Doctor Who

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Sep 08, 2012 on BBC America

• A non biased reason of why I love this ep, but you might not

As a doctor who fan, there is little wrong this show can do. Seriously, there are some episodes that people hate and I still find enjoyment in them because as a tv show its entertaining and I find it too tiring to nitpick at the little elements i might not like and focus on the ones that I do. But I know I may be in the minority here and I know that there are many who don't like some episodes that have that tendency.

This episode, actually the whole of series 7, is looking to fall on that line a lot. Through many interviews, Steven Moffat has said that each of these episodes is going to play like a mini movie and stand on their own for the most part. After the heavy arch ridden story line of series 6, this may be jarring for some viewers who long for the push of cliffhangers to get them through, but for me its kind of a welcome relief. True, there are some open questions that still exist from series 5 and it would be nice to get some of those answers but at the same time its fun to watch Doctor Who with a little levity and thats where episodes like Dinosaurs on a space ship comes in. It was silly, it was huge and at the same time intimate and small and relational, I think the division of the large group into two mini-groups really worked. There are some classic one liners that i wont forget, there are characters that i long to meet and while there where some dark moments all in all it reminded me of what Doctor who was meant to be, fun ridiculously wonderful sci-fi drama.