Doc Martin

Monday 9:00 PM on ITV Premiered Sep 02, 2004 Between Seasons

LeMarchand

Doc Martin Fan Reviews (38)

• Wonderful British Understatement

What I like most about this show is that it's hard to say what it is I like. The setting, the characters, and the music come together for the whole. The acting is what acting should be - you're not even aware there is acting, you just feel like the people are real. Mostly I guess it's the whole understated quality of the show ... you're not clobbered over the head with hilariously zany comedy, pulse-pounding action, or overstimulating dramatic turns ... it has a kind a pastoral or peaceful quality to it punctuated with just the right bits of quirky plot and character development to keep it interesting. The whole ambiance is probably what it boils down to most ... a beautiful setting populated with characters you come to really like.
  • Doc Martin is #1!

Doc Martin is wonderful thank-you for making this show. <3 :)
  • Doc needs a Doc (shrink)!

Loved the early Doc him now. No one can possibly be as thick as the writers have made him this season. His wife and child would soften any man's heart and lead to a dawning of heart, humor, and humanity.

They have made a sympathetic character that we had high hopes for into an obnoxious boor. Yuk!

• Doc Martin Season 5 & 6

I loved watching Season 1-4 but Seasons 5 & 6 are very disappointing no magic and charm like in Seasons 1-4. Also, in Port Wenn the real name Port Isaac, they have a local sea chanty group called the Fisherman's Friends that play on the Platt every Friday night, they are big part of this village and quite charming. I don't understand why they are not a part of the show in any way. I hope Season 7 they bring back the magic and charm. I do miss Pauline and Auntie Joan, wish they were still on the show.
  • DISAPPOINTING SEASON 6

I cannot express how disappointed I am with Doc Martin's seasons 5 and 6. I started watching the first season about two months ago and (Feb. 2014) and I thought that it was the best show I had ever watched. It was fun, had nice plots and very interesting characters. Doc Martin was cold and had no social skills whatsoever, but at the same time, he was very charming in his own way. The romance between him and Louisa was so much fun to watch! Each episode made me look forward to their next encounter again. On the last episode of season 4, I was beside myself by the nice way it ended. I kept imagining them living together afterwards in a funny, maybe awkward, but NICE way with the baby. Instead, their relationship became sad and dysfunctional, like in "drama" movies! I know that this could happen in reality, but this is entertainment and could have continued being light and funny as it started.

I just finish watching the last episode of season 6 and became totally upset. I hope that season 7 will make up for the two previous ones and go back to being charming, fun and "romantic", like the beginning!

I wish that the creators and producers of the show would read my review. There is always hope!

• doc martin season 6 is terrible

Doc M was our favorite series ever. Ever! We bought advance dvd of season 6, and it is pathetically bad. Too bad. It was great. I guess writers got too fat and lazy.

• A ZEALOUS FAN

I love this series and all the characters. I am disappointed in Season 6, (I own all the DVDs) because it seems to have lost a magic charm of other seasons. I do not want to have the series to end, especially in this way. Please go back to the way you have been in the past. I love Port Wenn's homes, flowers, shops. and would love to see more of that scenery. Louisa has an edge to her this season, is it because she also acts in DCI Banks and as a hard nosed detective?
  • Doc Martin. Seriously funny series

The series of Doc Martin

Keeps us laughing all the way . A great family time . Bring on more series please ! 10/10 to Martin Cloone!
  • A Great Show

Doc Martin is one of the best television series since As Time Goes By. Series 6 leaves you in a "what's going to happen?" situations. Sincerely hope producers continue with another series. The cast is great and location could not be better. Jim Helms, Winter Haven, FL
  • Super Show

I live in the united state's and there is a lot of TV programs out there,but in all my 47 years there has never been a TV series that has caught my full attention and has kept me interested, until i watched this show.

I have seen all the series and episodes and i hope and pry it never end's.

this is the only show that me and my wife sit's and watches together.
  • One of the best shows of the past 10 years

Doc Martin is what really good television is all about... great writing, the characters "find themselves" and the production team pulls it all together. The editing is particularly good.

