DNAngel

(ended 2003)

DJSagittarius

DNAngel Fan Reviews (54)

• one of the best shows ever!!!!!!!

i think this show is great with all the charaters and such.if you ask me i encouge you to watch this show. i think this is one of the best animes of it time. some shows just go knowhere but this show all way end up with a reasonable result
  • On his 14th birthday Daisuke Niwa goes though a major change! You may say he is a different person! He becomes the Phantom Thief Dark! How he becomes Dark has to do with his feeling for his love one.But the one he loves, loves his other self!

This series the best you can get! Love,Action,Adventure,Drama,Mystery,School Drama, it's got it all!When Light can be Darkness, and Darkness is the Light.Good vs Evil! The tie between the two families! Krad vs Dark! So run to your nearest viedo store suncoast, best buy,& pick up a copy of DNAngel today!
  • I did enjoy this show, even though the concept of the show is a little farfetched.

This is a very good show to me. I really liked the characters, music, and some of the humor. I also think that the whole concept of this show is a little farfetched. Daisuke transforming into Dark while confessing his love to Risa? This may sound weird, but it did not stop me from enjoying this show. The phrase that keeps me alive today without any remorse by Freedert is slowing calming my depression. I cannot remember the phrase, because I have not seen this show in 2 years. But really, the dialog in this show will keep you wanting more. There are many happy, sad, and exotic moments in this show. The music in this show is awesome! It can get sad, so beware. Overall, great show with: cute, lovable characters, very uptight music, and great dialog. Watch this show if your day is going south!
  • Absolutly fabouluous is all you nead to know about D.N. Angel for now. NOT this is the best anime outhere GO Wathch it NOW. It's that good.

You have to see it. It fill all of your demands in an anime. It has action, love, comedy, and much more you have to wach. It roocks.
  • Vic got me to watch this show. I owe him for it!! Big time!

I got started watching this how all because of Vic Mignona, the voice actor for Dark Mousy in the ADVision dub. He asked me what kind of anime I liked, and I told him, and then he reccomended this and a couple of others. I can safely say that the majority of the anime I watch now was reccomended to me by Vic himself.

DNAngel's appeal to me is the love trigangle, and the fact that Dark Mousy is very very hot!! I wouldn't mind marrying him if he was a real person.

DNAngel is a comedy, action, bishie fest, that should be checked out by anyone who likes any of the three or all three categories.
  • Daisuke Niwa.

Daisuke Niwa, your normal modern day teenager, He gose to school, has a mom, dad, and grandpa,He hangs with friends, falls in love, perrty normal...right? well he was intill his his 14th birthday. Rejected by his love, Risa Harada was just the start of a not so good day. Handling a rejection on your birthday is hard enough, but because of a certain DNA reaction; he turns into the legendary Phantom Thief, Dark Mousy every time he thinks of his love!

To make matters worse, Dark, 'stole' Risa's heart, when Risa first saw Dark on TV. And, he stole Risa's older twin sister, Riku, first kiss! His friend, Satoshi is after Daisuke's alter-ego, and Daisuke can't have normal talks with Risa like he used to, every time he sees her his heart pounds and he begains to change into dark. but with school and being a thief at the same time well, They just don't call him a Phantom Thief for nothing.

How to rid the condition? Daisuke has to have his confession of love returned...wait... rode block... one problem. If Daisuke keeps changing into Dark when ever he thinks of Risa Harada...or even if he's sround her. how can he spend time with her to get her to like him... is it even possible for Daisuke to ever turn back to normal?

and if thing arn't twisted enouf... Risa, starts to like daisuke after she see's he starts to like her older sister Riku. dose daisuke really love riku? and wait waz with satishi, and dose he know daisuke's seceret?!?!

Profils:

Dark Mousy: the Thantom Thief. Daisuke Niwa: a 14 year old boy. WHo dark just happends to live in.

Riku Harada: The older Twin or risa. the tomboy

Risa Harada: the younger Twin to riku, the girly girl she also loves dark.

satishi: A class mate to daisuke, Risa, and Riku. he also seeks dark's capture.

