Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaBetween Seasons

50th Anniversary

50th Anniversary

archangelwho

[41]Jul 12, 2013
    • level: 19

Here is an idea for a 50th special though it may be too late and I'm unsure how to get it to the power to be and who. I got it from listening to the extra on the audios of the lost episodes. It would be a two parter. Each would have to be 2 or more hours long, I would think, to give everyone a chance to have his/her say. Part 1: Some type of intergalactic news reporter/investigator is doing a report on the Doctor for a very advance civilization. This person goes around and round up all of the companions (who the actors are left from the 1963 & 2005 show) and interview them on why they went with the Doctor,their time with the Doctor, why they left and their lives after the Doctor. This person could have the power to restore the memories of Jamie, Zoe and Donna. There could even be away to work Adric, Katarina and Sara Kingdom into the mix. Maybe a 2nd interview with those who have died. Part 2 A round table with all the actiors talking about their time before, during and after Doctor Who. A 3rd special to cover those we have lost over the years.

E-mailed BBC Worldwide Productions with this. Nothing may come of it but maybe in the next year or two at the end of the show DVD run they need an idea for a DVD extra.

Edited on 07/14/2013 6:41pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelwho

[42]Jul 22, 2013

As part of the 50th Anniverary the BBC released one story per Doctor. called The Doctors Revisited.I got 1-4. I should have known something was not right when I could not get a straigt answer from anyone by e-mail or on the phone. First the good part. I have only watched The Aztecs. The two extras are great and the fidge magnets are very nice. but that is what you paying for. The DVD does not even come with the extras that were on the first issued DVD. I was hopeing for the lost ep that was included on the SE and was lead to believe it was included here. This is just a way to resale stories that has already been sold in the case of the Aztecs 3 times now. This was a rid off.

Edited on 07/22/2013 1:38pm

archangelwho

[43]Aug 1, 2013

Steven Moffat stated at the San Diego Comic Con 2013 that the full storyline for the 50th has not gotten out yet. Do you think there will be more and is this just to get more press?

dragon22a

[44]Aug 2, 2013
    • level: 32
    archangelwho wrote:

Steven Moffat stated at the San Diego Comic Con 2013 that the full storyline for the 50th has not gotten out yet. Do you think there will be more and is this just to get more press?

i'm hoping that Captain Jack will make an appearance in some fashion. Barrowman has stated that he was not called but he could be misdirecting.

archangelwho

[45]Aug 2, 2013

I am still holding out for some from 1963 Doctor Who.

archangelwho

[46]Aug 7, 2013

While reading some other posts it came to me that that the storyline at the end of season 7 part 2 was so bad that it allows for anything. Steven Moffat may be a genius

archangelwho

[47]Aug 23, 2013

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/18/doctor-who-davaid-tennant-matt-smith/?cm_mmc=ExactTarget-_-email-_-BBC+America+Newsletter_2013-08-21-_-email&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=BBC+America+Newsletter_2013-08-21

David Tennant talks about filing the 50th. Unless he is staying quite it looks as if it is just the Doctor and Rose from the past. It does seem that they had fun doing the show. The same post on the 1963 page has almost 200 replys. This page seem almost dead.

archangelwho

[48]Sep 14, 2013

Thanks to dcpgaus for this link: http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/13/former-doctor-peter-davison-confirms-doctor-who-50th-anniversary-involvement-3991018/
    It looks as if Peter Davison will have some part in the 50th show.

steamheaduk

[49]Sep 14, 2013

archangelwho wrote:

Thanks to dcpgaus for this link: http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/13/former-doctor-peter-davison-confirms-doctor-who-50th-anniversary-involvement-3991018/
    It looks as if Peter Davison will have some part in the 50th show.

I've heard this from various sources, but if you look carefully at what he says, he very specifically makes it clear he's doing something FOR the 50th Anniversary, but not necessarily in the 50th Anniversary episode itself. From Waaaayyyy back when the early talks of the 50th celebration was mooted there were discussions that as well as a 50th Special, there would be "other" snippets, either as Webisodes or Prequels. Moffatt has frequently used the term "specials" plural.

There's been a lot of activity in Cardiff that doesn't involve Matt. The TARDIS set tours were closed off at the end of August, yet Matt has only just started filming again. Frazer Hines made an appearance at the Experience recently, but it wasn't pre-announced as far as I'm aware. You'd think if he was turning up to promote the Experience they'd have made a big deal in advance, so I suspect he turned up to do some filming and then put in the Experience appearance as an alibi for being in Cardiff.

So I suspect we will be getting various "snippets" leading up to the 50th.

archangelwho

[50]Sep 14, 2013

They do seem to be able to keep things from getting. I guess it will be a wait and see and hope.

archangelwho

[51]Nov 8, 2013

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2013/nov/02/terry-pratchett-doctor-who This is a very nice read.

steamheaduk

[52]Nov 10, 2013

Night of the Doctor (7 minute minisode) to go live on the BBC red button service from 16th of November.

