DNAngel

(ended 2003)

DJSagittarius

DNAngel Fan Reviews (54)

• It's a hopeless romantic's best friend...with angels!

I lIked it a lot. I found it pretty interesting. I don\'t know about you people though... I really like the plot and stuff. I guess I am a hopeless romantic. Well, whatever... I\'m just trying to take up space. Who freakin\' wants to make every single review 50 words long. Oh, well... It can\'t be helped. Anyways I think you guys should watch this show.
  • DNAngel... every anime lover should have this anime on their shelf...

Hmm... DNAngel... this is probably one of my favorite anime series out there. No wait... my favorite out there. I love this series so much, that if they made a second season, I'll jump all over the DVD. Seriously, go out and watch this show. You laugh, you cry, you'll be 'this is really good.' There are moments that you want to cry, moments you want to say... 'continue, continue!' You know these moments when they come to you. So what are you doing reading this review? Go out, and watch this amazing, super, awesome, cute, wicked, and all those other fantastic words; show! You won't regret it!
  • Stunning art, scenic landscapes, loveable characters...it's definitely a classic all the way. While the plot varies quite a bit from its original manga, it still manages to hold its own as a tragically hysterical lover's story.

Stunning art, scenic landscapes, loveable characters...it's definitely a classic all the way. While the plot varies quite a bit from its original manga, it still manages to hold its own as a tragically hysterical lover's story. A lot of us can relate to young Daisuke's pursuit of happiness and the love of his sacred maiden, I know I can, that is what drew me to love this story in all its forms. It's stunning and imaginative, leaving you feeling all a flutter and wanting more. The one thing I really like about it is the secret plot twists it throws at you along the way: Who does Daisuke really love? Who's evil, Dark or Krad? Who will survive? Who knows! A must see and a never miss, each episode leaves you with something to build on as you unravel the desires and fates of this anime's characters. Overall it's a rounded show with great art and equally great actors bringing your favorite characters to life and fulfilling your greatest desires (like hearing Dark speak, my gosh...XD).
  • po-ittnmunm9p-679 po7ugp668 ioum7gm pg

DNAngel... is a must have!If you like romatic, loving,but sad shows this is it.If you haven\\\'t seen it you need to becasue it wonderful!I hope that they make a second season. I may be on the tenth show but i know its good. So if you haven\\\'y seen it you need to!

• basically the show untimately confuses me.

7.7
    DNANGEL is an awesome show i will give it that much! But it is a little bit confusing to me. When i watch a TV show i dont want to think hard to figure things out. But i will say its a good show! I am currently watching anime nonstop hehe.
  • DN Angel is more of a Guilty Pleasure, since this series is very fun to watch

DN Angel is more of a Guilty Pleasure, since this series is very fun to watch

Daisuke Niwa is your typical high school boy, no one special, just your average guy, as he turns 16 he learns about his fate which has been passed down the Niwa famliy timeline, thats right the Niwa males turn into Dark, and become a Phantom theif

Daisuke often gets into battles with his freind Hiwatari of whom turns into Krad, the white winged Angel

at first Niwa is told that to become normal again he must get his sacred maiden, the one of whom he loves which at the time was Risa Harada, but things arent always as they seem, with Daisuke realising who he really loves, that being Miss Riku

the series itself has a good start as the plot begins to unravel properly around episode envolving the second hand of time

the rest of the episodes mearly shows Daisukes feelings for Riku and at first Risa, and a backstory of the phantom theifs, and the Niwa lineage

great series though
  • d.n.angel is the best i love it is so vool i think dont youm you do reply or something k you better k its the best dark is ssoooc ool but my favorite chaarateor is riku cause shes cooooooooool! she the coolest dont yay think i do yay know!

d.n.angel rules!!!!!!!!!!!! dont yay think coolish man im just put ing stuff i could oput letters or something i like all animes exsept one s that are to old for me hey if tour reading this could you to me im really biard k i luv anime k k byeeeeeee
  • Daiske is just your avereage boy until he turns into the legendary phantom theif dark mousey. I wont spoil anymore.

All I can say and I think its the highest praise I can give a T.V. show is that I found it very fun to watch. Its charactors were fun and the plot was very interesting, plus the scenery and background music were great. A must watch for anime fans.
  • Vic got me to watch this show. I owe him for it!! Big time!