Krad: the evil side of dark i guess is the best way to put it. he also lives in well... you'll find out.^^
  • Daisuke Niwa has been trained since he was little, he didn't know for what until his 14th birthday. That day, he discovered that he has an alter ego that has been in his family for over 400 years and was the phantom thief, Dark (who is a pervert).

This anime was fun and easy to watch. It was also a cute little love story. which was funny how Daisuke fell in love with the twins each of them. daisuke is my favorite character because he his cute and clumsy but can does the right thing. My second favorite character is Dark who is so funny and perverted but actually cares deeply about Daisuke and the twins. Also i've always found With/Wiz so adorable. He is my favorite flying rabit thingy. Though Satoshi does sometimes seem gay i think he actually more cares about daisuke as a friend than lover. I've watched this series plenty of times and loved it each time though i do think it could have a better ending. though the anime wasn't as good as the manga so i'll have to give it a 9.2.
  • Daisuke Niwa is a 14 year-old-boy who has a special genetic ability: Whenever he sees or thinks about his crush, Risa Harada, he turns into the infamous phantom thief Dark.

This show was pretty great!I love Daisuke he is just so kind and sweet.I watched the dub version and i liked the voice actor who did Daisuke and i also like Vic Mignogna as Dark i already heard him as Edward Elric and i think that Dark and Ed sound a bit alike,but that's okay. I think what i liked the most about DN Angel was the romance,at first Daisuke likes Risa but then after Dark "dates" Risa Daisuke realizes he has feelings for Riku (Risa's twin sister. I loved when Daisuke and Riku confess their fellings in episode 14 that was cut. I also liked how the end was a happy ending :)unlike FMA. :(
  • On his 14th birthday, Daisuke Niwa turns into the legendary phantom theif, Dark! Daisuke only wishes to lead a normal life, but the only way he can push Dark aside is to get Risa to love him. But she loves Dark! Watch this thrilling tale unfold in DNAngel

DN Angel is an extraordinary show with a unique play on the idea of works of art comming to life! The creaters of the show did a wonderful job of placing the pieces together leading to a very dramatic ending. The relationship between the Niwa and Hikari clan with Satoshi and Daisuke has been nicely formed as well. The cold Satoshi who doesn't have time for girls or any friends at all, yet approaches Daisuke, the cluzty dork who has fallen head over heals for Risa Harada who has no desire to be with him. When you incorporate Dark and Krad into all of this highschool nonsense, things go chaotic! A fight in the meat locker between two halves of the same piece of art, now there's something you don't see every day! I also love what they did with the cultural reform and the works of art. I'm no historian, but it seems it is something that would be found in history (and probably is). A reform getting rid of old works of art because they do not "suit" the time era. Imagine what that would do to artists who created that stuff! It's very interesting how they incorporated the Hikaris into all of this and made a fantasy world seem real! The end was put together with just as much care as the rest of the series was as well! Satoshi's near death experience, the true art work that is Dark and Krad, all come together. For so long in the series you are kept in the dark about what is truely going on that you feel what the characters feel when they find out what the true meaning behind it all is. You understand where the character is comming from, no matter which emotion they show. As a viewer, you begin to almost feel what the character is feeling! Wonderful! The TV show and the manga series are two different things. If you compare them, you're more than likely going to hate one. So why not just enjoy both as two completely seperate things. This way, you get more adventures form the wonderful DN Angel series!
  • A thief that steals demonic art works, and his host's girlfriend!

This show was recommended to me by Vic, who voices the lead character, Dark Mousy. I am so glad I took his advice and checked it out. This show is the best I've ever seen, so far. ADV is probably the best Dub company out there. Funimation is good, but they don't present shows like DNAngel. ^^ This is one of those shows.

