A Doctor Who Community
Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC America

Guys. Whovians. Everyone. This is important. Are you sitting down? I'll wait. Are you ready now? Good, because BBC America has finally released photos from Doctor Who upcoming 50th anniversary special, "The Day of the Doctor." 

This is our first real look at the special, at the action, and at David Tennant and John Hurt standing next to Matt Smith (!!!). This is probably the most exciting news regarding the special we've had in weeks. Though to be fair, the last announcement was simply that "The Day of the Doctor," will be simulcast live around the world on Saturday, November 23, so photos were bound to be at least a little sexier than that. One person is suspiciously absent from them, though: Where's Billie Piper

Anyway, take a look at the gallery below and then hit the comments to freak out with me. 

PHOTOS: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary Special

Be honest, on a scale from 1 to Donna Noble after saving the world, how excited are you? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/5/2015

Season 9 : Episode 12

35 Comments
Comments (35)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Those pix are awesome! I can't wait!!!!
Flag
i'm Gonna miss Smith though and i still miss Tennant i want them all to stay forever :p greedy Whovian :) i got what i wanted in a way with this special i'm exciterrified! i sense Mass Squeeing through time and space on the 23rd
Flag
Am I the only one to be scared of being disappointed by this episode ?
I love Doctor Who ; I love David Tennant, I'm super excited about Peter Capaldi being the next Doctor but so much is done around this episode.... Meh ... We'll see...
Flag
Aww man I just squee'd in my pants from that first photo.

What the heck, Kaitlin? Why does Matt Smith, the one guy who definitely is supposed to be there, get a "(!!!)" while Tennant gets nada? Also, Smith's wig looks pretty wiggy.
Flag
Yeah, no Billie Piper or Joanna Page. Maybe pix of them would give away too much. I'm glad to see Kate Stewart from UNIT back.
Flag
I look forward to the special as I look forward to everything Doctor Who. I'm totally sold to the show, in the most childish way, but without arriving to killing for it or anything like that :) So Billy Piper is confirmed? It's a pitty that they had to make up a third doctor because none of the prior ones were available for the special (you BBC guys should have been nicer to Eccleston!!)
Flag
It's right there on the Hollywood-style posters: "with Billie Piper | and John Hurt"
Flag
I can't wait to see Tennant, Piper, and Colman on screen together
Flag
I can't wait to see Tennant and Smith together on screen.
Flag
David tennant and Matt smith have been my favourite doctors, I'm excited to see them together it will be awesome.
Flag
No Billie means I won't have to vomit a little when I look at the gallery. I'll shed tears if she's not in the special - tears of joy. Beyond that-- SQUEE~ Red sonic!
Flag
when you end up vomiting a little, you should post it on youtube. (I'd watch it) Her name is on the poster :P
Flag
Just like I can hope, posters can be changed. =P
Flag
...hey. You ate my tilde, TV.com. Not cool. The em-dash doesn't nearly convey the excitement behind that squee.
Flag
How are two doctors in the same place at once? Aren't they the same person?
Flag
The Doctor has no difficulty in crossing with earlier or later versions of himself; it's that whole timey-wimey thing. He's been doing it since the classic episodes. My fave of them was The Five Doctors. That was a particularly cool episode since they returned to Gallifrey for that episode.
Flag
Happens all the timey wimey, it's not that kind of temporal issue where they can't hang together (except when it is for the plot's convenience).

My guess though is that Tennant's the grown clone Doctor that went off with Rose to the alternate dimension to make out on the beach forever.
Flag
Ugh that plot line was so creepy!
Flag
Hard to guestimate from publicity photos, but my preliminary theory is maybe the Doc has physical issues & fluctuates intermittently between previous body change-overs before settling into the new one by the end of the story. ::shrug::
Flag
Could be! I haven't watched since the River Song reveal and don't really know what's going on. I don't really care how they explain it I'm just glad 10 and Rose are going to be there <3
Flag
I think Matt Smith has one more episode after the anniversary, the Christmas special. So the new doctor (Peter Capaldi) won't be seen until then.

I'm thinking John Hurt's doctor is an aged eighth or a Doctor between the eighth and ninth that we never saw, one that the Doctor from there on chose to outcast due to the things he had to do in the Time War. As for how these three come to being together I don't think anyone can say, but it won't be any kind of body-change, they will be in the scenes together.
Flag
Yes... and no.

Many time travel stories have someone going back or forward in time and meeting themselves.
Flag
Can't wait!! :)

Jenna's looking gorgeous, as usual. I really like her jacket, too.
Flag
Oh my god, I literally screeched with joy. It was not a pretty sound. *jumps up and down with excitement*
Flag
I can understand why Eccleston pulled out after one season, but it's a massive bummer he seems unwilling to do a big deal one-shot. Oh well. I'll live. At least I might get to see Doctor 10 & Clara share the screen at the same time. That's pretty effin' cool just in itself
Flag
So happy to see Tennant back as the Doctor, he will always be my favorite Doctor, can't wait for Nov. 23rd.

I'm squeeing like a fangirl as we speak...
Flag
Serious question of fandom protocol...well, half serious, but still! kinda...Anyway, as a fanboy, is it acceptable for me to squee, or should my happy noises gravitate in the lower octaves?
Flag
It is completely acceptable for a fanboy to squee. If you didn't squee, you wouldn't be a fanboy. Squeeing is a basic right to all fanboys and fangirls alike. It is indigenous to the group as a whole. And just as males and females are different, the squeeing of the two may sound different, but really, in our hearts, we know that squeeing is squeeing, regardless of your gender. So there.
Flag
You're completely right, squeeing is gender-free.
Flag
That's comforting...Armed with new confidence, from now on I shall cease to squee by my 'puter & do it from the rooftop instead :)
Flag
All fanboys and fangirls unite....squee from your rooftops! Or at least with the windows open.
Flag
I shall squee with thee....
Flag
Think my neighbors will mind if I squee from now till showtime on the 23rd?
Flag
Well, mine are used to my squeeing in general, but that just may be the polite south. Or they think I am a lunatic. Or both.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members