I got started watching this how all because of Vic Mignona, the voice actor for Dark Mousy in the ADVision dub. He asked me what kind of anime I liked, and I told him, and then he reccomended this and a couple of others. I can safely say that the majority of the anime I watch now was reccomended to me by Vic himself.

DNAngel's appeal to me is the love trigangle, and the fact that Dark Mousy is very very hot!! I wouldn't mind marrying him if he was a real person.

DNAngel is a comedy, action, bishie fest, that should be checked out by anyone who likes any of the three or all three categories.
  • Daisuke Niwa is an ordinary Middle School student. On his 14th birthday he attempts to give his crush Risa a love letter but right before she says he is a good friend. Heartbroken, Daisuke thinks about Risa later that day but he turnes into a legendary ph

I really like this series. I only watch 5 minutes of it at a friend's house and I was really hooked. It has humour, romance, and fantasy mixed in. This series is original and I think many people can become really attached to this show. All the characters have a unique personality and they have special roles.
  • Absolutly fabouluous is all you nead to know about D.N. Angel for now. NOT this is the best anime outhere GO Wathch it NOW. It's that good.

You have to see it. It fill all of your demands in an anime. It has action, love, comedy, and much more you have to wach. It roocks.
  • On his 14th birthday Daisuke Niwa goes though a major change! You may say he is a different person! He becomes the Phantom Thief Dark! How he becomes Dark has to do with his feeling for his love one.But the one he loves, loves his other self!

This series the best you can get! Love,Action,Adventure,Drama,Mystery,School Drama, it's got it all!When Light can be Darkness, and Darkness is the Light.Good vs Evil! The tie between the two families! Krad vs Dark! So run to your nearest viedo store suncoast, best buy,& pick up a copy of DNAngel today!
  • Love it

I love this anime its a pity is is not yet out on NZ tv and by the looks of it other countries tv as well. The 2nd dvd has just come and so as soon as I get paid I'm going down to Gamesman! woo woo! Anyway this anime is wonderful it can double as a kids cartoon as well as a teenage favourite as well. This anime has the potental to be as great as Cardcaptors.
  • It's a good show, but it gets very repetitive after only a few episodes.

Wow... this is a great show. Somehow, they've made a twist on the mahou shoujo chiches- the main character is a boy (Daisuke) who actually has an alter ego that has a mind of his own.

The first 5 or so get a perfect ten. But then it starts to get a little repetitive. There's always a cute miniplot, but in every one Dark has to steal something, and everyone makes a big deal about it, yadda yadda yadda.

If I had a chance to be the director of a new completely remade version, I'd change it a little so every other episode isn't just a filler. But I can't, so I'll just give it an 8 and be done with that.
  • one of the best shows ever!!!!!!!

i think this show is great with all the charaters and such.if you ask me i encouge you to watch this show. i think this is one of the best animes of it time. some shows just go knowhere but this show all way end up with a reasonable result
  • What makes an anime terrible? Well, add everything that comes to mind together, and this would win the crown.

2.8
    This show is beautiful to look at, and thats about the only good thing.
    This is the worst manga adaptation I've ever seen! Absolutely horrific! The dubbing is terrible, the stories are patchy and it doesn't stay true to its roots. Glomping my D.N.Angel book, I laugh at this anime when it really isn't supposed to be funny. The manga is about five hundred miles better than this. Terrible AVOID!
  • Daisuke Niwa, 14 year old student, has a crush on one of the most popular girls in school, and harbors a famous art thief. Wait, what? What makes this series so great is the creativity of the storyline, so Daisuke must go on, hoping not to be caught as Da

What really makes this series wonderful is it's characters. They are so developed and there seems to be something more to all of them. Personal favorite, Satoshi Hiwatari who I personally think has the most mysteries. The anime is wonderful. You can relate to the characters and some of the situations. The anime is a good mix of humor, romance, and action. One of the few animes I am buying on dvd. Though it's not very close to the manga, it still is enjoyable. The storyline captures your attention, because in some ways you've been in this situation before. You've had a crush on someone popular, you've had a terrible secret to hide. You might not have a homicidal angel in you out to kill your only friend, or harbor a great art theif who doesn't stop talking in your head, but some situations we all relate to, and what we can't is perfect enterainment. DNAngel is what really got me into anime again, and I think it's worth the money.
  • Daisuke Niwa was just an average teenager until his 14th birthday when after being rejected by his love,Risa, a DNA gene in him causes him to turn into the thief Dark anytime he thinks about Risa.Daisuke learns to face challenges and matures as the series

