A Doctor Who Community
Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC America

I don't know much about this Doctor Who person, but as a television professional it is my understanding that many of you out there absolutely adore the fella(s)! And according to some extensive research on my part, the BBC and BBC America are putting together quite the celebration for the guy(s) beginning November 18 as he turns 50 years of age! 

On November 23, both the BBC: Proper British Edition and BBC: America Rules Okay? Edition will air the special Doctor Who program "The Day of the Doctor," which will see former doctors Matt Smith and David Tennant teaming up (WHAT!?!?!?!) to save our helpless butts once again. 

And now the first trailer for that program is here! Like, actually here. With footage of Matt Smith and David Tennant in the same scene!

But wait! The BBC has released a second, longer trailer on YouTube that shows even more of Ten and Eleven interacting. It's pretty great as well.

Did your brain melt from excitement? It's okay if your brain melted. But just embrace it, you know? Go ahead and watch it a few dozen more times, I say.

For a full rundown of the Doctor's 50th Anniversary celebration, our resident Anglophile Kaitlin Thomas has the whole schedule.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/5/2015

Season 9 : Episode 12

65 Comments
Comments (65)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I am so excited, three doctors at once and Billie Piper!!! This episode should be epic!
Flag
Two Doctors and a made up one.
Flag
I am always glad to see more Doctor and this, without a doubt, should be interesting...
Flag
DAVID "FRAKING" TENNANT BY A MILE! I think the most excited thing about the trailers are they answer one major question, is David Tennant playing the 10th Doctor or his regenerated clone that stayed with Rose.:(...and it appears he is in fact THE DOCTOR! Which sets my whovian hearts a fluttering.
Flag
I just peed myself. So excited.
Flag

EXCITED!!!!!!!!

Flag
EEEEEEk!!!!!! I'm SOOO EXCITED! Yay!!!!!!!
Flag
Wish we could see Timothy Dalton as Rassilon/Lord President again :)
Flag
LOL @ the sizing up of the sonic screwdrivers!

Gentlemen, I shouldn't have to tell you that it's not how big it is, but what you do with it that matters...
Flag
SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all!
Flag
cant wait, need a TARDIS right now!!!!
Flag
They're both amazing Doctors. I think Tennant is my favorite, but that could be because the overall writing of his episodes were just better. If Smith was in those earlier episodes, I think he'd be my favorite.
Flag
Gotta give it to Smith - he truly did an impeccable and overall fantastic job with what's undeniably sub-par materials he was given.

Davies > Moffat - all day.
Flag
Before this trailer I wasn't all that excited for it, but wow, I mean, it that the elusive Time War the Doctor's been talking about for the entire run of the new series???

I never thought we'd ever actually get to see it, but it looks like we will, and I can't wait!

