A Doctor Who Community
Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC America

BBC America has released the first teaser for Doctor Who Season 8, which will mark Peter Capaldi's big debut as the Doctor Number Twelve (yes, yes, we know it's his thirteenth face, or whatever; let's not rehash that again). It feels like we said goodbye to Matt Smith's quirky, bow-tie-wearing, fez-loving Doctor ages ago, so even though the new footage doesn't give much away—it's just Capaldi's instantly recognizable silhouette in the TARDIS, as the familiar Doctor Who theme music plays—it's definitely enough to get Whovians everywhere excited about the next chapter in the Doctor's story.

There's still no official premiere date for Season 8, and I'm fairly certain we already knew that the new season would kick off this August, but now we have official video confirmation. So, clear your Saturdays in August until further notice, and then hit play on the teaser below!

On a scale from 1 to 12, how excited are you for Doctor Who to return?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/5/2015

Season 9 : Episode 12

47 Comments
Comments (47)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
from what I,ve read, the new series of DR Who starts on the same day when Dr Who starts in the uk.
Flag
The new Doctor looks like Slenderman in the promo.
Flag
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Flag
That was worth a headline on the front page?

I wish they'd put that "DW" in the shape of the TARDIS back in the logo though.
Flag
British video can be found here:

However it doesn't give away anything, not worth the 16 seconds watch in my opinion, lol
Flag
8... I'm looking forward to catching up with Clara but I'm always less excited about a new Doctor until I see more of them.
Flag
Flag
10, he was the best doctor of all!
Flag
Twelve.
Flag
Not available in my country?????????? You bunch of SOBs!
Flag
Hmm... a ten maybe? Doctor Who is one of those series (at least more recently) that, while it's on, I quickly grow tired off and the soon start to pile up on my DVR.

All that being said, a new Doctor always provides the opportunity for a fresh start, so that's promising. Plus the antagonisingly long wait between seasons makes my heart grow ever so fonder of the series.
Flag
lmao, not available in my country, erm I live in the UK, nice one BBC America :D
Flag
Dear old Auntie Beeb and BBC America are not the same company. BBC Worldwide Americas Inc is independent of the BBC in London and only operates in North America, while geo-blocking is a pain do you really expect a US network to provide free access to thier content if the viewer is in the UK.
But on the upside all those BBC America viewers mean the lisence fee is lower as all of BBC Worldwide's profits come back to the UK
Flag
lol That's hilarious, sorry.
Flag
I really liked Capaldi 's acting in "In the Loop" and the "Torchwood" mini. However, I hate these huge gapes of time between seasons. I guess I am too used to having shows come back every year with American series. I feel like all my anticipation for this has been sapped. Maybe I'll marathon this on the end of the season.
Flag
When you live in the UK you get used to it. I like how the American seasons work but hate that some shows have huge gaps between episodes. At least when this starts up you'll know that it will be on every week until the season ends.

Swings and roundabouts I guess ;)
Flag
;( I can't view the promo it not avalible for my country. Apart from that i can't wait until the newest doctor graces our screens.
Flag
ya same here, you would think since Canada is still part of the commonwealth that we could view it :(
Flag
Im in Australia so I don't know if we have the same codeing stuff.
Flag
Flag
Capaldi was pretty much the best part of Torchwood: Children of Earth so I have little doubts in his ability to carry the role.

BRING IT ON!
Flag
Ok, I'm excited but teaser trailers like this are usually crap...what did we really see here thats new? (Teasing should show something to really lead us on)
Flag
Flag
Flag
Once again.
For all the no US members who use this site:

Also, if you are interested, I posted Another Big Bundle Of Doctor Who Goodies (3) last week
Flag
Now I feel grumpy
Flag
Grumpy to the rescue as always.
Flag
Thank you! Most exciting 16 seconds I've had in a while!
Flag
Thank you. You are now my favourite person ever.
Flag
The Doctor has usually reappeared about the time the kids go back to school so late August early September. But BBC's current schedule has a gap opening up on 2nd August, however would leave a 2 month gap between the end of the season and the Christmas special
Flag
I am about a 7 on excitement levels, Capaldi is promising, still Moffat is not. So I'm roughly a Sylvester McCoy of excitement.
Flag
Don't be a Lemon, Be a Rosebud
Flag
Hahaha. It's party time! All the time!
Flag
Someone's a little attention-whore, eh?
Flag
Good to finally admit that
Flag
It's good to admit that you're an attention-whore? Sure. Now be constructive or fall off the internet.
Flag
I don't know why people complain so much about Moffat. I had the chance to watch the entire 7 seasons in one month and I can definetly say Matt Smith's era is 10000x more epic than Russel's (which was really good).
Flag
Moffat would be perfect writing the Fantastic Four comics, and this is NOT a compliment. Every Moffat / FF story works like this: Something horrible happens, the hero see no way out of it, and then quickly cheats it through some Deus Ex Machina invention or plot hole. Rinse and Repeat. It is as if every story is written with no concern with how it will conclude. That type of writing is lazy, gimmicky, and tiresome.
Flag
I advise you to watch the classic series. You just decribed it.
Flag
Uhh...you just described 95% of all Doctor Who storylines.
Flag
I think one of the main complaints is that he doesn't follow through. The story arcs are overly complicated, the stakes higher and higher - and in the end all of the build up gets no satisfactory ending or even an explanation. Take Trenzalore for an example - the whole frickin' point Series 7 was invalidated by the Christmas Special - a whole Series makes no sense at all anymore, because they painted themselves in a corner and then thought "f**k it", the series has to continue, let's just sweep it all under the rug. How would Clara even become the Impossible Girl if the Doctor doesn't die on Trenzalore? No dead Dotor means no dead Tardis means no time stream she can jump into... Does Moffat even care? I highly doubt it...
Flag
Moffat runs the show too shallowly for my tastes, he has a lot of gimmick characters and situations that rely on flash over substance. Also, the episodes under him too often end up very gimmicky with a cheaty ending that doesn't feel supported by the rest of the story.

There was also a big focus on "hollywood" dumbing-down in settings and characters and styles, which is one of the things that made Doctor Who so appealing for me: its ability to not be stupid studio fare we generally get here.
Flag
I agree. Moffat sometimes gets lost in his own mythos but I love the slightly darker tone his involvement has brought. During the Davies era I found myself questioning my choice to watch more often than not (I'm in my late 20's watching farting aliens etc.)
Flag
Yeah, the farting aliens almost made me drop the series. I guess I like my Scifi more New Battlestar and less Buck Rogers.
Flag
I'd think 42.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members