Doctor Who

Blink

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Jun 09, 2007 on BBC America

• Wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff!

Such a great episode. I was waiting to hear the Doctor say those words ever since I've started watching the show (a friend of mine once told me about them). I don't know if it is okay for me to say it before I've watched the whole series but this episode has got to be one of the BEST!!!
  • Don't even blink!

This episode was SO much fun. You can watch it over and over, trying to work it out, and revelling in Billie's dalliance.

I don't find The Weeping Angels so much hide-behind-the-couch scary as suspenseful, with the capability to make you jump out of your skin.

There is a stretch of road near my house where there are garden statues in view for a minute or two, and I make sure never to blink, just to keep the memory of this episode fresh and alive in my mind. Actually, I think it's time I watched it again.
  • Blink

Blink was a perfect and very entertaining episode of Doctor Who. I really enjoyed watching because the story was intriguing and fun. There was some action, character development and plot progression. I liked the suspense of some of the scenes which had me on the edge of my seat. I liked how every thing played out and certainly look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • One of the creepiest TV episodes ever

One of the creepiest TV episodes ever written. Genuinely nail-biting.

Like the original Rod Serling Twilight Zone series, and the original Outer Limits series, ingenious writing obviates any need for elaborate FX.

Clever cutting between a collection of stationary statues is enough to strike terror into viewers' hearts.

Remember, don't blink. Blink and you're dead.
  • Best one ever

An amazing episode for the new Doctor Who. This is truly one of the best episodes ever written - and it doesn't have the doctor in it much! How ironic.
    Compare this with last years Love and Monsters - yeah totally different aren't they? This one has more fire, more drama and above all more characterisation. Speaking of the characters, the gorgeous and coragous Sally Sparrow is the heroine of the story. She stumbles across the Scooby-Doo house, and is plunged into a world of time and angel statues that can kill you. only cryptic messages from the lost timelord and the mysterious blue box can save her and her new lover Lawrence from trouble.
    I only wish that more episodes could of been like this. Perhaps the new new series will have something to offer.
  • A good Horror Drama thats worth watching though don't read to much into the time travel aspect of it all.

For any children who viewed this episode this will be a classic episode and one which they will remember as the best horror dramas are always something that you can relate too [Sapphire & Steel anyone?] in this case Writer Stephen Moffet has used Statues; something that viewers will always see everywhere.

This episode doesn't rely on fancy effects to move the story as its all in the editing and story telling surprisingly Martha and the Doctor take a back seat. This ep had obvious roots from Back To The Future Part II as the letter is given to Sally. I felt what let this ep down was the time travel aspect, some of it was good other parts were just unconvincing. Sorry Mr Moffet, but saying that interveening on future events will cause some sort of cataustropic upsetting of the universe seems a little like a plot oversight coverup - the Doctor does it all the time see; Day Of The Daleks. Could he mean the Blinovich Limitation Effect or is he just trying to save his own skin to get the Tardis back? Logically, if the police guy had gone back in time then he could have told his future self not to help Sally and a new timeline would have been set up and none of this would have happened to him! Besides if those Weeping Angels did put you back in time as you now know future events then you can technically alter history for your own gain.
  • Blink, the best Doctor Who episode.

Well it might just be me, but I think that this episode "Blink" is the best of any Doctor Who. It was not silly, or corny (which some have been) and don't scold me for saying that. I love all Doctor Who's, but this was grown up and sophisticated. It was very smart, well written, acted and directed. And may I add, SCARY ! I just loved this episode and it's a "must watch" episode from my "must watch episode list" It was different from any other "Doctor Who" episodes, yet it was still very much a "Doctor Who". I just loved it!!!
  • A True Landmark in Writing!

By Far one of the best Hours of Television I have ever seen, Not just in the Dr. Who Universe, but anywhere.
    Truly a fine piece of writing and acting.
    Kudos 1,000 times Kudos.

I Do feel Bad for waiting this long into my life to start watching Dr. Who, but feel fortunate that among the first episodes I see, is this Gem.
    I Can not wait to share it with my friends and especially with my Son.