Being from an American audience, we are a little bit behind in what is being broadcast, so I can't comment on Series 6. If my curiosity gets the better of me I may have to start viewing it online.

It is my hope that they do not play too much with the characters and/or the production style to the point where the audience wonders "What is happening here? Why are we watching?" From some of the previews I have watched of Series 6, it seems like the producers may have felt a need to "spice" things up. I'm not quite sure that Port Wenn needs too much spice. I prefer it the way it is, more like comfort food.

Doc is certainly difficult to deal with, and of course fairly predictable. But that's why everyone loves him, because we know where he stands each and every time. Quirky, arrogant and obnoxious, we wouldn't have him any other way. Doc and Port Wenn are a vacation, a holiday, to which we are allowed to visit and feel renewed, leaving with a smile on our face. Unrealistic? Perhaps. But if we wanted something different, we wouldn't keep coming back. If Doc Martin starts heading in a different direction, the viewers probably will do likewise. Let's hope not.
  • Can't Win Them All Doc

As a Doc Martin lover and an avid fan off all the series 1-5 (i own them all), Series 6 is somehow falling short of the beauty and symmetry that held together so magnificently and creatively. Suddenly we must have a different director, or is it the continuity people. The shots we all loved of Port Wenn are no longer there. The sense of 'being there' is not an option any longer. It is camera angles and close-ups that get in your face without regard for that 'familiar' feeling of being a fly on the wall.

If i were to count the number of wide angle Port Wenn shots compared to all the other series, it think it would be off by double digits.

And why for pity sake is everyone so grumpy. Dr. Martin has gotten to grumpy the shape of his face has actually changed. And Louisa is a smart woman, why is she portrayed as some sort of idiot in Series 6? She is so grumpy she seems to have left leave of her softness and understanding that we came to love in the other five series. She had some intelligence out of everyone in the village as to what made Martin tick, now she has gone off the deep end and has no patience or understanding. She has become his worst enemy. If there is any compassion and love between them, let's see it. All we see is the hatred, the despair of being together. We watch because we love them as a couple, and yet we have yet to see them as anything but a fighting, incompatible couple. I don't think that's the way it was going - or how we saw it going in sesries 1-5. Reality can't be THAT bad.

They are both intelligent humans, who chose to marry after all, let's see that intelligence show thru in Series 6.
  • perfect

What a great show, funny, realistic, really funny with such a dry sense of humor, I just love it. My 83 yr old mother-in-law absolutely laughed harder than she has in 30 years, so it rates a 10 my book!
  • Is this really a comedy?

We've watched Doc Martin several times and are puzzled that this program is described as a "comedy". It's clear from episode when Doc Martin's parents show up and his mother tells him he's the worse thing that even happened to her that his upbringing was terrible ... small wonder that he turned out to be so incapable of relating socially to anyone! Do Brits ... and others really think this is funny???
  • fantastic show

brilliant acting and believable realistic plots with storylines that could be from real life and a doctor who while not exactly lovable and cuddly is realistic and competent. Most of us have found that in real life doctors are not curmudgeonly unbelievable geniuses like House and I've never met one with a great beside manner. Doc Martin who is efficient and a regular guy is the kind of Doc I wish I could have and the series is really well done - he is the real deal ....
  • Dr Martin

what a brill show,the writers,actors production team .makes great viewing,so it Please keep it running,one of the few decent shows on you all...........
  • Season 6 Scheduled for Fall 2013 in UK! Should be in US a few months later. !!!

This Fall 2012, the ITV Press Centre announced that Doc Martin, is scheduled for a sixth season of eight episodes; filming beginning Spring 2013 with all regular cast members. Accordingly, Doc Martin series 6 will air on ITV in the UK in Fall of 2013. Public Television stations in the US nationwide will likely air series 6, in a year from now around January 2014.
  • Take 2 aspirin and see me in the morning at the surgery! Goodbye!

