, DN Angel is a highly enjoyable anime series that I recommend to everyone.
  • awsume show!

this show is only on dvd but its really cool.So if you havent seen it you should look at the store for it.the animation is really good the characters are ok,and the voice overs are really goodand well it doesnt really have a story but this kid has a theife named dark inside of him so he trans forms into him when he sees his true love,so he keeps a picture of well his lover :).and when his grand father wants him to steel something he looks at the picture.there is also a nother kid that has light inside of him so well i better not give anything away :).
  • It's a good show, but it gets very repetitive after only a few episodes.

Wow... this is a great show. Somehow, they've made a twist on the mahou shoujo chiches- the main character is a boy (Daisuke) who actually has an alter ego that has a mind of his own.

The first 5 or so get a perfect ten. But then it starts to get a little repetitive. There's always a cute miniplot, but in every one Dark has to steal something, and everyone makes a big deal about it, yadda yadda yadda.

If I had a chance to be the director of a new completely remade version, I'd change it a little so every other episode isn't just a filler. But I can't, so I'll just give it an 8 and be done with that.
  • this show about a strange boy and a pair of twins....interesting in the way things are handeled

dn angel a very vauge anime in the beggining you dont really dont know whats going on but later on as miss niwa explains whats happening it comes together that a seemingly innocent child has a splinter cell dna which turns him into a theif?? what a strange thing and the only way to cure it is to have your love returned?? if that is true the anime would of ended a long time ago because riku and daiske liked each other for awhile it was mutual but yet they never said it but knew so dark should of disapperd during the vacation at the beach when daiske confessed his feelings besides that it was a top notch anime very interesing and unique
  • DN Angel is more of a Guilty Pleasure, since this series is very fun to watch

DN Angel is more of a Guilty Pleasure, since this series is very fun to watch

Daisuke Niwa is your typical high school boy, no one special, just your average guy, as he turns 16 he learns about his fate which has been passed down the Niwa famliy timeline, thats right the Niwa males turn into Dark, and become a Phantom theif

Daisuke often gets into battles with his freind Hiwatari of whom turns into Krad, the white winged Angel

at first Niwa is told that to become normal again he must get his sacred maiden, the one of whom he loves which at the time was Risa Harada, but things arent always as they seem, with Daisuke realising who he really loves, that being Miss Riku

the series itself has a good start as the plot begins to unravel properly around episode envolving the second hand of time

the rest of the episodes mearly shows Daisukes feelings for Riku and at first Risa, and a backstory of the phantom theifs, and the Niwa lineage

great series though
  • Daisuke Niwa is a 14 year-old-boy who has a special genetic ability: Whenever he sees or thinks about his crush, Risa Harada, he turns into the infamous phantom thief Dark.

This show was pretty great!I love Daisuke he is just so kind and sweet.I watched the dub version and i liked the voice actor who did Daisuke and i also like Vic Mignogna as Dark i already heard him as Edward Elric and i think that Dark and Ed sound a bit alike,but that's okay. I think what i liked the most about DN Angel was the romance,at first Daisuke likes Risa but then after Dark "dates" Risa Daisuke realizes he has feelings for Riku (Risa's twin sister. I loved when Daisuke and Riku confess their fellings in episode 14 that was cut. I also liked how the end was a happy ending :)unlike FMA. :(
  • Quite interesting anime... and really fun!

Although I hadn't expected DNAngel to be sth extraordinary or exceptional, it amazed me with its romantic storyline, funny characters and not that fascinating fighting scenes. But all in all you wont regret it if you watch it.
    I have to say, though, that the storyline really resembles the one of Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. In both animes there are angel-like characters and they're trying to destroy the evil in the works of art. They are unable to confess their love to the ones they cherish and they have an animal/angel to help them out at the missions. Daisuke seems to me as the male side of Maron.
    Besides everything I've written so far this anime's enthralling more with its romance and comedy not that much with the actual plot. As for the love scenes, I'd prefer if Risa could be with Dark at the end of the show 'cuz they're a really cute couple :)
  • Its about a boy named Daisuke that shares his body with the legendary phantom thief Dark.Whenever he has felings for the person he likes he transforms.He likes Risa harada but she likes Dark.If she doesnt return his feelings he cant stop transforming.

This show is pretty good,but its different from the manga, they changed many things and didn't add some.Nonetheless its still pretty good to watch and I would suggest you to watch it if you havent read the manga,but still buy the manga cause its awesome.Although something that was weird was that they made satoshi look gay,even though when I read it i suspected he was bi,but in the anime you think he might be gay,anyways ignore my babbling and enjoy the show.
  • Stunning art, scenic landscapes, loveable characters...it's definitely a classic all the way. While the plot varies quite a bit from its original manga, it still manages to hold its own as a tragically hysterical lover's story.