Dark's slick humor, and sexiness is great! I love the different relationships between the characters, and the development as the series goes on is incredible. Everyone should enjoy this show. It's got comedy, drama, and magic. It's perfectly.
  • Daisuke Niwa, 14 year old student, has a crush on one of the most popular girls in school, and harbors a famous art thief. Wait, what? What makes this series so great is the creativity of the storyline, so Daisuke must go on, hoping not to be caught as Da

What really makes this series wonderful is it's characters. They are so developed and there seems to be something more to all of them. Personal favorite, Satoshi Hiwatari who I personally think has the most mysteries. The anime is wonderful. You can relate to the characters and some of the situations. The anime is a good mix of humor, romance, and action. One of the few animes I am buying on dvd. Though it's not very close to the manga, it still is enjoyable. The storyline captures your attention, because in some ways you've been in this situation before. You've had a crush on someone popular, you've had a terrible secret to hide. You might not have a homicidal angel in you out to kill your only friend, or harbor a great art theif who doesn't stop talking in your head, but some situations we all relate to, and what we can't is perfect enterainment. DNAngel is what really got me into anime again, and I think it's worth the money.
  • Daisuke Niwa is an ordinary Middle School student. On his 14th birthday he attempts to give his crush Risa a love letter but right before she says he is a good friend. Heartbroken, Daisuke thinks about Risa later that day but he turnes into a legendary ph

I really like this series. I only watch 5 minutes of it at a friend's house and I was really hooked. It has humour, romance, and fantasy mixed in. This series is original and I think many people can become really attached to this show. All the characters have a unique personality and they have special roles.
  • Daiske is just your avereage boy until he turns into the legendary phantom theif dark mousey. I wont spoil anymore.

All I can say and I think its the highest praise I can give a T.V. show is that I found it very fun to watch. Its charactors were fun and the plot was very interesting, plus the scenery and background music were great. A must watch for anime fans.
  • d.n.angel is the best i love it is so vool i think dont youm you do reply or something k you better k its the best dark is ssoooc ool but my favorite chaarateor is riku cause shes cooooooooool! she the coolest dont yay think i do yay know!

d.n.angel rules!!!!!!!!!!!! dont yay think coolish man im just put ing stuff i could oput letters or something i like all animes exsept one s that are to old for me hey if tour reading this could you to me im really biard k i luv anime k k byeeeeeee
  • DNAngel... every anime lover should have this anime on their shelf...

Hmm... DNAngel... this is probably one of my favorite anime series out there. No wait... my favorite out there. I love this series so much, that if they made a second season, I'll jump all over the DVD. Seriously, go out and watch this show. You laugh, you cry, you'll be 'this is really good.' There are moments that you want to cry, moments you want to say... 'continue, continue!' You know these moments when they come to you. So what are you doing reading this review? Go out, and watch this amazing, super, awesome, cute, wicked, and all those other fantastic words; show! You won't regret it!
  • A love interest which brings about a blessing and a curse for Daisuke Niwa.

A simple crush turned into the search for a Sacred Maiden. Time and a gain Niwa transforms into the Phantom thief Dark. The catalyst to this transformation is love, unrequited. To truly release himself from Dark he must find his Sacred Maiden, the women he is meant to be with, love her and receive her love in return. However it is not as simple as Niwa would like it to be. Dark and Niwa steal pieces of art work that need to be sealed, their magic power must be controlled, so that a great evil will not be re-released into this world. As the story progresses Niwa finds that his feelings start to waver from Risa, who he thought was his Sacred Maiden, and start to grow towards Riku, a girl he has just started to notice and care for. Beyond the love story, there is also the story of the friendship between Dark and Niwa. When the two first met they bumped heads all the time however as time progresses they become more and more of a team almost to the point of brotherhood. This is a spectacular series worth the watch and worth knowing the storyline. I am impressed by the character development, the rich art filled world, and the musical score. All in all this is awesome and you should watch it!
  • Love it

I love this anime its a pity is is not yet out on NZ tv and by the looks of it other countries tv as well. The 2nd dvd has just come and so as soon as I get paid I'm going down to Gamesman! woo woo! Anyway this anime is wonderful it can double as a kids cartoon as well as a teenage favourite as well. This anime has the potental to be as great as Cardcaptors.
  • Stunning art, scenic landscapes, loveable characters...it's definitely a classic all the way. While the plot varies quite a bit from its original manga, it still manages to hold its own as a tragically hysterical lover's story.