Do yourself a Favor and see this episode, even if you are not a fan of the Dr. Who Television series.
    its worth your time. and you wont regret it.
  • Best Doctor Who episode so far.

I have been into Doctor Who since the Tom Baker days and to be honest I cannot consider myself as a fan of the new show. The reason being that I think most of the stories (before this one) were pretty lame. Come on!! you cannot get any worse than pig aliens (or whatever they were) can you? - BUT... over the past 3 episodes I have seen a dramatic improvement in the quality of the episodes. It was like the top brass called the production staff over to their office and gave them a good old kick in the behind and told them to crank up the quality of the show. It also seems like the show is now targeting a more adult audience. I just hope that the quality of the show will remain on these levels.
  • One of the best Doctor Who story lines!

I really really love this story line which is a little weird considering it doesn't have a lot of the Doctor in it but The Weeping Angels are a brilliant monster because they aren't so alien they look fake and they are scary too. I was really quite scared which makes it ever more brilliant. At the beginning you are rather confused but as you go through the story you find that you start to really like the character of Sally Sparrow. She is independent and well lets face it if what happens to her happened to me i would be freaking out :) But this is probably one of my favorite story line and i advise all to watch. Pure Brilliant.
  • One of the scariest Doctor Who villians of all times and one of the most time-invovled plots of all times makes for a great Doctor Who episode.

Blink has to be among one of the best Doctor Who episodes ever! I just watched it recently on DVD and watched it again to catch all the subtle nuances I missed before like how old Billy knew when he would "exit" or rather how the doctor knew in order to tell him.

The intricate storyline invovling twists in time was brilliant! Despite the show being about a time traveler and time travel itself, very often very little is done with time. Usually the Doctor and co. arrive at some fixed point in some area and work things out from then and there going forward. It's nice to see time itself manipulated to solve a problem.

The resolution of the story was great for it's cleverness. It was ironic how the weeping angels in more ways than one engineered their own downfall by unknowingly allowing events to take place in the past that would influence the future/present. As for other shows' resolutions, I'll be honest that I have grown tired of the way sometimes the new Doctor Who solves difficult problems in seeminly a flash or deus ex machina. Fortunately all that was absent in this incredible episode. The Weeping Angels made for great scary monsters and the flickering lightbulb at the end....

I hope to see more episodes like this!
  • Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Wow. Just Wow. As of the end of the 4th series, this is far and away the best episode of the revived Doctor Who. The base concept, plot, and manner of intertwining both is nothing less than incredibly ori

==================================================
    Don't Blink. Blink and you're *dead*. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And **don't blink**.
    ==================================================
    I've been an SF fan for over 40 years. I never liked the old Doctor Who, because I've always prefered SF to Science Fantasy, which the Doctor generally was in the past. The revived series is still Science Fantasy, but it's a bit less cheezy than the old series was. Plus I've mellowed a bit in the last twenty since the original was on the air. The revived series is fun and amusing and the characters are well-written and, within the limitations of TV, very effectively done. It is mildly uneven, running from very very good to pretty good, but never is it disappointing.

Blink is an unusual episode as the Doctor has a comparatively small "on screen" part in it. The concept behind the story, though, and the manner of its telling, is as inventive and original as any SF ever placed on TV. It is proof that Steven Moffat, better known for the excellent comedy Coupling, but also for several of the better episodes of Doctor Who in the revived series, is literally a brilliant storyteller. With Blink, he breaks out of the "standard" story telling mode and tells a nonlinear story using a linear format, pretty much backwards from the usual way of doing that sort of thing. It does an amazingly remarkable job of keeping you engrossed, trying to figure out what is going on, and presents a "villain" -- a nemesis -- which is both utterly alien yet completely believable and, within the bounds of the story, even understandable. If you don't like this episode -- quite a bit -- Then I say that you, sir or madam, are dull and unimaginative. That's the only possible explanation I can conceive of.
  • A Doctor Who episode in which the Doctor only appears live in the last couple of minutes and his other appearances (in a DVD 'interview') only amount to a few minutes more!

