Doc Martin

Monday 9:00 PM on ITV Premiered Sep 02, 2004 Between Seasons

LeMarchand

Doc Martin Fan Reviews (48)

• Bought the series,waiting for more

When we started watching Doc Martin on PBS earlier last year we couldn't get enough. So we bought season 1-5 from Amazon and took our time watching them, like savoring our favorite wine. It was a treat indeed. We sipped it very slowly, that's how wonderful this program is. Then we saw that season 6 was available so we rushed to Amazon to get it as well. Little did we know that it was about to come on PBS again. Too late we already own it. So we recorded it anyway. Can't be too careful with missing a Doc Martin episode. Would love to see the community where it is shot some time. Where is season 7?

• Martin, a man I admire.

I am in the December of my life. I just found Doc Martin/Martin Clunes recently. I have done some research on Martin. He is a wonderful, kind, person (regardless of his irascible person on Doc Martin). What a guy! I wish so many people could be like him. My wish is that I could meet him and get a hug before my life's end. I will not make it to PI this year, but I am hoping to make ti to Buckham Fair.
  • So glad they are filming again! Can't wait!!!

We're new to this series and absolutely love it! The stories and characters are very entertaining and fun to watch. Doc Martin is absolutely adorable - a character you can really feel for. Sometimes I wish someone would bap Louisa on the forehead, but we have hope she'll figure out how help him express his heart. Can't wait for the new season. Glad we didn't watch it until now - the drought between the last season and the new one would have killed us! Ha!
  • Every Character is Fantastic!!!

I missed the first time this series was ran but I don't miss a night of it now since I started to watch it. I'm always wondering what Docs going to get himself into. His reactions to different situations he finds himself in are hilarious. His expressions priceless. This is one of those series you can't get enough of and I'm sure I will watch the reruns again and again. Love It!!!
  • Pls continue this series!

We just got Netflix this year and Doc Martin here (here in US) was most highly recommended by our everyone! -- it is a fantastic, good clean show.. We love the quaint village and people, and music. We too sincerely wish the US had shows like this. Please, please continue this series! We have been so impressed by British sitcoms that we, along with many here in, have stopped watching the US sitcoms altogether. I love the USA, but you all have us beat hands-down in Television entertainment. As word continues to spread and more folks get Netflix or some other access to British TV shows, you will continue to receive these rave reviews!
  • Best show

my family loves the show Doc Martin being from the United States is one of the best shows on television and we very much appreciate it because its not trashy by any means. Just wish we could watch past seasons since we found this show about 2 months ago. I wish the US would produce shows of this caliber instead of pure trash! Thank you for the entertainment.

• I joined this website specifically to comment on Doc Martin

I'm not a critic by any stretch, but I would like the powers that be to know how much my husband and I enjoy watching Doc Martin. I'd not even heard of it until I'd gotten a glowing review from a friend. We hurried home to check it out. Well, it didn't take long for it to become an addiction. We binge-watched all seasons available. Heard that there was indeed going to be a season 7 (or series 7 in brit-talk), but that that may very well be the last. I'm here to ask if the writers/producers/actors are above being bribed. I'd like to strongly encourage them to make this show for as long as they possibly don't care if plots are repeated from time to time. We adore these characters :) Please consider committing to making more of what is one of the best shows on television. Thank you for your time :)
  • Totally bonkers over this show

As a US fan, I wasn't aware of Doc Martin until about a year ago when I stumbled onto it on PBS when they were showing Series 4. It took 2 or 3 shows before I decided that maybe this was I show I could get interested in so I started making more of an effort to watch it. Well, by the end of Series 4, I went to iTunes and bought Series 1-6 and have watched the all six series at least three times. I have also indexed the show so I know exactly where the Doc and Louisa scenes are and I have watched them more times than I care to admit. I have never been so addicted to a tv show in my entire life and I am 69. Infact, I watch very little tv but this show is addictive. Series 6 was especially frustrating. It was a rough year for Doc. I don't know how I can possibly wait for Series 7 but thank goodness there is going to be a Series 7. Kuddos to the Doc Martin staff and crew--you are all simply amazing!!!!
  • What a gem!

