DNAngel

(ended 2003)

DJSagittarius

DNAngel Fan Reviews (54)

• I did enjoy this show, even though the concept of the show is a little farfetched.

This is a very good show to me. I really liked the characters, music, and some of the humor. I also think that the whole concept of this show is a little farfetched. Daisuke transforming into Dark while confessing his love to Risa? This may sound weird, but it did not stop me from enjoying this show. The phrase that keeps me alive today without any remorse by Freedert is slowing calming my depression. I cannot remember the phrase, because I have not seen this show in 2 years. But really, the dialog in this show will keep you wanting more. There are many happy, sad, and exotic moments in this show. The music in this show is awesome! It can get sad, so beware. Overall, great show with: cute, lovable characters, very uptight music, and great dialog. Watch this show if your day is going south!
  • Daisuke Niwa is a 14 year-old-boy who has a special genetic ability: Whenever he sees or thinks about his crush, Risa Harada, he turns into the infamous phantom thief Dark.

This show was pretty great!I love Daisuke he is just so kind and sweet.I watched the dub version and i liked the voice actor who did Daisuke and i also like Vic Mignogna as Dark i already heard him as Edward Elric and i think that Dark and Ed sound a bit alike,but that's okay. I think what i liked the most about DN Angel was the romance,at first Daisuke likes Risa but then after Dark "dates" Risa Daisuke realizes he has feelings for Riku (Risa's twin sister. I loved when Daisuke and Riku confess their fellings in episode 14 that was cut. I also liked how the end was a happy ending :)unlike FMA. :(
  • an impressive show!

Like with a lot of TV Shows, I first discovered this while channel surfing and decided to give the show a try. From that moment onwards, I become hooked on the show. A lot of people say that it isn't possible for this show to be enjoyable simply because the plotline is just too far-fetched. Those people couldn't be more wrong. I mean, yeah, the plotline is a lil far-fetched but that doesn't ruin the show one bit. And on that note I would like to say that the show effortlessly blends Humour, Action and Drama and that the romance doesn't ruin the show at all. If anything it makes the show even more enjoyable. In short, DN Angel is a highly enjoyable anime series that I recommend to everyone.
  • A strange but actually surprisingly good little show.

The plot... such as it is, centres around a 14 year old boy named Daisuke Niwa who's family has a terrible secret. The men in his family transform into the legendary Phantom Thief; Dark Mousy whenever they are confronted with unrequited love. Daisuke must now deal with the life of a thief, the twin girls, one of whom he is in love with and one of whom is in love with Dark and the fact that his best friend is trying to capture Dark.

This an odd little anime with a strange plotline and some very bizzare characters. However, it is quite funny and has some decent moments which set it apart from the average show.
  • Daisuke Niwa has been trained since he was little, he didn't know for what until his 14th birthday. That day, he discovered that he has an alter ego that has been in his family for over 400 years and was the phantom thief, Dark (who is a pervert).

This anime was fun and easy to watch. It was also a cute little love story. which was funny how Daisuke fell in love with the twins each of them. daisuke is my favorite character because he his cute and clumsy but can does the right thing. My second favorite character is Dark who is so funny and perverted but actually cares deeply about Daisuke and the twins. Also i've always found With/Wiz so adorable. He is my favorite flying rabit thingy. Though Satoshi does sometimes seem gay i think he actually more cares about daisuke as a friend than lover. I've watched this series plenty of times and loved it each time though i do think it could have a better ending. though the anime wasn't as good as the manga so i'll have to give it a 9.2.
  • Niwa Daisuke turns 13, officially in his teen years, and he'll never forget it. He finds out later by a disturbing surprise that he has an alter ego, an infamous demon thief named Dark Mousy.

D.N. Angel had a pretty good plot with a lot of potential. Unfortunately, this anime didn't meet up to the potential. ALL the characters are your stereo typical school boys and school girls, with a cute boy with a sense of good about his head who happens to have a crush on Risa, the pretty girl at school that has a sickingly sweet personality. They, unfortunately, all come off as annoying to me, and it wasn't an enjoyable show to watch. There are many other amazing animes that a viewer could use their time with. However, this may be because I like more in depth shows, and DN Angel is definetly a fluffy show. If you like shows that are cutesy furry and warm, then you'd probably disagree with me. I personally did not enjoy this show very much, and i'd recommend many others.
  • this show about a strange boy and a pair of twins....interesting in the way things are handeled

dn angel a very vauge anime in the beggining you dont really dont know whats going on but later on as miss niwa explains whats happening it comes together that a seemingly innocent child has a splinter cell dna which turns him into a theif?? what a strange thing and the only way to cure it is to have your love returned?? if that is true the anime would of ended a long time ago because riku and daiske liked each other for awhile it was mutual but yet they never said it but knew so dark should of disapperd during the vacation at the beach when daiske confessed his feelings besides that it was a top notch anime very interesing and unique
  • Ok at best