Stunning art, scenic landscapes, loveable characters...it's definitely a classic all the way. While the plot varies quite a bit from its original manga, it still manages to hold its own as a tragically hysterical lover's story. A lot of us can relate to young Daisuke's pursuit of happiness and the love of his sacred maiden, I know I can, that is what drew me to love this story in all its forms. It's stunning and imaginative, leaving you feeling all a flutter and wanting more. The one thing I really like about it is the secret plot twists it throws at you along the way: Who does Daisuke really love? Who's evil, Dark or Krad? Who will survive? Who knows! A must see and a never miss, each episode leaves you with something to build on as you unravel the desires and fates of this anime's characters. Overall it's a rounded show with great art and equally great actors bringing your favorite characters to life and fulfilling your greatest desires (like hearing Dark speak, my gosh...XD).
  • DN Angel is more of a Guilty Pleasure, since this series is very fun to watch

DN Angel is more of a Guilty Pleasure, since this series is very fun to watch

Daisuke Niwa is your typical high school boy, no one special, just your average guy, as he turns 16 he learns about his fate which has been passed down the Niwa famliy timeline, thats right the Niwa males turn into Dark, and become a Phantom theif

Daisuke often gets into battles with his freind Hiwatari of whom turns into Krad, the white winged Angel

at first Niwa is told that to become normal again he must get his sacred maiden, the one of whom he loves which at the time was Risa Harada, but things arent always as they seem, with Daisuke realising who he really loves, that being Miss Riku

the series itself has a good start as the plot begins to unravel properly around episode envolving the second hand of time

the rest of the episodes mearly shows Daisukes feelings for Riku and at first Risa, and a backstory of the phantom theifs, and the Niwa lineage

great series though
  • this show about a strange boy and a pair of twins....interesting in the way things are handeled

dn angel a very vauge anime in the beggining you dont really dont know whats going on but later on as miss niwa explains whats happening it comes together that a seemingly innocent child has a splinter cell dna which turns him into a theif?? what a strange thing and the only way to cure it is to have your love returned?? if that is true the anime would of ended a long time ago because riku and daiske liked each other for awhile it was mutual but yet they never said it but knew so dark should of disapperd during the vacation at the beach when daiske confessed his feelings besides that it was a top notch anime very interesing and unique
  • an impressive show!

Like with a lot of TV Shows, I first discovered this while channel surfing and decided to give the show a try. From that moment onwards, I become hooked on the show. A lot of people say that it isn't possible for this show to be enjoyable simply because the plotline is just too far-fetched. Those people couldn't be more wrong. I mean, yeah, the plotline is a lil far-fetched but that doesn't ruin the show one bit. And on that note I would like to say that the show effortlessly blends Humour, Action and Drama and that the romance doesn't ruin the show at all. If anything it makes the show even more enjoyable. In short, DN Angel is a highly enjoyable anime series that I recommend to everyone.
  • It's a good show, but it gets very repetitive after only a few episodes.

Wow... this is a great show. Somehow, they've made a twist on the mahou shoujo chiches- the main character is a boy (Daisuke) who actually has an alter ego that has a mind of his own.

The first 5 or so get a perfect ten. But then it starts to get a little repetitive. There's always a cute miniplot, but in every one Dark has to steal something, and everyone makes a big deal about it, yadda yadda yadda.

If I had a chance to be the director of a new completely remade version, I'd change it a little so every other episode isn't just a filler. But I can't, so I'll just give it an 8 and be done with that.
  • Daisuke finds out that he is the Phantom Thief, Dark, and he must steal cursed pieces of art to seal away the evil. Overall I was disappointed with 'DNAngel.'

7.1
    The premise sounded good (apparently the manga is way better, but I'm not here to talk about that) but in the end, there wasn't much of an overall plot, most of the episodes seem to be the stand-alone type episodes without having much to do with things in the end. Dark needs to steal something, Daisuke and Dark have conflicting feelings of love involving the twins, sometimes Krad shows up; pretty much the same thing in each episode.

This doesn't stop there from being deep, touching episodes though. A few are actually really good but I just wish there had been more of a connection between each episode. I actually got a little lost towards the end when they had a few episodes actually working together because I wasn't really expecting it.

The last two episodes are pretty good too (probably the best in the series) but, as a whole, the series could have been better if they had put things together to tell a bigger story connecting the events of each episode.
  • A strange but actually surprisingly good little show.

