Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaBetween Seasons

Amy or Rose?

jwgrlrrajn

[41]Aug 23, 2010
    • level: 23
    PsyduckRanger wrote:
    No precedent? Right, apart from her obsessing over him for 14 years, two thirds of her life, traveling through time and space with him, willingly running away with a man on her wedding night, seeing what he can do, seeing him save people, and being shown on screen as wanting to see him naked? Right, no precedent, of course.

Oops, forgot about that. I must have blocked it out of my mind. I don't know then, I guess something about her just rubs me the wrong way.

Although, I guess I can see your point about Rose. Personally, I blame the writers for not dropping a bus on... I mean, not putting Mickey on a bus sooner than that, but it happened the way it happened, and now we have to deal with it. Seriously though, I never liked Mickey's character, I think what did it for me was him telling Rose not to read his e-mails in the first episode, and the first thought that went through my head was, "Why not? You got something to hide?" Maybe Rose thought the same thing? Still doesn't explain her behavior later on, but whatever.

Oh, forget it. People are going to like who they like, and no amount of persuasion is going to truly change their minds. I guess the reason I like Rose is because she was the first companion I saw on the show, same reason I have a certain fondness for Ninth, even though he's not exactly considered the number one Doctor of all time. (darn nostalgia filters) Hmm, now I wonder if there's people who like Sixth for the same reason...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rhodeschroma

[42]Aug 23, 2010
    • level: 1

I enjoyed Rose, but I can see Amy as a more versatile companion. I could see her with ninth and it being a blast as much as she is a great match for tenth. I agree with previous post about martha - could've been much more interesting if played with some more range.

Edited on 08/23/2010 9:47pm
    Edited 2 total times.

belial_77

[43]Aug 24, 2010
    • level: 17

Amy, NO DOUBT.

1. Better written character.
    2. Waaaaaaaay hawter.
    3. Her romance w/ the Doctor was understandable and not just some blatant "Canon Sue" crap.
    4. She actually grew to understand her relationship w/ the Doctor is something other then REAL romance (fantasy, yes. Physical attraction, yes. romantic "love, NO).
    5. Rory is awesome and she actually saw that, as opposed the selfish, immature Rose who snubbed the nearly as awesome Mickey. Rickey... wait no, Mickey.
    6. Did I mention how hawt Amy is compared to the monkey-faced chav?

starfire2_2

[44]Aug 24, 2010
    • level: 12

I like them both for diffrent reasons. Amy works well with 11 and I got into the show because space started playing seasom 5 but i also love Rose.She worked with both 9 and 10. AndI can see her with 11. Pluss I heard a rummer that Billie Piper was caute filming with Matt Smith so we might see Rose back for christmas or season 6.

Althought my favrite person is River.

majken1974

[45]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 21

starfire2_2 wrote:

I like them both for diffrent reasons. Amy works well with 11 and I got into the show because space started playing seasom 5 but i also love Rose.She worked with both 9 and 10. AndI can see her with 11. Pluss I heard a rummer that Billie Piper was caute filming with Matt Smith so we might see Rose back for christmas or season 6.

Althought my favrite person is River.

Dear gods no, if Rose returns one more time -even as a memory I'm out

PsyduckRanger

[46]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 20
    Fortunately, Moffat isn't as thick as RTD. Not only is he not having the show as interconnected, with older characters showing up in every other episode, but he knows Rose has been done to death by now, and bringing her back at every available opportunity messes both with continuity and the emotion of her departure.

They've worked together before, in The Ruby in the Smoke and Secret Diary of a Call Girl, but not now. Anything you're hearing about them recently is more likely to do with a fairly recent obsession some people have had that they might have been going out four years ago. That's all.

thetruesora

[47]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 22
    I think I read they were both in the like "VIP" area for a recent concert. They weren't doing any filming there for DW though.

MelissaSchwolow

[48]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 6

I gotta say Rose... I loved her so much, and seemed to have some sort of connection with the character, like I can actually place myself in Rose's shoes and feel exactly what she feels at any given moment... Probably because we seem to have a lot in common!

Princess_Pinky

[49]Aug 27, 2010
    • level: 11

I thoroughly despise Rose and I've adored Amy since the second she set foot on screen, so I guess that answers that question.

River Song still blowsall othersout of the water, though. (Though Jenny's relationship with Ten comes in very closely behind River. I so wish they'd bring her back to meet Eleven and maybe even become his companion after Amy and Rory go back to their lives.)

Edited on 08/27/2010 4:25pm
    Edited 2 total times.

RoseTylerFan

[50]Jan 8, 2011
    • level: 1

Rose!

FranVanster

[51]Jan 9, 2011
    • level: 15
    Definitely Amy.
    The thing that makes me unlike the companions are their love for the Doctor. And because of that, I can't stand Marta and Rose lost the first place.

Cal747

[52]Jan 10, 2011
    • level: 2

Amy hands down. I grew tired of Rose rather quickly because to me her character seemed repetitive and annoying. I loved Amy from her first episode and I thought that her introduction was amazing. I also liked Martha and Donna.

RandomAussie2

[53]Jan 15, 2011
    • level: 4
    Waaay too different. C'mon Rose fans, The Doctor has to move on at some point and find a new girl. Anyway, shouldn't this thread be called 'Rose or Queen Elisabeth or Amy?' :grin:

jwgrlrrajn

[54]Jan 15, 2011
    • level: 23
    Hey, you can't forget River.

RandomAussie2

[55]Jan 15, 2011
    Ah, yes. But maybe he's heart truly lies with Cameca! :laughs:

thetruesora

[56]Jan 17, 2011
    • level: 22
    as of the christmas special Marilyn should be included too.

steamheaduk

[57]Jan 17, 2011
    • level: 20
    RandomAussie2 wrote:
    Ah, yes. But maybe he's heart truly lies with Cameca! :laughs:

Yes but in her case he only lusted after her Hot Chocolate. It was just unfortunate that had a whole other meaning in Aztec society.

RandomAussie2

[58]Jan 19, 2011
    If memeory serves, he does seem to miss her quite a bit - oh hang on, that might only have been the novelisation. Remember now. He's very grateful for all her help in the TV version and feels bad for leaving her, but in the novel, he does develop some feelings for her and seems relecutant to leave her.

chameleonic1

[59]Jan 19, 2011
    • level: 13
    Hand_of_Omega wrote:

Yes Amy goes all the way to 11 :-D

Yeah out of 100.

Loved Wilf.

I liked Martha the best, then Rose. Amy is barely passable.

I cant stand Donna or Rory.

carlthejedi

[60]Mar 19, 2011
    • level: 8

Myfavoritecompanions will always be Ace, because she was 'wicked' and Tegan just as my favorite Doctor will always be 5. They were part of my childhood and how I came to know the show (I really loved Ghost Light, and any Rose fans should watch 7 with Ace and yourealize, Sophie Aldred did it first).

However I really like Amy. She has the fight of Tegan, the inner strength of Ace, the looks of Zoe (but taller) and is travelling with her husband like Barbara! Rose was just a poor mans Ace - couldn't even mix anexplosive!