One of the BEST shows ever!!!!!I LOVE the romance in this show and I wish other shows were more like this one.I was hooked from the first episode and i love watching the episodes over and over again on dvd.I recommend this show to anyone who loves mystery,romance,some comedy,action,and adventure.This show is so awesome and it shows characters who have to overcome obstacles and face challenges of growing up and not being afraid to show who you are.I think this show should be on a top 10 anime list i know it is on my top 10 anime list.This show is sort of underappreciated and deserves more fame and credit than it has.
  • Really this is a great show, a MUST WATCH Anime.

You know why this series is wonderful, it's the characters. They are so developed and there seems to be something more to all of them. Personal favorite is Daisuke, I love his hair. The anime is GREAT. You can relate to the characters and some of the situations. This anime has a good mix of humor, action, and love. One of the few animes I am buying on dvd. The story Grabs your attention by, well, in some ways you've been in this situation before. You've had a crush on someone popular, you've had a terrible secret to hide stuff like that. We all have our inner demons, yours just might not be a homicidal angel in you bent on killing your only friend, or harbor a great art thief who doesn't stop blabbing in your head. Some situations we all relate to and that is perfect entertainment. DNAngel is really one of the best I've seen so far, plus you might be surprised when you hear a familiar voice from FullMetal Alchemist, Ed. Oh yeah Go Vic.
  • I love the show never really read the manga never got the chance to I love the show though. I was pretty glued to the Tv when I saw it. I thought the people who made the show did a good job.

Dnangel is a good show it was pretty cheesy well I think it was. I think other animes are not as good as this one well I do like Pretear that was a good one also. There are all kinds of anime out there which is good you know. I think they did well on this one but I heard from a friend that the manga was better. Well yeah most manga are better then the anime. I think they should make a new season if they can. Not just ending but have another plot to it. I never saw the last episodes but I sometimes got fed up because they just had the same thing going on and on. It was pretty good and cool and awsome at the same time.
  • well its about a 14 year old boy who evetually finds gimself to have the powers of Dark a theif and angel.

I love this show although I have never actually seen the anime Iv\'e read it. Its soo cool. Its a action packed anime with some comedy thrown here and there. It also deals with srtuggling romance and mixed emotions. I found out about it by a anime music video a friend had put together, and I instantly fell in love. I would totally recomend it.^o^
  • It's a great, emotional show!

What really got me into the anime DNAngel was the manga (comic book version) of DNAngel. I have to admit, the comic version is much better. But the anime has its good qualities, too! It is so well at displaying emotion, and Dark's voice makes me wanna drool (perfect for the part, I tell ya!). The storyline could be better explained at some points, but its definitely got action, screwed-up romance, and fantasy!! Oh, when I say screwed-up romance...I MEAN IT! The show is a huge bundle of loving emotions, all directed at the wrong people. That makes the show all the more suspenseful and likeable, I guess. Heh.
  • An excellent blend of action, fantasy, drama, and romance! DN Angel is a series that will leave you breathless with animated visual effects, excellent voice acting (Japanese original language), and 2 great songs performed by Miyamoto Shunichi-san.

Right off the bat from the first episode, we are drawn into the fantastic world of Daisuke Niwa. A normal 13 year old boy, trying to grow into a normal way of living (becoming \"cool\", confessing his love for Harada Risa-san, he finds himself drawn into the world of magic and mystery as he turns 14 and finds himself transforming into the legendary Phantom Thief Dark Mousy.

I was honestly surprised by how well-developed this series was. The plotlines are solid, and each episode is practically linked directly to the next. The action sequences are superbly done, there are very few noticable repeated frames, and the usage of CGI elements didn\'t harm the animation one bit. The US voice casting includes known names in the anime world as Greg Ayres and Vic Mignogna(Fullmetal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, etc), and some voices have been relatively well done. The voice actresses for Riku and Risa Don\'t do their characters justice, as it seems they were forced to increase the pitch of their voices to almost infantile ranges. It\'s partly due to this that I had to lower the rating slightly. Also another part that could have been added was more background music, as I noticed some tracks in the episodes were simply piano versions of the Miyamoto song \"Michishirubi\".