And yet this is my favourite episode in all four of the new series. The story is full of paradoxes, the primary being that the Doctor is hardly in it. The only time you see the adversary/alien characters they are statues and don't move yet they are all the more scary because of it, you just don't know when they are going to appear next.
    I have always enjoyed science fiction where there is an element of time travel (this is what attracted me to Doctor Who in the first place). In this episode the time travel is pivotal to the story but very much in the background, in that the subject does not have any experience of it subjectively but is very much influenced by the experiences of other characters.
    Another bonus is that there is more character development than in most of the episodes which is a failing of the new single episode storylines.
  • ...But its still a corker...and very creepy too. But not my favourite episode

yes all in all it is a very good episode that(of course)needs multiple viewings to get a full understanding and a full enjoyment for this episode.
    but it does lack that something special that makes most episodes work.
    on first viewing i was really confused with some of the things the main characters(not the Doc this time round)were babbling on about.
    but nevertheless after rewatching i managed to enjoy it much more and the weeping angels are really creepy.
    Unfortunately this episode was at the wrong end of series 3 as it aired right after the scorching two parter Human Nature/Family Of Blood(which in many ways i prefer over this episode).
    This is definately not Moffats best work,he makes his masterpiece in series fours terrific Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead two parter(which is terrifying and terrific).
    the thing that makes this extra special is the excellent direction and the soundtrack...it also acts like a sort of slasher film as the angels pick off their victims one by one...which only adds to its enjoyment factor.
    Utopia for me is the best episode of this series along with the two parter before this,and i cant help but feel that this episode would have worked much better if it had aired in the first half of the series.
    but thats just my opinion.
    Not the best episode of New Who,but its a very good one.
  • blink blink and your dead, very good

"Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck!"

Rather than have another stab at it himself, this year Russell T. Davies has delegated the season's most difficult episode - the now customary 'Doctor-lite' episode - to one of his best writers. Perhaps it was just the luck of the draw, or maybe Davies realised that an exceptionally talented writer like Steven Moffat could make something out of nothing in the same way that Davies himself did with "Love & Monsters" last year. Whilst he has more lines than he did in "Love & Monsters", in this episode the Doctor exists for the most part as a mysterious, off-screen character. Moffat handles him much in the same way that many of the writers of the novels -- particularly the New Adventures -- did back in the 1990s. I quickly got sick these of 'Doctor-lite' adventures in print, but every once in a while I have to admit that it works spectacularly. It reaffirms that mystery. Gives the audience a new perspective. And, if I was cynical, I'd say that it also allowed the production team to film two episodes at once so that they might squeeze "The Runaway Bride" into their hectic schedule?

And so this week the burden of driving the plot forward lies elsewhere. Just like with Elton in "Love & Monsters" and invisible Eugene in Torchwood's "Random Shoes", this episode is carried by the non-regular character of Sally Sparrow, wonderfully portrayed by this week's leading lady, Carey Mulligan.

KATHRYN: What's good about sad?
    SALLY: It's happy for deep people.

As "Blink" lives or dies by Sally Sparrow, it is fortunate that she is a compelling and endearing character. She is instantly likeable; clever, funny, and with a very dry sense of humour -- she evens laughs at herself quite a bit. She's sort of a twenty-first century Benny Summerfield. thought that the episode was very slow to start. The pre-title sequence was distinctly bland and so, at least up until Kathy's was 'zapped' back in time, the episode didn't really hook me. However, when Kathy did arrive in Hull, 1920, I had to laugh out loud. Not only is it the butt of the old Blackadder joke, but it's also the 'top of the crap map' city? where I went to University and where I just happen to work. It's the Hull Daily Mail, mind, not 'the Hull Times'. You'd think they'd have done their homework?

"Because life is short and you are hot".

Once it got going though, I really enjoyed the episode. Moffat's characters are all so funny and real; I especially liked the smooth young cop, D.I. Billy Shipton. Once he had been 'zapped' back to 1969 we were finally treated to some exposition, courtesy of the Doctor and Martha.