#SaveTheDay
Flag
i guess its worth it to start watching doctor who from season 1? i did try to watch the first episode of season 1 but couldnt get into it much. does it get better? from this trailer it looks really good. and i do like scifi stuff. so any comments and stuff will be helpful :)
Flag
I watched a lot of the Tom Baker episodes as a kid, and hung around for a while, but unless you have a couple months to kill, start watching at Eccleston. after him you will feel the need to watch Tennant and Smith. THe 8th doctor was only a tv movie, so thats up to you, they havent really mentioned what happened between him and Eccleston, but it helped relaunch it, so its a fun watch.
Flag
super. Ive loads of time to kill so its not really too much for me to go watching all. Thanks for the advice. Ill start from there and give it ago. :
Flag
Yeah, I thought the first episode wasn't that great either, a little bit strange, imo. Anyway it took me a few episodes, but I'd say by the third one I was hooked and by the end of that season I was in love with Christopher Eccleston's Doctor, Rose Tyler, and Captain Jack. And the David Tennant seasons only get better.
Flag
Oh cool. Yeah the first episode i was like what the heck am i watching lol. Couldnt make it threw it tbh lol. Ill give it another shot though. Ive heard lots of good things about David Tennants doctor. I think ill start right away :)
Flag
I was a really late bloomer to Doctor Who. I only started watching it on netflix this past summer. Broke my ankle and had some time to kill. Streamed the first 6 and a half seasons in 2 weeks probably. I would highly recommend getting through season 1, and then giving Tennant's doctor a chance. If after that, you aren't into the show then so be it.
Flag
ok cool. i push threw the first season. glad it gets better lol. thanks for the help :)
Flag
I REALLY hated Tennant at the beginning of his season when he replaced Eccelston, but in no time I found myself liking him very much and was nearly in tears at the end of his season before Smith took over, who admittedly, I also hated in the beginning but have grown to like quite a bit.
Flag
I love the level of excitement in these comments! Whovians are the best :D Eeeeeeee! How FANTASTIC does that trailer look?! Looks like Auntie Beeb spent a lot of money very wisely.
Flag
Yup... brain officially melted. I'm going to go freeze myself so I don't have to wait and then wake up on the 23rd.
Flag
I cannot wait! Is it the 23rd already? :D
Flag
Wow, the CGI doesn't look laughable. It's going to be sad seeing Eleventh and Clara split so soon.
Flag
I cannot wait for the 8th ann show to get here.
Flag
Its obvious from when the timelords said in the end of time. The doctor will use the moment adn kill all timelords and daleks alike. Meaning that crystal, now some say it was modified with a de-mat gun, but I reckon also he will use the TARDIS. After using the method, I think he loses his memory. Prob why he dopes remember Rose alter on, but if 10th meets 11th and he is the real 10th and not alternate. Why does he thing hes gonna die for good later on, if by that point he would know hes gonna regenerate again to matt smith.
Andyway That in trailer just before he says Im lookngi for the DR, hes stood in a desert. (prewar perhaps, cos in he backgronud is the building he is stoof in moments later with the crystal
Flag
This explains the memory loss.

The Doctor intended to modify the gun so that it could remove millions from time and space at once, possibly sealing the Medusa Cascade if needed. This device may have been what became known as the Moment, and the Doctor used it to end the Time War. The Doctor said that he did fire the De-mat gun he made at some point in the future, but its side-effect of memory erasure caused him to forget nearly all of his encounter with Chantir, among many other things. Source: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/De-mat_Gun
Flag
That looks like it's going to be so amazing. OMG! I can't even stand it!
Flag
I was hoping for a scene with Clara and Rose.
Flag

My only complaint is it isn't a movie length.
Flag
The ratings for this are going to be HUGE!! Going to the cinema to see it. So can't wait.
Flag
Rose is back! :D
Flag
I can't wait, will be in London and at The Excel on 24th november to live an awesome (I hope) experience
How can I choose, I <3 THE Doctor (meaning the idea of a time lord in a blue box with all time & space)
Flag
Did anyone notice the brief Rose clip where her eyes glowed with a yellow tint. It appears we may see a return of the BAD WOLF
Flag
I hope this is good enough to make me forget the horrible, horrible, horrible "Rings of Akhaten."
Flag
I can't wait!
David Tennant as the Doctor!
*hysterical giggles all around
Flag
Ahhhhhhhh can't wait two of my fav doctors in the same timeline yess don't know how it's possible but it is doctor who so any thing is possible. I'm so excited. Go tennant
Flag
Tim, sit down before you hurt yourself. Let's let Kaitlin handle the Doctor from now on, shall we?
Flag
yay!!!
Flag
BAD WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
Geez must be a lot of Tennant fans in the house! I'm more of a fez wearer myself (; lol
Flag
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I can't wait!!!
Flag
Ooooooooooooooh damn! How much fun am I going to have watching THAT!?!?!
Flag
This looks good!
Flag
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
*watching trailer* BOOOOMMMM!!! *starts picking bits of brain off computer screen*
Flag
*randomly smashes keys on keyboard out of excitement* nklrgbogabuogbjgjgjwlg
Flag
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!
Flag
BTW, he's not listed as being part of the episode, but, that voice that said "I'm... looking for the Doctor"... that's Malcolm McDowell, isn't it?

Flag
I think it was John Hurt saying that ,he used to voice the dragon in Merlin so i am quite used to his voice.
Flag
So... the Doctor is looking for the Doctor(s).

Make sense. Not even close to be the craziest thing I've seen on that show.
Flag
The Time War. FINALLY.

Bring. It. On.
Flag
Geromino!
Flag
Matt Smith all the way!
Flag
Hnnnng.
Flag
Didn't see River Song, saw goofy old Rose though. Shame.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members