This gem of a series is lifted out of the sickly-sweet genre of medic/policeman in small quirky country community (often with 'heart' somewhere in the title and 'heartwarming' in the reviews - ugh!) by the spectacular social ineptness of the lead character, Doc Martin, perfectly played by Martin Clunes. Imagine the series if Doc Martin was an ordinary GP, and you'll see what I mean. I was first attracted by the wonderful scenery of Port Isaac in Cornwall (Port Wen in the series)but quickly got interested in how he was going to put his foot in it this week. The story lines are average I would say, some better than others, usually centred on a different medical incident each week, but the real interest is in the relationships between the villagers and the doctor, and how they develop over time. It is always entertaining (and even the not-so-good plot lines are enlivened by the beautiful landscape) and sometimes extremely funny - something to look forward to.
  • Future plots

This is a wonderful series please don't give up! Spin Ruth and Al's business and use the tourists from other countries to come up against the doc, the quirky townspeople and the Cornish culture which is crazy to an outsider. Help the doc to work on his marital relations, because there is hope! There is so much material to use, bring in the Londoners that ought to put things out whack for everyone. I just love how the stories are woven, interconnected and leaving us crying, shocked or laughing. Love the Doctor!

Chef D

• Wonderful British Understatement

What I like most about this show is that it's hard to say what it is I like. The setting, the characters, and the music come together for the whole. The acting is what acting should be - you're not even aware there is acting, you just feel like the people are real. Mostly I guess it's the whole understated quality of the show ... you're not clobbered over the head with hilariously zany comedy, pulse-pounding action, or overstimulating dramatic turns ... it has a kind a pastoral or peaceful quality to it punctuated with just the right bits of quirky plot and character development to keep it interesting. The whole ambiance is probably what it boils down to most ... a beautiful setting populated with characters you come to really like.
  • Doc Martin is #1!

Doc Martin is wonderful thank-you for making this show. <3 :)
  • Doc needs a Doc (shrink)!

Loved the early Doc him now. No one can possibly be as thick as the writers have made him this season. His wife and child would soften any man's heart and lead to a dawning of heart, humor, and humanity.

They have made a sympathetic character that we had high hopes for into an obnoxious boor. Yuk!

• Doc Martin Season 5 & 6

I loved watching Season 1-4 but Seasons 5 & 6 are very disappointing no magic and charm like in Seasons 1-4. Also, in Port Wenn the real name Port Isaac, they have a local sea chanty group called the Fisherman's Friends that play on the Platt every Friday night, they are big part of this village and quite charming. I don't understand why they are not a part of the show in any way. I hope Season 7 they bring back the magic and charm. I do miss Pauline and Auntie Joan, wish they were still on the show.
  • DISAPPOINTING SEASON 6

I cannot express how disappointed I am with Doc Martin's seasons 5 and 6. I started watching the first season about two months ago and (Feb. 2014) and I thought that it was the best show I had ever watched. It was fun, had nice plots and very interesting characters. Doc Martin was cold and had no social skills whatsoever, but at the same time, he was very charming in his own way. The romance between him and Louisa was so much fun to watch! Each episode made me look forward to their next encounter again. On the last episode of season 4, I was beside myself by the nice way it ended. I kept imagining them living together afterwards in a funny, maybe awkward, but NICE way with the baby. Instead, their relationship became sad and dysfunctional, like in "drama" movies! I know that this could happen in reality, but this is entertainment and could have continued being light and funny as it started.

I just finish watching the last episode of season 6 and became totally upset. I hope that season 7 will make up for the two previous ones and go back to being charming, fun and "romantic", like the beginning!

I wish that the creators and producers of the show would read my review. There is always hope!

• doc martin season 6 is terrible

Doc M was our favorite series ever. Ever! We bought advance dvd of season 6, and it is pathetically bad. Too bad. It was great. I guess writers got too fat and lazy.

• A ZEALOUS FAN

I love this series and all the characters. I am disappointed in Season 6, (I own all the DVDs) because it seems to have lost a magic charm of other seasons. I do not want to have the series to end, especially in this way. Please go back to the way you have been in the past. I love Port Wenn's homes, flowers, shops. and would love to see more of that scenery. Louisa has an edge to her this season, is it because she also acts in DCI Banks and as a hard nosed detective?
  • Doc Martin. Seriously funny series

The series of Doc Martin

Keeps us laughing all the way . A great family time . Bring on more series please ! 10/10 to Martin Cloone!
  • A Great Show

Doc Martin is one of the best television series since As Time Goes By. Series 6 leaves you in a "what's going to happen?" situations. Sincerely hope producers continue with another series. The cast is great and location could not be better. Jim Helms, Winter Haven, FL
  • Super Show

I live in the united state's and there is a lot of TV programs out there,but in all my 47 years there has never been a TV series that has caught my full attention and has kept me interested, until i watched this show.

I have seen all the series and episodes and i hope and pry it never end's.

this is the only show that me and my wife sit's and watches together.
  • One of the best shows of the past 10 years

Doc Martin is what really good television is all about... great writing, the characters "find themselves" and the production team pulls it all together. The editing is particularly good.

Being from an American audience, we are a little bit behind in what is being broadcast, so I can't comment on Series 6. If my curiosity gets the better of me I may have to start viewing it online.