"The only psychopaths in the universe to kill you nicely. No mess; no fuss; just zap you into the past and make you live to death."

The Doctor gives Billy a message to deliver to Sally; a message that it will take him 38 years to deliver. The hospital scene where the old, dying Billy finally gives that message to Sally is beautifully written, and really quite melancholy. On the whole, "Blink" may be much more upbeat that Moffat's peerless offering last year, but it still has its "Girl In The Fireplace" moments. Moffat has also really tapped into something with his DVD Easter Eggs -- what a concept! It's one of those fantastic ideas that seem so obvious once they've been done -- the Doctor as a DVD Easter Egg! It's contemporary and cool and children will love it. More than that though, it creates one of those seldom-used, head-scratching time travel plots that Doctor Who just does not do enough. We have one half of a conversation recorded in 1969 and eventually published on just seventeen DVDs as an easter egg. The other half of the conversation is then transcribed in 2007. This transcription is then delivered to the Doctor in 2008 so that when he gets trapped in 1969 he can record his half and thus complete the circle? or should I say complete the 'wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey ball'?

"They are quantum locked. They don't exist when they are being observed. The moment they are seen by any other living creature they freeze into rock. No choice; it is a fact of their biology. In the sight of any other living thing they literally turn to stone. And you can't kill a stone. Of course, a stone can't kill you either, but then you turn your head away. Then you blink. And oh yes it can."

There is one devastating moment when on the DVD, the Doctor says that the transcript has run out. The Weeping Angels are coming. From thereon in the fear factor goes through the roof. Larry Nightingale is another brilliant character, but amusing as he may be throughout (with all his nerdish quips like "I've got that on a T-Shirt" etc.), he's even more entertaining when, if you'll pardon my French, he's **** himself. It's those wide-eyes. He's desperately trying not to blink. But that's the instinct isn't it? Cover the eyes. But he can't, or he's dead. You can't hide behind the sofa because that is when they'll get you. Genius.

I thought that the most frightening sequence was outside the TARDIS in the basement. When one of the Angels (somehow) does something to the light and it begins to flicker, the Angels begin to move in short bursts. Hettie MacDonald -- the first woman to direct an episode since 1985 -- has shot and edited this part beautifully; it is absolutely chilling. The statues move almost like a piece of animation. A quick series of grotesque freezes. It's horrible. But thankfully, even in his absence the Doctor saves the day. He allows Sally and Larry into the TARDIS which then dematerialises around them. Of course, those pesky Angels were outside it, shaking it about. What they didn't see coming was that once it had dematerialised, they'd all be looking square at each other. Checkmate.

"Blink" ends flawlessly -- the closing montage of all those statues and gargoyles juxtaposed with the Doctor's "don't blink" speech will doubtless leave a generation of children with a deep-rooted fear of statues, gargoyles and grotesques. And if we're honest, probably quite a few adults too? All told, "Blink" was never going to be a monumental episode like "The Empty Child" or my personal favourite, "The Girl In The Fireplace". You just can't have an episode with that sort of weight without your regular cast. However, given the choice between a 'Doctor-lite' episode of this kind of quality or a Stargate-style clip show, I know which I'd choose every time. The fact that this episode was far better than "The Lazarus Experiment" and "42" - both of which had a full cast, big-name guest stars and a bucketload of C.GI. -- says it all really. With "Blink", Moffat has written an episode that will undoubtedly chill Britain on a warm summer's night.
  • The companion that never was, Sally Sparrow, travels into an old 'Scooby Doo-esque' home where the Weeping Angels await her. A superb episode by the legendary Stephen Moffat and probably the best episode of the new series!

I won't deny that when I first found out that Stephen Moffat, the creator of such legendary episodes as the 'Empty Child' and 'The Girl in the Fireplace', was writing this episode I was excited.

In the episode 'Blink', Moffat has surpassed himself.

The idea of the Weeping Angels was a stroke of genious. The idea that they are 'kind killers' who feed off of a person's potential energy, despite being slightly complex to explain outside of the episode, is beautifully executed within the episode.

