Do No Harm Forums

Saturday 10:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Pilot Episode Discussion

MaryAnnMc

[1]Jan 14, 2013
    • level: 1

After seeing the first episode on line, I definitely have a "wait and see" attitude. I love the premise, and I really like the characters, but the show is going to have to come together a bit better if it becomes a keeper for me. Here's the problem: in order for this show to be of long term interest, alter-ego bad boy Ian Price needs to have at least some redeeming qualities, just be very different from Dr. Cole. Along these lines, "My Own Worst Enemy" got it right -- one ego was a James Bond clone and the other was a meek and mild family man, but they both had qualities to like about them, and as the show went on, each of them actually learned to successfully pretend to be the other, and grew to have some sympathy for the other's position. I want to see something like that on "Do No Harm." If Ian Price is just a "demon" that Dr. Cole has to deal with, then the show is going to be pretty two dimensional and of limited interest. Let's hope the writers have something better than that in mind, and fully develop both personalities.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scorpgrl

[2]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 1

Just saw this on demand.

The show has some potential, but (and this is a BIG but) there is no way this show can possibly survive if they don't get themselves a medical consultant. There were so many blatantly ridiculous things that it was almost painful to sit through the entire episode!

haldrey

[3]Feb 8, 2013
    • level: 22
    The cast is great, the theme so - so. It does have potential but not as a medical drama, I look at it as a parody of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

zsandmann

[4]Feb 19, 2013
    • level: 5
    Well his name was Dr J Cole.... But its cancelled now after two episodes, no idea if we will ever be able to see the rest of what was filmed.

dif_frent

[5]Feb 22, 2013
    • level: 10

I was just about to ask you about episode 3, because I haven't seen it but seen the grading marks, when I saw the cancellation notice. !?!?!?!?!????? Just after two episodes, and quite promising too??????? Why? Has anyone read anything about the reasons for cancellation?

OdumC

[6]Feb 27, 2013
    • level: 8
    It got dismal numbers according to the write up here on tv,com. I would have liked to have seen the remaining episodes they shot too. it had promise and I enjoyed what little I saw, it needed polishing, sure. but what show didn't at only 2 episodes old?

zsandmann

[7]Aug 25, 2013
    This show got SO much better as it went along I wish they had redone the first few episodes because I am loving it and knowing it is cancelled as they burn off the episodes on the weekend is painful. Sigh.

joetaxpayer

[8]Sep 9, 2013
    • level: 3

Not a spoiler - Having seen the final episode, I'm glad they wrote a finale, and didn't leave things hanging like so many shows cancelled during the first season. Saving Hope, The 9, Flash Forward, too many to count from last few years. Closure, good or bad, is still closure.

Ashja

[9]Sep 11, 2013
    • level: 11

closure? did you see something I don't? SPOILER! the last scene on the 13 ep is dr. with a chip in his hand saying "goodbye jason".. is that it? what a shame.. I love this show, despite some stupid things, and I can't believe they're leaving us hanging like this..

Edited on 09/11/2013 5:44am

KasenStuff

[10]Jan 8, 2014
    joetaxpayer wrote:

Not a spoiler - Having seen the final episode, I'm glad they wrote a finale, and didn't leave things hanging like so many shows cancelled during the first season. Saving Hope, The 9, Flash Forward, too many to count from last few years. Closure, good or bad, is still closure.

Why do you have Saving Hope on that list??? It's still running....