Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaIn Season

6x12: Closing Time (24/09/2011) [Spoilers]

PsyduckRanger

[61]Oct 2, 2011
    • level: 20
    There's been a thread for The Wedding of River Song since Wednesday.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kanniballl

[62]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 18

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    Not to mention, in JLU, John Stewart saw the future where he and Shayera had a son together, but when he got back to the past, he refused to be destiny's puppet.

That's what he said, but that's not to say that he and Shayera didn't eventually get back together. After all, Batman Beyond is still part of the old DCAU cannon and there's still a Warhawk existed in Epiloguewhich was way after the time travel arc.

In comics the future isn't set in stone, I'm just saying that just because he said that to Bruce it doesn't mean that's what happened. Didn't they get a little affectionate in the near-final episode describing Shayera's past life?

jwgrlrrajn

[63]Nov 15, 2011
    • level: 23
    My post was meant to show how some people don't just give in to destiny. Melody was already having doubts about what she was doing, and seeing herself as River--a person the Doctor cares about very deeply, despite her trying to kill him--just gave her that little extra nudge she needed.

With John, he was trying to move on from Shayera, but then he saw the future where the two of them had a son together; however, he needed more convincing than the whole "because destiny said so" thing.

So, Melody already had enough doubt to where seeing her destiny made the decision easy, whereas John might have had some doubt, but not enough to where seeing his destiny could change his mind.

archangelwho

[64]Apr 7, 2012
    • level: 18

TOCM19 wrote:
    I mean the cyber man converson being beaten by craigs magic head.

The Cyberamn was beaten by a father's love for his child not a magic head. As a father I found this one of the nicer ending. Don't mess with Dad when his child is crying!!!