A Doctor Who Community
Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC America (Returning Spring 2017)
The Night of the Doctor is now available online. A MUST WATCH for Doctor Who fans of both versions of the series.

"I'm a Doctor. But probably not the one you were expecting" and released on his birthday as well :-D

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/video/mini-episode-the-night-of-the-doctor/
10 Comments
Comments (10)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Loved it! I've been waiting to really discover what happened to the Time Lords in the Time War since the new series started again, and if this is anything to go by, 'The Day of the Doctor' should be fantastic.

It's clear where John Hurt's 'War Doctor' fits in the scheme of things now, and seeing another regeneration is always cool.

The only thing that's disheartening about all this is the lack of Christopher Eccleston in the scheme of things. We've got Paul McGann as the eighth Doctor, John Hurt as the forgotten 'War Doctor', Eccleston's absent as the ninth Doctor, and then we've got David Tennant as the tenth, and Matt Smith as the eleventh. It would have been cool to watch how Hurt regenerated into Eccleston, even though I'm sure we'll find out how this happened anyway. Too bad Eccleston couldn't get over whatever problems he had with working on the series to decide not to return, even just for one episode.
Flag
Best birthday present I ever had. And it's not my birthday for another four months!
Flag
That was great! Paul McGann was really terrific. I wish he had been in more episodes.
Flag
Without giving away spoilers, at one point you hear the Doctor mention Charley, K'Rizz, Lucie, Tamsin and Molly as former companions he has known. For those of you that have only watched Doctor Who on the TV, these are all companions from the Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Adventures. These are excellent, high quality dramas, that were part of the process for getting Doctor Who back on the TV. I heartily recommend giving them a listen, especially since this little name drop makes all those companions now canon.
Flag
Thanks, I'd not spotted you could do that. Also gave me an excuse to watch it again :-D
Flag
no prob - hopefully it gets you more page views and comments
Flag
Staff
I love waking up to Doctor Who goodies!
Flag
It's the first time I've ever cheered like a loon when watching a programme, but that was just fantastic. You couldn't have given him a better birthday presentation.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members