DNAngel when i read the summary and some of the reviews i was mildly excite to check this show out,but after 5 episode i didnt need to watch the other 20 or so episodes.
    Don't get me wrong i don't judge animes based on 5 episodes so i watched the other 21 episodes.DNAngel isn't awfull but it is very original,i can't figure out witch anime the Dark reminds me of it may have been Yu-Gi-Oh but im no sure.Any way Diasuke Niwa on his 14th birthday DNA reaction is going to turn him into Dark Mousy because of his family blood.Dark arch enemy is Krad who is Dark's other half,Krad container is Satoshi Hiwatari who is Diasuke's classmate.Satoshi Hiwatari is a genius and he is also the police cheif(that sound beievable)anyway even if story was neither creative or or original,there is very litte character development in DNAngel the series focuses on meaningless sidebars and is quite repiditive for a magna that was pretty good.

Story 7/10
    Characters 6/10
    Art 6/10
    The Writing 4/10
  • Quite interesting anime... and really fun!

Although I hadn't expected DNAngel to be sth extraordinary or exceptional, it amazed me with its romantic storyline, funny characters and not that fascinating fighting scenes. But all in all you wont regret it if you watch it.
    I have to say, though, that the storyline really resembles the one of Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. In both animes there are angel-like characters and they're trying to destroy the evil in the works of art. They are unable to confess their love to the ones they cherish and they have an animal/angel to help them out at the missions. Daisuke seems to me as the male side of Maron.
    Besides everything I've written so far this anime's enthralling more with its romance and comedy not that much with the actual plot. As for the love scenes, I'd prefer if Risa could be with Dark at the end of the show 'cuz they're a really cute couple :)
  • A love interest which brings about a blessing and a curse for Daisuke Niwa.

A simple crush turned into the search for a Sacred Maiden. Time and a gain Niwa transforms into the Phantom thief Dark. The catalyst to this transformation is love, unrequited. To truly release himself from Dark he must find his Sacred Maiden, the women he is meant to be with, love her and receive her love in return. However it is not as simple as Niwa would like it to be. Dark and Niwa steal pieces of art work that need to be sealed, their magic power must be controlled, so that a great evil will not be re-released into this world. As the story progresses Niwa finds that his feelings start to waver from Risa, who he thought was his Sacred Maiden, and start to grow towards Riku, a girl he has just started to notice and care for. Beyond the love story, there is also the story of the friendship between Dark and Niwa. When the two first met they bumped heads all the time however as time progresses they become more and more of a team almost to the point of brotherhood. This is a spectacular series worth the watch and worth knowing the storyline. I am impressed by the character development, the rich art filled world, and the musical score. All in all this is awesome and you should watch it!
  • What is it with main anime characters undergoing wicked transformations into hot bishonen?

I've been a faithful reader of the DNAngel manga, and I must say that I was sorely disappointed with the anime. So many story lines were altered for the purpose of the anime director (which, to this day, remains unknown). There were a few episodes that completely followed the manga, and those episodes were generally extremely well done, but then the filler or unrelated plots came along and ruined everything.

The ending left me feeling empty and disappointed. I didn't feel there was any resolution at all, and when the only thing I found to keep myself entertained was making fun of the dialogue, there's something wrong with the series. By chance did anyone else realize that Daisuke looked completely like someone from Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts 2? That was the one and only thing that made my day when I watched the final episode. This series gets a 6/10--don't bother watching it.
  • Daisuke finds out that he is the Phantom Thief, Dark, and he must steal cursed pieces of art to seal away the evil. Overall I was disappointed with 'DNAngel.'

7.1
    The premise sounded good (apparently the manga is way better, but I'm not here to talk about that) but in the end, there wasn't much of an overall plot, most of the episodes seem to be the stand-alone type episodes without having much to do with things in the end. Dark needs to steal something, Daisuke and Dark have conflicting feelings of love involving the twins, sometimes Krad shows up; pretty much the same thing in each episode.