These creatures certainly scared me more than enough times during that 3/4 of an hour period and it almost felt like a mini movie that I was watching, not another episode of Doctor Who (although that could be simply because of the Doctor's cameo appearances through the easter eggs, another nice little touch by Moffat).

Sally Sparrow herself was indeed the greatest companion that never was. Carey Mulligan plays this character perfectly and the little interaction between the Doctor and her at the end was quite heart warming, however Moffat is quick to beat back the sense of a 'happy ending' here with the Doctor's voiceover and shots of various famous statues reminding us never ever to 'Blink', a little much for the younger, and maybe even the olde, audience perhaps but it was quite a fitting little reminder.

With spectacularly imagined creatures such as the 'Weeping Angels', a thrilling storyline and the superb acting by Carey Mulligan and Finlay Robertson in this 'Doctor-lite' episode, it remains as one of the best Doctor Who episodes ever and definitely deserves 10/10.
  • Tightly plotted, incredibly well acted, and very atmospheric scary story.

A lot of people have complained about the Doctor and Martha being offscreen for most of the episode. For my money, this is what makes the episode so strong, because the focus is on a character who doesn't have any experience dealing with some of Who's more alien and bizarre monsters. Most of the credit goes to the genius of Steven Moffat's script, which creates what is an incredibly scary monster, one so easy to escape and yet so difficult to defeat.

But a lot of the success rests on the shoulders of Carey Mulligan, who basically carries the story as Sally Sparrow. Good premise or not, without such a likable actress in the role, it wouldn't have worked nearly as well.

So this is a story that is best told on a dark and stormy night, with those you love close by your side.

But whatever you do, DON'T BLINK!
  • Sally Sparrow finds some odd happenings at an abandoned house. Cryptic messages, creepy angel statues, disappearing people, and the series of DVD easter eggs with the same man, this Doctor, apparently having a conversation with himself...

Like last year with "Love & Monsters", "Blink" is an episode that features very little Doctor in it and instead gives us an adventure with a young, modern individual thrust into extraordinary circumstances with the Doctor at the fringes. "Love & Monsters" worked mostly due to its performances by the actors who made you (or at least me) care about the characters. Could this one do the same?

Well, if my rating is any indication, that would be a resounding yes! Written by Steven Moffat, the scribe who brought us previous sublime gems "The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances" and "The Girl in the Fireplace", "Blink" is another outstanding entry in the modern Doctor Who story. This is due in large part to our main protagonist Sally Sparrow, played perfectly by beautiful guest star Carey Mulligan. As others have said in various places I've seen, if they made Sally a companion, I would have absolutely no problem with it (She even has the name for it. "Sally Sparrow". Ha!) Filled with witty, sparkling dialogue, memorable minor characters, a story filled with charm and tragedy, and featuring a rather creepy villain, this episode brings the best of Doctor Who and from beginning to end is a pleasure to watch.
  • The best new Doctor Who episode ever without the doctor?

This has to be my most prized episode of the new Doctor Who series. I haven't seen any of the old episodes so I cannot compare, but this time-bending classic is really good. It stars an unknown "investigating" the Doctor's actions. The first part is priceless as she is revealing writing on the wall in real-time. The Doctor is stuck in 1969 with Marta (?) and his beloved Tardis in modern time. He seems to send many messages to Sally for no reason whatsoever. There is a group of aliens disguised as statues who have the ability to send people to random times in the past. Through time, the Doctor sends many messages to Sally telling her of these beings and brilliance ensues. This well-written episode has you on your toes as details towards time-travel and the mind-bending effects are distributed through the average viewer. Although this is an episode of Doctor Who, the Doctor plays a very minimal role showing up only a couple of times when his mention is implied. I do not want to spoil this epic episode, just go and watch it.
  • Don't blink.

This episode amazed me. There is almost no actual Doctor in it, and yet he is. The entire concept takes a bit to wrap your brain around, but once you do, you'll figure out this is one of the best episodes of this series.

