Doc Martin

The Holly Bears a Prickle

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 22, 2007 on ITV

• Martin & Louisa's relationship hits another snag,Pauline admits to having a gambling addiction & the Doc's medical heroics save the day again.

A chaotic,shambolic,hectic but ultimately fulfilling episode as Louisa breaks up with Martin but then accepts his marriage proposal after witnessing Martin's heroic deeds in saving the life of her 'horrid friend' Holly.While these events may or may not be linked,and I have no doubt as to Louisa's feelings for Martin and vice versa,I can't help recalling a previous episode where Martin works brilliantly to save Peter Cronk's life in the back of an ambulance while Louisa watches on in obvious admiration.I guess only time will tell the true depth or not of the relationship.

We've all seen Pauline playing games on the office computer but only now is it apparent that she's been gambling online & getting into debt as a result.Several things come to a head here & it will be interesting to see whether this subplot is developed further in future episodes.
PBS