This doesn't stop there from being deep, touching episodes though. A few are actually really good but I just wish there had been more of a connection between each episode. I actually got a little lost towards the end when they had a few episodes actually working together because I wasn't really expecting it.

The last two episodes are pretty good too (probably the best in the series) but, as a whole, the series could have been better if they had put things together to tell a bigger story connecting the events of each episode.
  • Daisuke Niwa.

Daisuke Niwa, your normal modern day teenager, He gose to school, has a mom, dad, and grandpa,He hangs with friends, falls in love, perrty normal...right? well he was intill his his 14th birthday. Rejected by his love, Risa Harada was just the start of a not so good day. Handling a rejection on your birthday is hard enough, but because of a certain DNA reaction; he turns into the legendary Phantom Thief, Dark Mousy every time he thinks of his love!

To make matters worse, Dark, 'stole' Risa's heart, when Risa first saw Dark on TV. And, he stole Risa's older twin sister, Riku, first kiss! His friend, Satoshi is after Daisuke's alter-ego, and Daisuke can't have normal talks with Risa like he used to, every time he sees her his heart pounds and he begains to change into dark. but with school and being a thief at the same time well, They just don't call him a Phantom Thief for nothing.

How to rid the condition? Daisuke has to have his confession of love returned...wait... rode block... one problem. If Daisuke keeps changing into Dark when ever he thinks of Risa Harada...or even if he's sround her. how can he spend time with her to get her to like him... is it even possible for Daisuke to ever turn back to normal?

and if thing arn't twisted enouf... Risa, starts to like daisuke after she see's he starts to like her older sister Riku. dose daisuke really love riku? and wait waz with satishi, and dose he know daisuke's seceret?!?!

Profils:

Dark Mousy: the Thantom Thief. Daisuke Niwa: a 14 year old boy. WHo dark just happends to live in.

Riku Harada: The older Twin or risa. the tomboy

Risa Harada: the younger Twin to riku, the girly girl she also loves dark.

satishi: A class mate to daisuke, Risa, and Riku. he also seeks dark's capture.

Krad: the evil side of dark i guess is the best way to put it. he also lives in well... you'll find out.^^
  • DNAngel is a very great anime.

I love all anime, but this anime is different from most animes I watch. Its different because I watched it because there were alot of people talking about it. When I watched it I felt very satisfied. DNAngel is probably to good for this time. DNAngel is great in ever single way. Its very complicated and at some moments, hard to understand so you have to pay extra attention to it. I know you'd be lost if you ever missed an episode of anything, but you'd be completely lost when you miss an episode of this anime. I recomend it to all angel loving, magic obsessed fan. Don't think they exist? Who do you think wrote thus review? ;)
  • Daisuke Niwa is a 14 year-old-boy who has a special DNA due to his genes. Whenever he sees or thinks about his crush, Risa Harada, he turns into the infamous thief Dark. Dark was created by "The Black Wings", a very large piece of artwork.

I first started watching this show when I didn't really know what anime even was. I know its not filled with blood and guts or anything like that but the story line is very bueatiful. Sometimes its just really nice to watch a show like that, hehe it actuly made me cry at the end thats how beatiful I thought the story was. The artwork was also very amazing, personly its kind of hard for me to watch a anime that has really old graphics but with this is wasn't hard at all. So anyone who is intersted in watching it definetly pick it up as soon as possible.
  • Daisuke Niwa is a 14 year-old-boy who has a special DNA due to his genes. Whenever he sees or thinks about his crush, Risa Harada, he turns into the infamous thief, Dark.

da show is a-w-e-s-o-m-e...VERY too...i luv it...pls pls pls pls do watch it EVERY1...highly suggested by me...daisuke is such a lucky boy to me...he get to b dark which is a thief...how i wish i got da 2nd side of me who is like dark too...his love for risa(daisuke's crush) sud had fallen for dark(da other side of daisuke)...later u can see dat daisuke had fallen for risa's sis, riku...
  • A young nice boy who can transform into a magical phantom thief by the power of love. Very nice anime with a mix of fantasy, comedy, and teen romance drama. Very enjoyable anime to watch.