It is my hope that they do not play too much with the characters and/or the production style to the point where the audience wonders "What is happening here? Why are we watching?" From some of the previews I have watched of Series 6, it seems like the producers may have felt a need to "spice" things up. I'm not quite sure that Port Wenn needs too much spice. I prefer it the way it is, more like comfort food.

Doc is certainly difficult to deal with, and of course fairly predictable. But that's why everyone loves him, because we know where he stands each and every time. Quirky, arrogant and obnoxious, we wouldn't have him any other way. Doc and Port Wenn are a vacation, a holiday, to which we are allowed to visit and feel renewed, leaving with a smile on our face. Unrealistic? Perhaps. But if we wanted something different, we wouldn't keep coming back. If Doc Martin starts heading in a different direction, the viewers probably will do likewise. Let's hope not.
  • Can't Win Them All Doc

As a Doc Martin lover and an avid fan off all the series 1-5 (i own them all), Series 6 is somehow falling short of the beauty and symmetry that held together so magnificently and creatively. Suddenly we must have a different director, or is it the continuity people. The shots we all loved of Port Wenn are no longer there. The sense of 'being there' is not an option any longer. It is camera angles and close-ups that get in your face without regard for that 'familiar' feeling of being a fly on the wall.

If i were to count the number of wide angle Port Wenn shots compared to all the other series, it think it would be off by double digits.

And why for pity sake is everyone so grumpy. Dr. Martin has gotten to grumpy the shape of his face has actually changed. And Louisa is a smart woman, why is she portrayed as some sort of idiot in Series 6? She is so grumpy she seems to have left leave of her softness and understanding that we came to love in the other five series. She had some intelligence out of everyone in the village as to what made Martin tick, now she has gone off the deep end and has no patience or understanding. She has become his worst enemy. If there is any compassion and love between them, let's see it. All we see is the hatred, the despair of being together. We watch because we love them as a couple, and yet we have yet to see them as anything but a fighting, incompatible couple. I don't think that's the way it was going - or how we saw it going in sesries 1-5. Reality can't be THAT bad.

They are both intelligent humans, who chose to marry after all, let's see that intelligence show thru in Series 6.
  • perfect

What a great show, funny, realistic, really funny with such a dry sense of humor, I just love it. My 83 yr old mother-in-law absolutely laughed harder than she has in 30 years, so it rates a 10 my book!
  • Is this really a comedy?

We've watched Doc Martin several times and are puzzled that this program is described as a "comedy". It's clear from episode when Doc Martin's parents show up and his mother tells him he's the worse thing that even happened to her that his upbringing was terrible ... small wonder that he turned out to be so incapable of relating socially to anyone! Do Brits ... and others really think this is funny???
  • fantastic show

brilliant acting and believable realistic plots with storylines that could be from real life and a doctor who while not exactly lovable and cuddly is realistic and competent. Most of us have found that in real life doctors are not curmudgeonly unbelievable geniuses like House and I've never met one with a great beside manner. Doc Martin who is efficient and a regular guy is the kind of Doc I wish I could have and the series is really well done - he is the real deal ....
  • Dr Martin

what a brill show,the writers,actors production team .makes great viewing,so it Please keep it running,one of the few decent shows on you all...........
  • Season 6 Scheduled for Fall 2013 in UK! Should be in US a few months later. !!!

This Fall 2012, the ITV Press Centre announced that Doc Martin, is scheduled for a sixth season of eight episodes; filming beginning Spring 2013 with all regular cast members. Accordingly, Doc Martin series 6 will air on ITV in the UK in Fall of 2013. Public Television stations in the US nationwide will likely air series 6, in a year from now around January 2014.
  • Take 2 aspirin and see me in the morning at the surgery! Goodbye!

Just watched the first 5 seasons on Netflix. Loved it! Anybody know when Season 6 will start airing?
  • Great show, great team effort by all

I fell in love with this series. Great acting, excellent writing, a perfect team effort. Truth be told here I am a man in his early 50's somewhat addicted to the show and I found it on netflix years after it started. I truly hope they somehow get some more shows produced!!!
  • HOOKED ON DOC MARTIN AND CAST OF CHARACTERS!!!

My brother with lung Cancer, told my husband and I about Doc Martin series on KCET, we immediately became hooked ....my brother told his doctor about Doc Martin, his doctor and wife were hooked found all seasons on DVD, I found all season 1 thru 5 on Netflex and spent two weekends watching all seasons, my husband, brother and I are hooked ....The best of acting ....great story lines etc. etc, I would like to take my brother before his illness gets worst to Port When really Port Issac....Please, Please bring us Season 6, Doc Martin.....What a Wonderful breath of fresh Air!!! THE BEST ENTERTAINMENT!!!! I have every seen....Loving Fan of all characters... 10 plus rating from me!!!