A Doctor Who Community
Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC America (Returning "Deep Breath" premiering August 23, 2014)

REALLY GLAD THAT US & THEM FAILED NEWS

... That sound you hear is the delight of women everywhere rejoicing in the news that Jason Ritter is going to reprise his role as Mark Cyr on NBC's heart-tugging drama Parenthood. As of right now, Ritter's only signed on for one episode (set to air April 24), but details like that have never before stopped me from getting overly excited about something, and I'm definitely not going to start now. [TV Line]

BUSINESS TIME

... The BBC has released a new webisode called "The Night of the Doctor" (oh, I see what you did there) in advance of the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special that's set to air Saturday, November 23. It's pleasantly surprising, and just might change your expectations for "The Day of the Doctor." P.S. Don't forget, BBC America will be all Doctor Who, all the time beginning next Monday! [The Atlantic]

... FX sure has its finger on the pulse of society; the network knows exactly what viewers want to see. Which is why it's developing a limited event series based on Rasputin! From Shekhar Kapur, the project will cover most of Rasputin's adult life, from his beginnings as just a lowly peasant all the way up through that time he brought down the Russian empire. Titled Rasputin (clever!), the series is being written by Prison Break creator Paul Scheuring and is based on the book Rasputin: Dark Forces and the Fall of the Romanovs by Douglas Smith. [Deadline]

... Speaking of history and 50th anniversaries, CBSNews.com will commemorate the 50th anniversaryof President John F. Kennedy's assassination by streaming its original news coverage from November 22, 1963, including the first report by Walter Cronkite. The network will also stream the following four days' worth of coverage, culminating in Kennedy's funeral on November 25, 1963. And because the world depends on historical accuracy to survive (just ask Reign), the coverage will begin streaming at 1:48pm Eastern—the exact time when breaking news alerts first announced that shots had been fired in Dallas. Holy shit, this is depressing. I need a drink. [CBS via press release]

... Lifetime has released the official trailer for its Flowers in the Attic adaptation, which is scheduled to premiere on January 18 and stars Ellen Burstyn, Kiernan Shipka, and Heather Graham. And thanks to it, I can never listen to Guns N' Roses the same way again. THANKS, LIFETIME, THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH. 

... George Lopez is developing Star Crazy, a Latina musical drama. for The CW. Naturally. [THR]

... A&E's hit series Shipping Wars will return for Season 5 with back-to-back new episodes on Tuesday December 3 at 10pm. [A&E via press release]

... Who does Bill Lawrence think he is, Greg Berlanti? His new series Ground Floor premieres tonight, and now he's got yet another project in development, this time at NBC. Stand-Up Guy is a multi-camera comedy written by Dan Lagana (Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Famous) and focusing on a young comedian who's basically trying to juggle the responsibilities of adulthood. Like every other series out there. [Deadline]

... NBC has ordered 12 episodes of a single-camera comedy called Working the Engels, which it will co-produce with Canada's Shaw Media. It's one of those family shows where one of the parents abruptly passes away or goes to jail or something, leaving the rest of the clan to pick up the pieces. In this case, dad dies and and leaves his wife and kids with tons of debt and a law firm to run. The series stars Andrea Martin (SCTV), Azura Skye (American Horror Story), Kacey Rohl (Hannibal), and Benjamin Arthur (Less Than Kind). [NBC via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... This counts as casting news, right? Joseph Morgan's Klaus will take a brief vacation from The Originals to return to The Vampire Diaries after departing Mystic Falls last season. The CW is staying mum on what brings him back (or when exactly he'll appear), but I'm pretty sure it's because he misses Stefan. [TV Guide]

... JoAnna Garcia Swisher, who's currently playing Ariel on Once Upon a Time, has signed on to guest-star in an upcoming episode of The Mindy Project. She'll play the sister of Adam Pally's character Peter. I'm very happy JoAnna's making the guest-star rounds, but I would like her to book a regular role soon. Remember Privileged? [TV Line]

... Jack Black and Tim Robbins have both joined The Brink, a half-hour comedy pilot at HBO. It's a dark comedy from Roberto Benabib (Weeds) about three men attempting to stop World War III. Black plays Alex Coppins, a Foreign Service officer, while Robbins is U.S. Secretary of State Walter Hollander. [Deadline]

REQUIRED READING

... Okay, this isn't THAT important, but it's definitely a requirement for fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (which should be every single one of you, honestly): It's a highly scientific ranking of every single episode of Buffy. I mean, it's also wrong, because "Tabula Rasa" should be higher on the list, but still. [BuzzFeed]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/26/2014

Season 16 : Episode 16

73 Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Masters of Illusion Jaws of Death
    NEW
    CW
  • 9:00 pm
    Dateline NBC Bad Blood