Just watched the first 5 seasons on Netflix. Loved it! Anybody know when Season 6 will start airing?
  • Great show, great team effort by all

I fell in love with this series. Great acting, excellent writing, a perfect team effort. Truth be told here I am a man in his early 50's somewhat addicted to the show and I found it on netflix years after it started. I truly hope they somehow get some more shows produced!!!
  • HOOKED ON DOC MARTIN AND CAST OF CHARACTERS!!!

My brother with lung Cancer, told my husband and I about Doc Martin series on KCET, we immediately became hooked ....my brother told his doctor about Doc Martin, his doctor and wife were hooked found all seasons on DVD, I found all season 1 thru 5 on Netflex and spent two weekends watching all seasons, my husband, brother and I are hooked ....The best of acting ....great story lines etc. etc, I would like to take my brother before his illness gets worst to Port When really Port Issac....Please, Please bring us Season 6, Doc Martin.....What a Wonderful breath of fresh Air!!! THE BEST ENTERTAINMENT!!!! I have every seen....Loving Fan of all characters... 10 plus rating from me!!!
  • Doc in the house!

I just love this show! Martin Clunes and the rest of the cast are great, there is not a better show on tv. EXCELLENT!
  • ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS EVER!

Love Doc Martin. I can't wait for the new series. Perfect show with perfect actors.
  • Doc Martin and Cast

My wife and I enjoy the show and are looking forward to Season 6.

I have been a family doctor in California for 30 years and can identify

with some of Dr. Martin's patients/cases.

The medical information is very accurate

Thanks for a great show and hopefully more seasons

Charles Sutter, M.D.
  • Doc Martin and the Cast

Your T.V. show is Awesome , love it , can't wait for the new season to start . Sorry to see Aunt Joan leave . What are U going to name the baby ? And are U going to get married ?

• Doc Martin Season 5

I love this show. Will PBS ever show all of the episodes from start to current? I watched last season and was hooked. I also watched William and Mary with Martin Clunes, and it is just as good. Please keep these shows going. I look forward every week to seeing these. One more question, does anyone know why Stephanie Cole was written out of the show? She was hilarious with Tom on Waiting for God. My elderly parents, myself and my young son absolutely loved all of those crazy characters and storylines.
  • Wow What a brillient show the best of the best

This is one of the best shows ever. I look forward to it every week and very very disappointed when it's not on. Please keep the series going..And please don't let your fans down as I said this is the best show on TV.
  • WOW!!! What a GREAT SHOW

We've watched every episode on Netflix - couldn't wait for next one, but restrained ourselves & watch every other day! Totally bummed that we must wait for 2011 Season to be available!
  • pure entertainment

i only watch 1 show a week and doc martin is it . i love the programme . it is pure entertainment for me . it is the best of the best . i can not wait till the next series (6) starts . come on ITV don,t let me or any other fans of this great show down . keep it coming

• What a breath of fresh air!!! Please make a 6th season!!!!!! Nice to be able to sit with my young son and watch a show where 2 minutes into it we aren't having to change the channel due to vulgarity, violence, etc..... WELL DONE!

I have sat and watched the first 4 seasons in a week through a recommended viewing on Netflix. This is a truly enjoyable show!!! Love all the characters so much. This is one that will make you run through all the emotions and leave you wanting more!!! Highly recommended!!! If you love Monk you will love this one too!!!! Was really sad when P.C. Mark didn't come back for another season, but, was pleasantly suprised that the new P.C. was just as funny and cute too!! I love the repeat characters to that come to the Surgery. You always wonder about extra characters and this one keeps them coming back to learn alittle more, and what happened to them. This is a real family show in comparison to what is being put on television these days.
  • One of the greatest shows that my hubby and i can watch together and both enjoy, can't wait for more

Brilliant watching got totally hooked, one of the rare occassions that i spend time on the sofa with hubby to watch something good.I actually cried on the last one and i'm so itching to watch the next so hurry up so i can enjoy more of this wonderful show. I live in America and recieve it by netflix. Really didn't know that it's been going on for 6 years which i have caught up in a matter of 3 weeks.
    I've actually caught myself talking like the locals in the show and my co-workers have also commented with my reply " You have to watch Dr Martin "
< 1 2