Stunning art, scenic landscapes, loveable characters...it's definitely a classic all the way. While the plot varies quite a bit from its original manga, it still manages to hold its own as a tragically hysterical lover's story. A lot of us can relate to young Daisuke's pursuit of happiness and the love of his sacred maiden, I know I can, that is what drew me to love this story in all its forms. It's stunning and imaginative, leaving you feeling all a flutter and wanting more. The one thing I really like about it is the secret plot twists it throws at you along the way: Who does Daisuke really love? Who's evil, Dark or Krad? Who will survive? Who knows! A must see and a never miss, each episode leaves you with something to build on as you unravel the desires and fates of this anime's characters. Overall it's a rounded show with great art and equally great actors bringing your favorite characters to life and fulfilling your greatest desires (like hearing Dark speak, my gosh...XD).
  • Love it

I love this anime its a pity is is not yet out on NZ tv and by the looks of it other countries tv as well. The 2nd dvd has just come and so as soon as I get paid I'm going down to Gamesman! woo woo! Anyway this anime is wonderful it can double as a kids cartoon as well as a teenage favourite as well. This anime has the potental to be as great as Cardcaptors.
  • I did enjoy this show, even though the concept of the show is a little farfetched.

This is a very good show to me. I really liked the characters, music, and some of the humor. I also think that the whole concept of this show is a little farfetched. Daisuke transforming into Dark while confessing his love to Risa? This may sound weird, but it did not stop me from enjoying this show. The phrase that keeps me alive today without any remorse by Freedert is slowing calming my depression. I cannot remember the phrase, because I have not seen this show in 2 years. But really, the dialog in this show will keep you wanting more. There are many happy, sad, and exotic moments in this show. The music in this show is awesome! It can get sad, so beware. Overall, great show with: cute, lovable characters, very uptight music, and great dialog. Watch this show if your day is going south!
  • A love interest which brings about a blessing and a curse for Daisuke Niwa.

A simple crush turned into the search for a Sacred Maiden. Time and a gain Niwa transforms into the Phantom thief Dark. The catalyst to this transformation is love, unrequited. To truly release himself from Dark he must find his Sacred Maiden, the women he is meant to be with, love her and receive her love in return. However it is not as simple as Niwa would like it to be. Dark and Niwa steal pieces of art work that need to be sealed, their magic power must be controlled, so that a great evil will not be re-released into this world. As the story progresses Niwa finds that his feelings start to waver from Risa, who he thought was his Sacred Maiden, and start to grow towards Riku, a girl he has just started to notice and care for. Beyond the love story, there is also the story of the friendship between Dark and Niwa. When the two first met they bumped heads all the time however as time progresses they become more and more of a team almost to the point of brotherhood. This is a spectacular series worth the watch and worth knowing the storyline. I am impressed by the character development, the rich art filled world, and the musical score. All in all this is awesome and you should watch it!
  • This is awesome!! May not be #1 on my list, but its far up there!! Ya gotta see it!!

D.N.Angel tells a story of a boy whose life was changed of heartbroken and his 14th B-day. After being rejected from his lifetime love, Daisuke Niwa is changed when something like his alter ego surfaces...Now Daisuke must become part of the Phantom Theif's work, while also trying to work out his feelings of love...
  • It's a hopeless romantic's best friend...with angels!

I lIked it a lot. I found it pretty interesting. I don\'t know about you people though... I really like the plot and stuff. I guess I am a hopeless romantic. Well, whatever... I\'m just trying to take up space. Who freakin\' wants to make every single review 50 words long. Oh, well... It can\'t be helped. Anyways I think you guys should watch this show.
  • Daisuke Niwa has been trained since he was little, he didn't know for what until his 14th birthday. That day, he discovered that he has an alter ego that has been in his family for over 400 years and was the phantom thief, Dark (who is a pervert).

This anime was fun and easy to watch. It was also a cute little love story. which was funny how Daisuke fell in love with the twins each of them. daisuke is my favorite character because he his cute and clumsy but can does the right thing. My second favorite character is Dark who is so funny and perverted but actually cares deeply about Daisuke and the twins. Also i've always found With/Wiz so adorable. He is my favorite flying rabit thingy. Though Satoshi does sometimes seem gay i think he actually more cares about daisuke as a friend than lover. I've watched this series plenty of times and loved it each time though i do think it could have a better ending. though the anime wasn't as good as the manga so i'll have to give it a 9.2.
  • Daisuke Niwa is a 14 year-old-boy who has a special DNA due to his genes. Whenever he sees or thinks about his crush, Risa Harada, he turns into the infamous thief, Dark.

da show is a-w-e-s-o-m-e...VERY too...i luv it...pls pls pls pls do watch it EVERY1...highly suggested by me...daisuke is such a lucky boy to me...he get to b dark which is a thief...how i wish i got da 2nd side of me who is like dark too...his love for risa(daisuke's crush) sud had fallen for dark(da other side of daisuke)...later u can see dat daisuke had fallen for risa's sis, riku...
  • Dnangel is one the best anime to come out of a japanese brain, too bad it's incrediblily short.