It apparently features just 1 of the Doctors from Day of the Doctor, but sources won't confirm which, or that it includes only 1 Doctor - make of that what you will.

archangelwho

[53]Nov 24, 2013

Well now that the 8th anniversary story has come and thankfully gone what did you think?

steamheaduk

[54]Nov 25, 2013

archangelwho wrote:

Well now that the 8th anniversary story has come and thankfully gone what did you think?

Which one was the 8th Anniversary episode? I think I must have missed it.

jwgrlrrajn

[55]Nov 29, 2013
    • level: 23
    archangelwho wrote:

Evidently, you didn't think too much of it, judging by your post. I am, however, curious as to why.

archangelwho

[56]Jan 12, 2014

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    archangelwho wrote:

Evidently, you didn't think too much of it, judging by your post. I am, however, curious as to why.

I had not watched it until last night. Based on what I had read elsewhere I just wanted to knowhow the people here felt before I put out any money. We have Netflix. I did pick it up while Christmas shopping and had planned to watch it the next teacher work day but my goddaughter wanted to watch it last night so I did. I may need to rewatch it I missed a few lines while getting my 6 years old daughter to sleep. The green eye monster bites her every time Doctor Who is on. 1st it was a major disappointment because it was not what I wanted but neither is my paycheck. I pay my bills and on a good week I have a little left over and a disappointing Doctor Who is better than most things on TV. As far the story I'm very glad Rose did not return. I don't think I could have dealt with another sick puppy love sick Doctor/Rose story. I think it was a great way to get Billie Piper in the story. I just wish they had found a way to get someolder companions in. The story was good, not great but no bad. Of the Smith or Tennant stories I wouldput it in the middle for both. It did answer some questions but it just seem rushed. You would think having at the least 3 years to plan for this, Matt Smithwas asked when he took the role how long do he think he will do it and he said at least though the 50th anniversary. It was almost as if they went at it with the we got to do something for the 50th so let's get it over with as fast as we can. And I don't want to hear about this actor dropped out, this season wasbroken into 2 parts or that episode ran over 5 munutes. They had enough time and money to do it right. I did like John Hurt and hope to see more of his stories. I think Smith and Tennant worked well together and would not mind seeing them together again. At least they allowed Tom Baker a part, thiugh I don't believe as the Doctor but as an old curator. Again not what I wanted but it was a crumb which I had stated in another post that was all theold fans was going to get. I just wish we had gotten a few more crumbs rather than some old pictures and TV clips that you could not really seeor hear. As I said overall it was good. I will watch it again and suggest to others who have nor seen it to watch it.

Go to this link for an uplifting story about the passing of a young Doctor Who fan. Sad but also an uplifting message for the rest of us. http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/12-year-old-dies-unexpectedly--leaves-amazing-letter-to-her-adult-self-191637567.html

Edited on 01/12/2014 12:40pm

archangelwho

[57]Mar 11, 2014

Please forgive me for bring this up but it has been2 months since anyone posted here. I did not keep this interview because it had been debated over and over here and I had not plan to remark on it. The lack of any new posts has force my hand so those of us leftplease forgive me. Do you feel that Colin Baker has an argument when he said that including Tom Baker in the 50th show and not the rest of the actors who palyed the Doctorwas disrespecting the rest?

Edited on 03/11/2014 5:53pm

jwgrlrrajn

[58]Mar 28, 2014
    • level: 23
    Not necessarily. Considering Tom Baker wasn't playing 4th, but rather an unknown future Doctor, this was really more of a fanservice thing than anything else. I think adding more Doctors to the mix would have been too difficult to write without overcrowding things.

archangelwho

[59]Apr 3, 2014

Watching the extras from the DVD of "THe Time od the Doctor" it seems that Smith & Tennant really had a great time and enjoied working together. I know from the "Five Doctor" as well as the "Three Doctor" and "THe Two Doctor" that everytime more than one Doctor is in a stories all the actors seem to have a great time and really work well together. I have read in later years after Tom Baker stopped poutinghestated that heregretted not taking part in "The Fiver Doctors". Does any one think that in the years to come Eccleston will regret not taking part in the 50th?

dragon22a

[60]Apr 4, 2014
    • level: 32
    While the 9th Doctor might not be my favorite, I certainly hope that one day Eccleston will take part in some sort of reunion even if it is just a single scene for charity like Peter Davidson did with Time Crash. Right now he seems set on distancing himself from the role and didn't even take part in the Doctors Revisited special for the 9th Doctor. Like you said though Baker was the same with The Five Doctors before taking part in Dimensions in Time. and now it seems like he looks fondly on his time in the role. Maybe one day Eccleston will feel the same.