It follows Sally Sparrow, who is being watched/ followed by the Weeping Angels, who want the Tardis. They can't move when someone is looking at them. The Doctor and Martha have been taken back to 1969 by them and can only communicate through things left in time by Sally's acquaintances who have also been thrown back into time. The most important of these are the DVDs the Doctor talks to Sally through. This is just a perfect example of television. It shows the other side of the Doctor's adventures. He is just passing through and you don't usually see what happens to the ordinary people, but this time you do, and it's so interesting. The Angels are scary as hell, and it's also cool to note that not only do they stay still when the characters are looking at them, but also when we, the audience, are.

All in all, an extrememely good watch.
  • It's always fun to be in the know when the characters aren't. Perfect episode!

I loved this episode; I watched it twice in a row, almost without blinking. I love episodes where we, as the viewer, are able to see the Doctor through the eyes of someone who hasn't met him before, who doesn't know what he can do or what it's all about. It's almost like coming to the series anew.

Of course I could say all sorts of things about the awesome acting, fantastic special effects, etc... but that's just what I've come to expect from the show. This particular episode is great because of the fabulous writing and stunning suspense. I think it's one of the scariest, best episodes the show has ever had, and Doctor Who continues to raise the bar and get better and better.
  • Red Light, Green Light, Run for Your Life!

Wow, this was a great episode. I loved the Doctor and Martha, but I didn't miss them - I was too busy wondering what those Weeping Angels were going to do. Okay, I was looking at my neighbor's garden angel in a new light after seeing "Blink"! I have watched it repeatedly - loved the romantic play between the CUTE Detective Shipton and Sally ("Shipton. SPARROW!"). Classic "Doctor-isms" and continued surprises - I didn't guess the arc on this one at all. This is an episode for all us die-hard fans to show "non-believers" - they will really enjoy it.
  • how does an episode of "doctor who" work with almost no doctor in it?

one word: brilliantly! this has been one the best and most exciting episodes so far with a brilliant storyline and a great mixture of time periodes and a wonderful explanation about how the doctor would know what would be happening in 2007 while he was stuck in the past. i was on the edge of my seat when sally first found the warnings from 1969 addressed to her by the doctor. the doctor on every screen in her living room gave me the creeps but most of all did the angels. it was thrilling how this almost fragile symbols for peace would turn into ruthless killers. i really like this kind of statues in a guilty pleasure kind of way so they gave me even more of an intense chicken skin. they looked so very scary with their horrible grimaces and i'm sure they must have provided a lot of hours of nightmare. the scene when the doctor gave sally instructions from the computer screen, was fascinating and quite funny and the explanation about how he knew about what she was going to say was just brilliant! this episode might have been more complicated and more complex than most of the other ones but never the less really thrilling and most of all incredibly intelligent!
  • One of the best episodes ever!

I love Doctor Who and this is my favourite episode.
    I found it clever, well written, original and also scary, but in a good way. I havent been scared watching Doctor Who since I was a child and was scared of the Daleks.
    It was such a classic show I had to buy one of those t-shirts that say "The Angels have the Phonebox" which are not available in New Zealand, so I had to order from ebay and it cost me a small fortune in freight. But well worth it cos I love my t-shirt.
    I think anyone that saw this episode will never be able to look at those statues the same way again, especially they happen to be in a cemetary.
    I hope we see more of this fantasic writing in the new series in 2008.
  • An excellent episode

I am not a major fan of the new Doctor Who, having grown up on the old one. However, I am very happy that it is back, and do understand the need to appeal to new and younger viewers. I am not really into the overt emotion of the new one - the Doctor falling for various assistants etc. However, I must say that in season 3, teh series has really improved. In particular - this episode 'Blink' - is really exceptional. I cannot remember any episode - new or old - that is better than this one. It is clever and interesting and has a great surprise at the end, both in the solution and origination of the story. It is as good as it gets. I hope they sustain this quality - because if they do, I think I will be experiencing a conversion.
  • Could Doctor Who get ANY better? Maybe. But this episode is perfection itself, the only thing that would make it better is if it was 2 parter.

