Doctor Who

Blink

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Jun 09, 2007 on BBC America

• A Doctor Who episode in which the Doctor only appears live in the last couple of minutes and his other appearances (in a DVD 'interview') only amount to a few minutes more!

And yet this is my favourite episode in all four of the new series. The story is full of paradoxes, the primary being that the Doctor is hardly in it. The only time you see the adversary/alien characters they are statues and don't move yet they are all the more scary because of it, you just don't know when they are going to appear next.
    I have always enjoyed science fiction where there is an element of time travel (this is what attracted me to Doctor Who in the first place). In this episode the time travel is pivotal to the story but very much in the background, in that the subject does not have any experience of it subjectively but is very much influenced by the experiences of other characters.
    Another bonus is that there is more character development than in most of the episodes which is a failing of the new single episode storylines.