Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaIn Season

5x01: The Eleventh Hour (3/4/2010)

  • Avatar of dragon22a

    dragon22a

    [101]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 2,044
    She had 4 therapists because she kept going on about the doctor and the tardis and no one believed her. She kept biting them. Did anyone else notice when the doctor turned off the mini display in the tardis, the reading was off. It looks like the crack is far reaching and that screen is seeing it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thetruesora

    thetruesora

    [102]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 12/13/04
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,286
    That was the point, it showed the crack appearing on his screen and most likely him trying to ignore it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of agriope23

    agriope23

    [103]Apr 9, 2010
    • member since: 02/20/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 27

    I started this episode really, really afraid of what might come my way. Then I realized it's really because of the last six episodes of the show. The storylines were running in a circle of melodrama and predictability. ILOVE David Tennant but I saw why he wanted and had to go and the same with Russell T. Davies.


    I needn't have worried though.The Eleventh Hour was BRILLIANT! It was funny as hell, exciting and very scary (I turned on every light in my apartment 15 minutes in). The new Doctor seems to have shed the drama along with his skin and Amelia Pond's character was brilliantly layered and just plain engaging. Steven ,,Moffat does have a nack forpickinggood names: Sally Sparrow, River Song and now Amelia Pond. Loved all those characters btw.


    Probably too early to get all riled up, but I'm optimistic.When Steven 'Blink' Moffat became the showrunner I was extatic but alittle worried the franchise would mold him rather the other way around. Instead I got a Doctor for a new generation. He and his companion are young and cute, on cellphones and computers. New life, new energy and a brand new TARDIS!


    For balance though, I hated the new credits and his outfit! Burn those pants!


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of carlthejedi

    carlthejedi

    [104]Apr 10, 2010
    • member since: 11/05/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 46

    I just want to make something clear, I've read a few times about a 'possible love triangle with Rory, Amy & Jeff' or that Amy may be Marrying Jeff? Jeff> HerCousin?Although I found it weird that her Aunt now lives in another house while Amy has that whole big house to herself and her cousin and Aunt live in the village center?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thetruesora

    thetruesora

    [105]Apr 10, 2010
    • member since: 12/13/04
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,286
    When did it say Jeff is her cousin?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of doctorWHO69

    doctorWHO69

    [106]Apr 14, 2010
    • member since: 04/21/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,284

    I think when the Doctor dissapears in the newly fixed TARDIS to recharge it with a trip to the moon,or whatever he said,and he is away for 2 years,that there is a reason for that.He claims it is once again an accident,but i dnt think so.


    While he goes,we see a shot of young Amy waiting for him still in the past,and we hear the TARDIS engines,but as far as we are aware.he never went back to her as a child.Which makes me think he did,but perhaps has wiped her memory of it.Im not sure why he would do that,but he also seems to scan her when she first enters the TARDIS with the screen.At least thats how im seeing it.Lol,i could and probably will be entirely wrong,but i just think there is a reason why we never see the Doctor return to young Amy,and why she doesnt appear to remember it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of minisin

    minisin

    [107]Apr 14, 2010
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,246
    doctorWHO69 wrote:

    I think when the Doctor dissapears in the newly fixed TARDIS to recharge it with a trip to the moon,or whatever he said,and he is away for 2 years,that there is a reason for that.He claims it is once again an accident,but i dnt think so.


    While he goes,we see a shot of young Amy waiting for him still in the past,and we hear the TARDIS engines,but as far as we are aware.he never went back to her as a child.Which makes me think he did,but perhaps has wiped her memory of it.Im not sure why he would do that,but he also seems to scan her when she first enters the TARDIS with the screen.At least thats how im seeing it.Lol,i could and probably will be entirely wrong,but i just think there is a reason why we never see the Doctor return to young Amy,and why she doesnt appear to remember it.



    I thought the scene with young Amy hearing the TARDIS noise was a dream, hence why we see her wake up just after that. It's how I read it anyway.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thetruesora

    thetruesora

    [108]Apr 14, 2010
    • member since: 12/13/04
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,286
    I had been wondering about why it showed her again as a child. It being her dreaming does make sense.As when Prisoner Zero tried to disguise as Amy, she could hear the Doctor's voice and so it just became young Amelia and The doctor. She starts to hear the Tardis and dreams of when she was waiting with her suitcase for him before waking up to find him outside.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of doctorWHO69

    doctorWHO69

    [109]Apr 15, 2010
    • member since: 04/21/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,284

    Yeh,i guess it makes sense that Amy couldve been dreaming when she heard the TARDIS,but i dont know.I just have a feeling that there is much more to Amy Pond than we are aware of.Like i said,i could be,and very probably am wrong,but thats my instinct and im sticking to it

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TOCM19

    TOCM19

    [110]Apr 15, 2010
    • member since: 08/30/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,221
    doctorWHO69 wrote:

    Yeh,i guess it makes sense that Amy couldve been dreaming when she heard the TARDIS,but i dont know.I just have a feeling that there is much more to Amy Pond than we are aware of.Like i said,i could be,and very probably am wrong,but thats my instinct and im sticking to it



    Yeah, she's River.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of steamheaduk

    steamheaduk

    [111]Apr 15, 2010
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 4,251
    TOCM19 wrote:
    doctorWHO69 wrote:

    Yeh,i guess it makes sense that Amy couldve been dreaming when she heard the TARDIS,but i dont know.I just have a feeling that there is much more to Amy Pond than we are aware of.Like i said,i could be,and very probably am wrong,but thats my instinct and im sticking to it



    Yeah, she's River.