The plot... such as it is, centres around a 14 year old boy named Daisuke Niwa who's family has a terrible secret. The men in his family transform into the legendary Phantom Thief; Dark Mousy whenever they are confronted with unrequited love. Daisuke must now deal with the life of a thief, the twin girls, one of whom he is in love with and one of whom is in love with Dark and the fact that his best friend is trying to capture Dark.

This an odd little anime with a strange plotline and some very bizzare characters. However, it is quite funny and has some decent moments which set it apart from the average show.
  • I liked the manga better

6.8
    Not only did I have a problem with the voice actors (quite frankly they creeped me out) but I hated Risa even more. I'm willing to admit that I read the manga first and usually I like what comes to me first. First off in the manga Dark took stuff because he felt like it in the show he stole it because there was something wrong with it or it was dangerous. I ask you, what's wrong with stealing something because you feel like it? I feel that doing certain things for the wrong reasons and that you don't have an excuse for it lying in your childhood makes things more interesting and lifelike. Not saying I didn't like DNAngel I thought it was pretty good and I liked Hio who made Daisuke so darn uncomfortable (and blush like the girly man he was(f.y.i. I like Daisuke)) but it didn't reach the high standards I gave it after I read the manga.
  • A young nice boy who can transform into a magical phantom thief by the power of love. Very nice anime with a mix of fantasy, comedy, and teen romance drama. Very enjoyable anime to watch.

D.N.Angel ROCKS!!! I never get tired of watching this series, especially episode 18. I've always enjoyed the DaiskuexRiku relationship; I'm a sucker for anime romance. Risa, on the other hand, is the ONLY character in the anime that I just can't stand. An anime that includes a fourteen-year-old boy who is a victim in a love triangle with friendly twin sisters that becomes more complex when he can transform into a phantom thief known as Dark Mousy. Interesting indeed. This is one anime series that you just have to watch and enjoy.
  • Anyway risa likes dark the second she see's him and so dark tries to even kiss risa in one episode and daisuke stops him but risa has a sister named riku who secretly likes daisuke.So daisuke and (hottie) DARK fight against evil and stealing anything!!!!

Risa and Riku wow they have the kutest boys to love them but mostly risa's boy i mean man DARK dark protects risa when she is in danger because of his sectetly secret love for her and riku has her man DAISUKE who is so adorable she is lucky cause daisuke protects her and never leaves her side ohhhhh i just love these kute couples but im gonna have to steel dark from daisuke cause he is too kute
    and nobody forget that dark,sasuke,neji,kiba,sesshomaru,inuyasha,koga,oujiro,and zelgadiss are all mine!!!!!!
  • wow i love this show but i wish it had more episodes .....

well this show about a kid who has the phantom thief living inside him and he steal artwork stuff like that it has lots of drama that keeps you watching it and for girls there a lot of love going on so i think all people should watch it if you love cartoons you will love this but i wish the show would more then one season too this show is so cool i over all tell me if you agree or not look for my other reivews and this show rocks i give it a 10 out of 10 !!!!!!!
  • daisuke niwa is just an average 14-year old until he learns of his families gene. in order to cure him of this "condition" daisuke must make his first love come to fruition. but when he falls in love with the girl dark is in love with, what happens then?

this is a really great anime. i got hooked just from the first couple of chapters, i mean come on, how many anime can do that. this is a really great anime to watch or to read the manga of, whichever fits a person best. i absolutely love this series.
  • Daisuke Niwa was just an average teenager until his 14th birthday when after being rejected by his love,Risa, a DNA gene in him causes him to turn into the thief Dark anytime he thinks about Risa.Daisuke learns to face challenges and matures as the series

One of the BEST shows ever!!!!!I LOVE the romance in this show and I wish other shows were more like this one.I was hooked from the first episode and i love watching the episodes over and over again on dvd.I recommend this show to anyone who loves mystery,romance,some comedy,action,and adventure.This show is so awesome and it shows characters who have to overcome obstacles and face challenges of growing up and not being afraid to show who you are.I think this show should be on a top 10 anime list i know it is on my top 10 anime list.This show is sort of underappreciated and deserves more fame and credit than it has.
< 1 2