D.N.Angel ROCKS!!! I never get tired of watching this series, especially episode 18. I've always enjoyed the DaiskuexRiku relationship; I'm a sucker for anime romance. Risa, on the other hand, is the ONLY character in the anime that I just can't stand. An anime that includes a fourteen-year-old boy who is a victim in a love triangle with friendly twin sisters that becomes more complex when he can transform into a phantom thief known as Dark Mousy. Interesting indeed. This is one anime series that you just have to watch and enjoy.

7.2
    Overall I was disappointed with DNAngel. The premise sounded good (apparently the manga is way better, but I'm not here to talk about that) but in the end, there wasn't much of an overall plot, must of the episodes seem to be stand-alone type episodes without having much to do with things in the end. Dark needs to steal something, Daisuke and Dark have conlficting feelings of love involving the twins, sometimes Krad shows up; pretty much the same thing in each episode.

This doesn't stop there from being deep, touching episodes because a few are really good but I just wish there had been more connecting each episode to the next. I actually got a little lost towards the end when they had a few episodes actually working together. The last two episodes are pretty good too but the series could have been better if they had put things together to tell a bigger story involving the events of each episode.
  • I have to say I almost Gave up on this show but now I'm Gald I didn't!

I thought this show was good at the 1st episode then after that I thought it was pretty pointless and I was just going to stop watching it all together but my friend Told me to gave it a chance watch all the episode and see if it doesn't change your mind right well I did and right around episode 16 I LOVED IT!! I saw the pointless things come together and they didn't seem pointless anymore it started having an endepth Look on it That Just Pulled me In!! after that the cute little crush romance things became an endepth type love story^^ it was really great to watch and had such depth that I thought was never there it really changed me mind So if anyone watches this show and see what I saw in it and thinks its pointless gave it a chance I know it will change your mind Like it did Mine!!
  • I LOVE it alot!!! I also love the characters... :)

So the Miywa family has been "cursed" with the boy will become Dark (a hottie) and go steal things. But only unless the boys "fair maiden" loves him back then he can be rid of Dark. So Daiske likes Risa who likes Dark who likes Risa's grandma- oh ya and Riku like Daiske too... well some how all of this works out. Then theres Crad Darks other half and he is trying to get him bla bla bla... It has great action but some things can be cheesy i guess... If you don't like a never will be together action i love type of anime then don't watch it- even if it is great!!!
  • Anyway risa likes dark the second she see's him and so dark tries to even kiss risa in one episode and daisuke stops him but risa has a sister named riku who secretly likes daisuke.So daisuke and (hottie) DARK fight against evil and stealing anything!!!!

Risa and Riku wow they have the kutest boys to love them but mostly risa's boy i mean man DARK dark protects risa when she is in danger because of his sectetly secret love for her and riku has her man DAISUKE who is so adorable she is lucky cause daisuke protects her and never leaves her side ohhhhh i just love these kute couples but im gonna have to steel dark from daisuke cause he is too kute
    and nobody forget that dark,sasuke,neji,kiba,sesshomaru,inuyasha,koga,oujiro,and zelgadiss are all mine!!!!!!
  • On his 14th birthday, Daisuke Niwa turns into the legendary phantom theif, Dark! Daisuke only wishes to lead a normal life, but the only way he can push Dark aside is to get Risa to love him. But she loves Dark! Watch this thrilling tale unfold in DNAngel

DN Angel is an extraordinary show with a unique play on the idea of works of art comming to life! The creaters of the show did a wonderful job of placing the pieces together leading to a very dramatic ending. The relationship between the Niwa and Hikari clan with Satoshi and Daisuke has been nicely formed as well. The cold Satoshi who doesn't have time for girls or any friends at all, yet approaches Daisuke, the cluzty dork who has fallen head over heals for Risa Harada who has no desire to be with him. When you incorporate Dark and Krad into all of this highschool nonsense, things go chaotic! A fight in the meat locker between two halves of the same piece of art, now there's something you don't see every day! I also love what they did with the cultural reform and the works of art. I'm no historian, but it seems it is something that would be found in history (and probably is). A reform getting rid of old works of art because they do not "suit" the time era. Imagine what that would do to artists who created that stuff! It's very interesting how they incorporated the Hikaris into all of this and made a fantasy world seem real! The end was put together with just as much care as the rest of the series was as well! Satoshi's near death experience, the true art work that is Dark and Krad, all come together. For so long in the series you are kept in the dark about what is truely going on that you feel what the characters feel when they find out what the true meaning behind it all is. You understand where the character is comming from, no matter which emotion they show. As a viewer, you begin to almost feel what the character is feeling! Wonderful! The TV show and the manga series are two different things. If you compare them, you're more than likely going to hate one. So why not just enjoy both as two completely seperate things. This way, you get more adventures form the wonderful DN Angel series!
  • wow i love this show but i wish it had more episodes .....