    Yes because she is so obviously showing signs of being an Astro Archeologist, wanting to change her bone structure, pigmentation, personality, name, acccent and general character. I can see why you would think that
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TOCM19

    TOCM19

    [112]Apr 15, 2010
    • member since: 08/30/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,221
    You laugh now, but you'll see! you'll all see! Mwahahahaha
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of minisin

    minisin

    [113]Apr 15, 2010
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,246
    TOCM19 wrote:
    You laugh now, but you'll see! you'll all see! Mwahahahaha


    I really would like to see your argument as to why you feel this, I just can't see any evidence towards it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shadowspy24

    shadowspy24

    [114]Apr 15, 2010
    • member since: 07/01/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,226
    One thing that bugged me is that the TARDIS regenerates and completely fixes everything but the chameleon circuit is still broken, why is that?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thetruesora

    thetruesora

    [115]Apr 15, 2010
    • member since: 12/13/04
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,286
    The chameleon circuit is part of the outside when it's "fixing everything inside" meant tidying up and switching to a new "control room". As evident from him being alot longer than 5 minutes returning to Amelia he doesn't have any better control with when the Tardis goes, it just sorted out it's rooms putting everything back where it was. Atleast that's how I saw it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TOCM19

    TOCM19

    [116]Apr 15, 2010
    • member since: 08/30/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,221
    minisin wrote:
    TOCM19 wrote:
    You laugh now, but you'll see! you'll all see! Mwahahahaha


    I really would like to see your argument as to why you feel this, I just can't see any evidence towards it.


    There's nothing stong, it's just about the paralells I saw with the Doctor and River and Clare and Henry in the time travellers wife, i've said this on other threads.

    I also really feel like since it was Moffat that wrote River in, he had a bigger plan in mind. The Doctor had to meet River somewhere and I don't think it's Steve's plan to have all that off screen. The Doctor rarely connects with anyone more closely that his companions and we are pretty sure that the Doctor and River will be married (and that's close) so it's fair to assume that she's going to be a companion. And given that Moffat cast someone so young to be The Doctor makes his connection with Amy feel a bit more grounded.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of minisin

    minisin

    [117]Apr 15, 2010
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,246
    TOCM19 wrote:
    minisin wrote:
    TOCM19 wrote:
    You laugh now, but you'll see! you'll all see! Mwahahahaha


    I really would like to see your argument as to why you feel this, I just can't see any evidence towards it.


    There's nothing stong, it's just about the paralells I saw with the Doctor and River and Clare and Henry in the time travellers wife, i've said this on other threads.

    I also really feel like since it was Moffat that wrote River in, he had a bigger plan in mind. The Doctor had to meet River somewhere and I don't think it's Steve's plan to have all that off screen. The Doctor rarely connects with anyone more closely that his companions and we are pretty sure that the Doctor and River will be married (and that's close) so it's fair to assume that she's going to be a companion. And given that Moffat cast someone so young to be The Doctor makes his connection with Amy feel a bit more grounded.


    I can go for that. I don't want it to happen, but I wouldn't be devistated if it did. I'd much rather see River have her own origin story and such.

    If they let the story spread out over a couple of years I'd be happy, as long as it isn't all done during this series.

    Also, on an unrelated note in connection to this episode.
    The Daily Mirror (my parents choice, not mine I assure you) has photos of the coloured Daleks, its not the best of photos (shadows and such) but the eye stalks look almost free timewar. We shall see how this one unfolds.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TOCM19

    TOCM19

    [118]Apr 15, 2010
    • member since: 08/30/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,221
    minisin wrote:
    its not the best of photos (shadows and such) but the eye stalks look almost free timewar. We shall see how this one unfolds.


    did you mean pre timewar?

    I rember deffiantely seeing Dalkes in a trailer for this series that looked retro, hence me saying it about the ones in ep 3. Steamy pointed out that they are just a different colour, but i could've sworn I saw and old looking one, I'll see if i can dig out the picture.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of minisin

    minisin

    [119]Apr 15, 2010
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,246

    TOCM19 wrote:
    minisin wrote:
    its not the best of photos (shadows and such) but the eye stalks look almost free timewar. We shall see how this one unfolds.
    did you mean pre timewar? I rember deffiantely seeing Dalkes in a trailer for this series that looked retro, hence me saying it about the ones in ep 3. Steamy pointed out that they are just a different colour, but i could've sworn I saw and old looking one, I'll see if i can dig out the picture.
    Yes I do, and this is indeed the wrong topic isn't it? Not having an all together good day, and it seems to have spread onto here I shall see what photos I can find.



    Edit- Found the photo. http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/04/15/doctor-hue-115875-22187153/


    Do indeed have special eyes stalks.

    Edited on 04/15/2010 11:34am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MadamStacey

    MadamStacey

    [120]Dec 21, 2011
    • member since: 12/22/11
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 24

    Oh I loved this episode. I thought Amy was pretty stupid for telling everyone about the Doctor though, of course they all thought she was insane.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.