Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaIn Season

50th Anniversary

50th Anniversary

archangelwho

[61]Apr 4, 2014
    • level: 18

dragon22a wrote:
    While the 9th Doctor might not be my favorite, I certainly hope that one day Eccleston will take part in some sort of reunion even if it is just a single scene for charity like Peter Davidson did with Time Crash. Right now he seems set on distancing himself from the role and didn't even take part in the Doctors Revisited special for the 9th Doctor. Like you said though Baker was the same with The Five Doctors before taking part in Dimensions in Time. and now it seems like he looks fondly on his time in the role. Maybe one day Eccleston will feel the same.

I can some what understand T. Baker and Eccleston feeling but done of it was the fans fault. If nothing else the Doctor Who fans has kept these actors in the light after everyone else has forgotten them. I know when T. Baker came to the US to rebuilt his acting I read the TV listing every week look for any thing he was in and I watched it. Even then he only got two or three roles. It is hard when you go from an international star to not being able to get your calls return. Again it was not the Who fans. And it was the old fans who welcome Ecclecton and lead to him being an international star. He chose to leave after one year not the fans. And as with Baker all would be forgotten if he was to return.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelwho

[62]Jul 13, 2014

Big Finish put out a 50th ann audio drama with T. Baker, Davison, C. Baker, McCoy & McGann. It also has William Russell doing the voice of Hartnell, Frazer Hines doing Troughten (and he does a great Troughten) and Tim Treloar doing Pretwee. There is the Master and 16 past companions. This is what a 50th story should have been.

If you have not read it yet read "Doctor Who A History Celebrating Fifty Years" by Alan Kistler2013 Lyons Press. It is a great book and an easy read.

Edited on 07/14/2014 6:45am

archangelwho

[63]Aug 10, 2014

I got "The Light At The End" in time for my brithday. I have already listen to it twice. It was better the 2nd time. What I have read is correct. Colin Baker is much stronger on the audio. When you go to the episode page there is a question sho was the MVP for this episode. You would have to say Colin Baker. I don't care how old, fat, etc... the actors have gotten this would have made a great TV/DVD story.