Concept: 10
    Animation: 10
    Voice acting: 10
    Lasting: 5
    Fun to Watch: 10

Anime are usally hevily loaded on the action, with some romance inbetween, it's a rare occasion to find a core love stroy, and one that works at the same time. Dnangel is a core love stroy, one that works as well. But the turth is, Dnangel is one the best anime to come out of a japanese brain.

Daisuke Niwa, your everyday normal teenager, life changed one day on his 14th birthday. Rejected by his love, Risa Harada, was just the reason why. Handling a rejection on your birthday is hard enough, but because of a certain DNA reaction, he turns into the legendary Phantom Thief, Dark every time he thinks of his love!

• well its about a 14 year old boy who evetually finds gimself to have the powers of Dark a theif and angel.

I love this show although I have never actually seen the anime Iv\'e read it. Its soo cool. Its a action packed anime with some comedy thrown here and there. It also deals with srtuggling romance and mixed emotions. I found out about it by a anime music video a friend had put together, and I instantly fell in love. I would totally recomend it.^o^
  • Really this is a great show, a MUST WATCH Anime.

You know why this series is wonderful, it's the characters. They are so developed and there seems to be something more to all of them. Personal favorite is Daisuke, I love his hair. The anime is GREAT. You can relate to the characters and some of the situations. This anime has a good mix of humor, action, and love. One of the few animes I am buying on dvd. The story Grabs your attention by, well, in some ways you've been in this situation before. You've had a crush on someone popular, you've had a terrible secret to hide stuff like that. We all have our inner demons, yours just might not be a homicidal angel in you bent on killing your only friend, or harbor a great art thief who doesn't stop blabbing in your head. Some situations we all relate to and that is perfect entertainment. DNAngel is really one of the best I've seen so far, plus you might be surprised when you hear a familiar voice from FullMetal Alchemist, Ed. Oh yeah Go Vic.
  • Daisuke Niwa.

Daisuke Niwa, your normal modern day teenager, He gose to school, has a mom, dad, and grandpa,He hangs with friends, falls in love, perrty normal...right? well he was intill his his 14th birthday. Rejected by his love, Risa Harada was just the start of a not so good day. Handling a rejection on your birthday is hard enough, but because of a certain DNA reaction; he turns into the legendary Phantom Thief, Dark Mousy every time he thinks of his love!

To make matters worse, Dark, 'stole' Risa's heart, when Risa first saw Dark on TV. And, he stole Risa's older twin sister, Riku, first kiss! His friend, Satoshi is after Daisuke's alter-ego, and Daisuke can't have normal talks with Risa like he used to, every time he sees her his heart pounds and he begains to change into dark. but with school and being a thief at the same time well, They just don't call him a Phantom Thief for nothing.

How to rid the condition? Daisuke has to have his confession of love returned...wait... rode block... one problem. If Daisuke keeps changing into Dark when ever he thinks of Risa Harada...or even if he's sround her. how can he spend time with her to get her to like him... is it even possible for Daisuke to ever turn back to normal?

and if thing arn't twisted enouf... Risa, starts to like daisuke after she see's he starts to like her older sister Riku. dose daisuke really love riku? and wait waz with satishi, and dose he know daisuke's seceret?!?!

Profils:

Dark Mousy: the Thantom Thief. Daisuke Niwa: a 14 year old boy. WHo dark just happends to live in.

Riku Harada: The older Twin or risa. the tomboy

Risa Harada: the younger Twin to riku, the girly girl she also loves dark.

satishi: A class mate to daisuke, Risa, and Riku. he also seeks dark's capture.

Krad: the evil side of dark i guess is the best way to put it. he also lives in well... you'll find out.^^
  • I love the show never really read the manga never got the chance to I love the show though. I was pretty glued to the Tv when I saw it. I thought the people who made the show did a good job.

Dnangel is a good show it was pretty cheesy well I think it was. I think other animes are not as good as this one well I do like Pretear that was a good one also. There are all kinds of anime out there which is good you know. I think they did well on this one but I heard from a friend that the manga was better. Well yeah most manga are better then the anime. I think they should make a new season if they can. Not just ending but have another plot to it. I never saw the last episodes but I sometimes got fed up because they just had the same thing going on and on. It was pretty good and cool and awsome at the same time.
< 1 2