A Doctor Who Community
Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC America (Returning "Deep Breath" premiering August 23, 2014)

The BBC has released the first official image of the costume that Peter Capaldi's Doctor will wear when Season 8 premieres in August. While I was personally hoping the Doctor would stray a bit from looking quite so... formal, I do think this is a good look for Twelve. I mean, maybe one day I'll get my dream of seeing a Doctor just running around in jeans, but that day is definitely not today. Plus, I guess jeans wouldn't be all that distinguishable, and the Doctor is definitely someone who stands out. Here's a look at the full costume:

According to the BBC, despite appearances, the pants are in fact dark blue, just like the coat. Peter Capaldi described the costume as, "Simple, stark, and back to basics. No frills, no scarf, no messing, just 100 per cent Rebel Time Lord.” 

What do you think, fellow Whovians? Are you ready to officially say goodbye to "frills" like the bow tie and embrace this new look? I personally kind of love it.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/19/2014

Season 13 : Episode 6

Next Episode

AIRS ON 7/26/2014

Season 13 : Episode 7

99 Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Dateline NBC
    NEW