Doctor Who

Blink

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Jun 09, 2007 on BBC America

• Could Doctor Who get ANY better? Maybe. But this episode is perfection itself, the only thing that would make it better is if it was 2 parter.

In the Doctor Who world of fandom, there are 2 gods: (well, it least in my book)

Russel T. Davies.

Steven Moffet.

We humble fans assume one type of episode from the first god: Cheeky, full of fun, doesn't take itself completely serious, ect.

From the second: Magic. Pure and simple magic. Redefines the term 'Entertainment'. Steven Moffet should be in Hollywood, writing movies for the big screen, or at the very least, completely in charge of Doctor Who's future. I've seen some of his comedy, he's a very funny man, but his specialty is Drama. Steven Moffet, for instance, wrote 'Blink'. Take a look at the episode. It's the season's Doctor-lite episode, which by all accounts, SHOULDN'T be good. Season two's Doctor-lite episode, 'Love and Monsters', was TERRIBLE! I can't think of a worse episode. But the episode that shined in that season? 'The Girl in the Fireplace'. Again, written by Steven Moffet. 'Blink' was fascinating to say the least. It had a strong cast that really held the episode up, Sally Sparrow was a sweet, tough, likable character who, once the episode was finished, I wanted to be the next companion. The weeping angels were SCARY! No matter how many times I re-watch that episode, I always jump when I see them. It's definitely the best episode of the New Series, if not the best in all of Doctor Who's long, long 44 year history! So, am I a Steven Moffet fan? No, not really. I know I keep going on about him, but it's because at least in Doctor Who, he's the best writer I know of. And 'Blink' is a perfect example of just what the man can do.