Doctor Who

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Sep 08, 2012 on BBC America

• Dinosaurs on a Spaceship Review

I didn't have high hopes for this episode, and it wasn't any more than i thought it was going to be. There is way too much going on in this episode and some of it is pointless. Queen Nefertiti, what is she doing there! And the archeologist, i can't remember his name, what's he doing there also! I don't understand why the Doctor has these people with him in this episode. They are not needed at all. Brian i love though. Brian reminds me of the original Rory i saw, the only wimpy one. He's kind of like a little kid. The dinosaurs are very good in the episode. The effects are amazing for the dinosaurs and the robots. I don't like the robots though. They are a major downer. Another one of my favorite guest stars in Tricey the Triceratops. Tricey is so sweet and the riding scene was really cool. This episode was really fun but had too much going on.
  • Dinosaurs!

Okay, I admit that I'm easily pleased. Dinosaurs on a spaceship! Salurians being referenced! Rupert Graves guest-starring. Dad Pond (really Williams)! Rory getting smooched by the Doctor! And a despicable, skeevy bad guy.

Yup, I'm was darned happy with this episode. It's certainly made my list of episodes I'd rewatch without hesitation.
  • Dinosaurs on a Spaceship

This episode was really good and was surprisingly a lot better than I thought. Great characters, lots of different locations and brilliant villian. The whole story to this episode was very good and I think the doctor showed a little of his dark side when he killed Solomon. To be honest, despite what people have been saying, I think it was a good desicion to kill Solomon after everything he'd done. Dinosaurs on a spaceship was also very funny especially when the doctor, rory and brian first arrive on the beach.

Overall, a very strong episode with a lot more depth and awesomeness than I initially thought
  • A non biased reason of why I love this ep, but you might not

As a doctor who fan, there is little wrong this show can do. Seriously, there are some episodes that people hate and I still find enjoyment in them because as a tv show its entertaining and I find it too tiring to nitpick at the little elements i might not like and focus on the ones that I do. But I know I may be in the minority here and I know that there are many who don't like some episodes that have that tendency.

This episode, actually the whole of series 7, is looking to fall on that line a lot. Through many interviews, Steven Moffat has said that each of these episodes is going to play like a mini movie and stand on their own for the most part. After the heavy arch ridden story line of series 6, this may be jarring for some viewers who long for the push of cliffhangers to get them through, but for me its kind of a welcome relief. True, there are some open questions that still exist from series 5 and it would be nice to get some of those answers but at the same time its fun to watch Doctor Who with a little levity and thats where episodes like Dinosaurs on a space ship comes in. It was silly, it was huge and at the same time intimate and small and relational, I think the division of the large group into two mini-groups really worked. There are some classic one liners that i wont forget, there are characters that i long to meet and while there where some dark moments all in all it reminded me of what Doctor who was meant to be, fun ridiculously wonderful sci-fi drama.