Doctor Who

Blink

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Jun 09, 2007 on BBC America

• The best new Doctor Who episode ever without the doctor?

This has to be my most prized episode of the new Doctor Who series. I haven't seen any of the old episodes so I cannot compare, but this time-bending classic is really good. It stars an unknown "investigating" the Doctor's actions. The first part is priceless as she is revealing writing on the wall in real-time. The Doctor is stuck in 1969 with Marta (?) and his beloved Tardis in modern time. He seems to send many messages to Sally for no reason whatsoever. There is a group of aliens disguised as statues who have the ability to send people to random times in the past. Through time, the Doctor sends many messages to Sally telling her of these beings and brilliance ensues. This well-written episode has you on your toes as details towards time-travel and the mind-bending effects are distributed through the average viewer. Although this is an episode of Doctor Who, the Doctor plays a very minimal role showing up only a couple of times when his mention is implied. I do not want to spoil this epic episode, just go and watch it.
BBC