well this show about a kid who has the phantom thief living inside him and he steal artwork stuff like that it has lots of drama that keeps you watching it and for girls there a lot of love going on so i think all people should watch it if you love cartoons you will love this but i wish the show would more then one season too this show is so cool i over all tell me if you agree or not look for my other reivews and this show rocks i give it a 10 out of 10 !!!!!!!
  • About a boy named Dasuke with awsome powers from his DNA?? Wow this IS a great show.

I love this show however the magna is even better than this. =( This is just my OPINION so go ahead and disagree with me anyway. Okay now I have 20 words to go I'l just keep typing until I get 50 words okay okay wait i'm not done okay DONE!!!
  • A thief that steals demonic art works, and his host's girlfriend!

This show was recommended to me by Vic, who voices the lead character, Dark Mousy. I am so glad I took his advice and checked it out. This show is the best I've ever seen, so far. ADV is probably the best Dub company out there. Funimation is good, but they don't present shows like DNAngel. ^^ This is one of those shows.

Dark's slick humor, and sexiness is great! I love the different relationships between the characters, and the development as the series goes on is incredible. Everyone should enjoy this show. It's got comedy, drama, and magic. It's perfectly.
  • awsume show!

this show is only on dvd but its really cool.So if you havent seen it you should look at the store for it.the animation is really good the characters are ok,and the voice overs are really goodand well it doesnt really have a story but this kid has a theife named dark inside of him so he trans forms into him when he sees his true love,so he keeps a picture of well his lover :).and when his grand father wants him to steel something he looks at the picture.there is also a nother kid that has light inside of him so well i better not give anything away :).
  • I liked the manga better

6.8
    Not only did I have a problem with the voice actors (quite frankly they creeped me out) but I hated Risa even more. I'm willing to admit that I read the manga first and usually I like what comes to me first. First off in the manga Dark took stuff because he felt like it in the show he stole it because there was something wrong with it or it was dangerous. I ask you, what's wrong with stealing something because you feel like it? I feel that doing certain things for the wrong reasons and that you don't have an excuse for it lying in your childhood makes things more interesting and lifelike. Not saying I didn't like DNAngel I thought it was pretty good and I liked Hio who made Daisuke so darn uncomfortable (and blush like the girly man he was(f.y.i. I like Daisuke)) but it didn't reach the high standards I gave it after I read the manga.
  • Dnangel is one the best anime to come out of a japanese brain, too bad it's incrediblily short.

Concept: 10
    Animation: 10
    Voice acting: 10
    Lasting: 5
    Fun to Watch: 10

Anime are usally hevily loaded on the action, with some romance inbetween, it's a rare occasion to find a core love stroy, and one that works at the same time. Dnangel is a core love stroy, one that works as well. But the turth is, Dnangel is one the best anime to come out of a japanese brain.

Daisuke Niwa, your everyday normal teenager, life changed one day on his 14th birthday. Rejected by his love, Risa Harada, was just the reason why. Handling a rejection on your birthday is hard enough, but because of a certain DNA reaction, he turns into the legendary Phantom Thief, Dark every time he thinks of his love!

• Its about a boy named Daisuke that shares his body with the legendary phantom thief Dark.Whenever he has felings for the person he likes he transforms.He likes Risa harada but she likes Dark.If she doesnt return his feelings he cant stop transforming.

This show is pretty good,but its different from the manga, they changed many things and didn't add some.Nonetheless its still pretty good to watch and I would suggest you to watch it if you havent read the manga,but still buy the manga cause its awesome.Although something that was weird was that they made satoshi look gay,even though when I read it i suspected he was bi,but in the anime you think he might be gay,anyways ignore my babbling and enjoy the show.
  • daisuke niwa is just an average 14-year old until he learns of his families gene. in order to cure him of this "condition" daisuke must make his first love come to fruition. but when he falls in love with the girl dark is in love with, what happens then?

this is a really great anime. i got hooked just from the first couple of chapters, i mean come on, how many anime can do that. this is a really great anime to watch or to read the manga of, whichever fits a person best. i absolutely love this series.
< 1 2