Drama is also a key point to this story, as many of the artifacts Dark Mousy / Daisuke Niwa have to \"recover\" and purify have such deep and tragic stories to them, you can help but cry along with Daisuke as he struggles to keep his emotions at bay. Needless to say, a few episodes (which also happen to include two of my favorite Shunichi Miyamoto songs : Caged Bird (Freedert cycle) and Michishirubi (Final Episode)) will leave you grabbing for some tissues.

Overall, this anime will leave you wanting see the episodes one after the other, and then repeat the whole experience. If you wish to truly appreciate the show to its\' fullest, try watching the American dubbed version first (available on Anime Network On Demand), and then buying the complete DVD set in its original Japanese language with English subtitles. ^_^
  • This is awesome!! May not be #1 on my list, but its far up there!! Ya gotta see it!!

D.N.Angel tells a story of a boy whose life was changed of heartbroken and his 14th B-day. After being rejected from his lifetime love, Daisuke Niwa is changed when something like his alter ego surfaces...Now Daisuke must become part of the Phantom Theif's work, while also trying to work out his feelings of love...
  • daisuke niwa is just an average 14-year old until he learns of his families gene. in order to cure him of this "condition" daisuke must make his first love come to fruition. but when he falls in love with the girl dark is in love with, what happens then?

this is a really great anime. i got hooked just from the first couple of chapters, i mean come on, how many anime can do that. this is a really great anime to watch or to read the manga of, whichever fits a person best. i absolutely love this series.
  • Its about a boy named Daisuke that shares his body with the legendary phantom thief Dark.Whenever he has felings for the person he likes he transforms.He likes Risa harada but she likes Dark.If she doesnt return his feelings he cant stop transforming.

This show is pretty good,but its different from the manga, they changed many things and didn't add some.Nonetheless its still pretty good to watch and I would suggest you to watch it if you havent read the manga,but still buy the manga cause its awesome.Although something that was weird was that they made satoshi look gay,even though when I read it i suspected he was bi,but in the anime you think he might be gay,anyways ignore my babbling and enjoy the show.
  • Dnangel is one the best anime to come out of a japanese brain, too bad it's incrediblily short.

Concept: 10
    Animation: 10
    Voice acting: 10
    Lasting: 5
    Fun to Watch: 10

Anime are usally hevily loaded on the action, with some romance inbetween, it's a rare occasion to find a core love stroy, and one that works at the same time. Dnangel is a core love stroy, one that works as well. But the turth is, Dnangel is one the best anime to come out of a japanese brain.

Daisuke Niwa, your everyday normal teenager, life changed one day on his 14th birthday. Rejected by his love, Risa Harada, was just the reason why. Handling a rejection on your birthday is hard enough, but because of a certain DNA reaction, he turns into the legendary Phantom Thief, Dark every time he thinks of his love!

• I liked the manga better

6.8
    Not only did I have a problem with the voice actors (quite frankly they creeped me out) but I hated Risa even more. I'm willing to admit that I read the manga first and usually I like what comes to me first. First off in the manga Dark took stuff because he felt like it in the show he stole it because there was something wrong with it or it was dangerous. I ask you, what's wrong with stealing something because you feel like it? I feel that doing certain things for the wrong reasons and that you don't have an excuse for it lying in your childhood makes things more interesting and lifelike. Not saying I didn't like DNAngel I thought it was pretty good and I liked Hio who made Daisuke so darn uncomfortable (and blush like the girly man he was(f.y.i. I like Daisuke)) but it didn't reach the high standards I gave it after I read the manga.
  • awsume show!

this show is only on dvd but its really cool.So if you havent seen it you should look at the store for it.the animation is really good the characters are ok,and the voice overs are really goodand well it doesnt really have a story but this kid has a theife named dark inside of him so he trans forms into him when he sees his true love,so he keeps a picture of well his lover :).and when his grand father wants him to steel something he looks at the picture.there is also a nother kid that has light inside of him so well i better not give anything away :).
  • A thief that steals demonic art works, and his host's girlfriend!

This show was recommended to me by Vic, who voices the lead character, Dark Mousy. I am so glad I took his advice and checked it out. This show is the best I've ever seen, so far. ADV is probably the best Dub company out there. Funimation is good, but they don't present shows like DNAngel. ^^ This is one of those shows.

Dark's slick humor, and sexiness is great! I love the different relationships between the characters, and the development as the series goes on is incredible. Everyone should enjoy this show. It's got comedy, drama, and magic. It's perfectly.
< 1 2