In the Doctor Who world of fandom, there are 2 gods: (well, it least in my book)

Russel T. Davies.

Steven Moffet.

We humble fans assume one type of episode from the first god: Cheeky, full of fun, doesn't take itself completely serious, ect.

From the second: Magic. Pure and simple magic. Redefines the term 'Entertainment'. Steven Moffet should be in Hollywood, writing movies for the big screen, or at the very least, completely in charge of Doctor Who's future. I've seen some of his comedy, he's a very funny man, but his specialty is Drama. Steven Moffet, for instance, wrote 'Blink'. Take a look at the episode. It's the season's Doctor-lite episode, which by all accounts, SHOULDN'T be good. Season two's Doctor-lite episode, 'Love and Monsters', was TERRIBLE! I can't think of a worse episode. But the episode that shined in that season? 'The Girl in the Fireplace'. Again, written by Steven Moffet. 'Blink' was fascinating to say the least. It had a strong cast that really held the episode up, Sally Sparrow was a sweet, tough, likable character who, once the episode was finished, I wanted to be the next companion. The weeping angels were SCARY! No matter how many times I re-watch that episode, I always jump when I see them. It's definitely the best episode of the New Series, if not the best in all of Doctor Who's long, long 44 year history! So, am I a Steven Moffet fan? No, not really. I know I keep going on about him, but it's because at least in Doctor Who, he's the best writer I know of. And 'Blink' is a perfect example of just what the man can do.
  • one of the "scary" ones

starts with a bang and never lets up.

this is why i watch the show. well-written. lots of suspense which works better for me than sci-fi talk.

almost more of a mystery/horror episode than a typical Doctor Who.

statues are really freaky. they work better at creating fear than any special effects monster on the series. reminds me of the "Empty Child" episode and how scary the boy with the gas mask was (see also the film "The Orphanage".

maybe the best episode of the new series. i felt some of this season was weak so this was a pleasant surprise.

don't miss this one.
  • After this amazing episode, statues became scary. If you see one around you, don't blink!

I totally loved this episode. It's amazing! The best Doctor Who episode ever!

The story is about the Weeping Angels, statues that cover their own eyes (so, the statues won't look at each other) and can kill who looks away from them by zapping the person into the past. They feed off of the life energy of all the days that that person might have had.

The episode begins showing a woman, Sally Sparrow going inside an abandoned house to take some pictures. There, after pulling out a piece of wallpaper, she finds a message addressed to her, signed by the Doctor in 1969, that warns her about the Weeping Angels. She also notices the statues outside the house moving.

Great episode. No doubt.

And remember: Don't blink! Blink and you're dead! Don't turn your back, don't look away and don't blink!
  • fantastic episode

this episode was thrilling, exciting and clearly the best of series 3. the only reason i am giving it 9.9 instead of 10 is because the doctor hardly appeared in it.
    but this was a fabtastic episode and i cant wait for series 4 to start. s o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o oo o o o o o o o o o oo o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o cool! well done bbc!
  • Don't blink! Seriously! Don't you dare blink! You might miss something!

I was a bit unsure about this episode before I watched it. Maybe it was the title, or it had been the preview, I don't know... But then I started watching and I was instantly captivated. The creepy old house, the eerie messages, and of course, the weeping angels that seemed to move when you weren't looking. The characters, no matter how little time they had, like Kathy, were all charcaters you immediately came to like (which is something that happens a lot on DW), which got me even more into the story. It was a beautifully crafted episode, and I loved every moment of it. Loved the "don't blink" moments. While the Doctor is MIA for most of the episode, the few moments in which he appears were great, especially the parts where we see him on the DVDs. Another great trick was not letting us see the angels moving either. I think it gave it a much more thrilling feel. One of my favotrite moments were the lights flickering and the TARDIS going away. And of course, the Back to the future mirror image with the letter delivery, haha. Nice to see smart characters. Anyways, lots of great moments and an exciting episode altogether. Loved it!
< 1 2 3 4