Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaIn Season

Best Doctor Who story/ worst Doctor Who story.

archangelwho

[1]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 18

Just finished series 4. Yes I know but with 6 & 4 years old and an 18 months old plus church, work, yard etc... I have not had the time.

I would have to say that "The Stolen Earth"/"Journey's End" has been by far the best. Where as the Master's story was the worst one.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ArielManto

[2]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 4

I think the worst episode so far was "Love & Monsters". The idea was basically great to focus on different characters and it actually worked on "Blink" very well, but this one just didn't have the right story and energy.

For me, the best episodes were "The parting of the ways" and "Doomsday". Although they are both very sad, I could watch them again and again!

Auxtran

[3]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 11
    My favorite episode so far has to be "Blink" Just genius on so many levels. Silver medal goes to "Dalek"

Worst episode has to be "Unicorn and the Wasp" Boring, and very silly.

Kalel18

[4]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 11

Best: "The Girl in the Fireplace" To watch someone grow from chilhood to adulthood in the space of a day (from the Doctors perspective), to fall in love with that person, yet loose her in the end because you returned too late, even with the Tardis at your disposal. Hearbreaking!

Honorable mention: "School Reunion" Not the greatest plot, but so cool hooking up with Sarah Jane after so many years, even if just briefly.

Worst: "The Unicorn and the Wasp" Dumb!

archangelwho

[5]Jun 5, 2009
    Auxtran wrote:
    My favorite episode so far has to be "Blink" Just genius on so many levels. Silver medal goes to "Dalek"

Worst episode has to be "Unicorn and the Wasp" Boring, and very silly.

Yes "Unicorn and the Wasp" was boring and not that good (2nd on my worst list). I just felt the Master could have been done better. I'm still not sure what they were trying to do. The Doctor growing old and then people thinking him young?

ContinuumVortex

[6]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 15

more like using their psychic energy in the arch angel network to help him which is why martha travelled the earth telling everyone of the doctor, did you even watch it properly? its RTD's fancy of deifying the doctor it was effectively everyone praying to him. As well as the xmas episode with the angels. I liked the master but as an athiest i dont like all the god references in this arch.

so far as my best and worst love and monsters worste blink my best

SimGD

[7]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 8

Best I'd say was the Human Nature/Family of Blood two parter - Good balance of actual story and real fear/danger. Very well written (very clearly why, it being from a novel).

Second best I would personally say was Utopia, the 1st (and only the 1st) of the Master 3-parter. Oh if only Derek Jacobi could have stayed the master and not John bloody Simm and his heads in balls.

Worst episode award goes to 42, done on the cheap with the same set/props/everything from Impossible Planet/Satan Pit, and the most boring story ever. Just couldn't get involved.

Second worst would be the the other 2 of the master cycle, with pointless 'modern' music, the Doctor monkey CG dreadfulness and the worldwide love-in Deux ex Machina.

Done.

dragon22a

[8]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 32
    best: Human Nature/Family of Blood, honorable mention goes to the Master Trilogy, worst was love and monsters.

hot_babe101

[9]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 13

I love the episode blink and The Shakespeare Code i fully love those episodes umm the worst probably 42 and Human nature/The family of blood

i reallly hate those 3

vicbjones

[10]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 12
    ArielManto wrote:

I think the worst episode so far was "Love & Monsters". The idea was basically great to focus on different characters and it actually worked on "Blink" very well, but this one just didn't have the right story and energy.

For me, the best episodes were "The parting of the ways" and "Doomsday". Although they are both very sad, I could watch them again and again!

I'm not sure about "energy," but in all other respects, I feel the same way about "Love & Monsters" and "Blink": same premise, but night and day in efficacy of execution.

My favorite is probably "The Impossible Planet," which gave the creeps toward the middle, and my least favorite is probably "Love and Monsters."

belial_77

[11]Jun 9, 2009
    • level: 17

Worst: Love & Monsters and Voyage of the Damned

Best: Hard to say... "Dalek" and "Empty Child"... and pretty much any w/ Capn' Jack or Donna...

archangelwho

[12]Jun 13, 2009
    a
    SimGD wrote:

Best I'd say was the Human Nature/Family of Blood two parter - Good balance of actual story and real fear/danger. Very well written (very clearly why, it being from a novel).

Second best I would personally say was Utopia, the 1st (and only the 1st) of the Master 3-parter. Oh if only Derek Jacobi could have stayed the master and not John bloody Simm and his heads in balls.

Worst episode award goes to 42, done on the cheap with the same set/props/everything from Impossible Planet/Satan Pit, and the most boring story ever. Just couldn't get involved.

Second worst would be the the other 2 of the master cycle, with pointless 'modern' music, the Doctor monkey CG dreadfulness and the worldwide love-in Deux ex Machina.

Done.

I agree with the part about Derek Jacobi. I have been a big fan of his over 30 years. He would have made a great Master. The story line could have been that he is on his last time again and trying to meet the end at least one more time while still trying to beat the Doctor. It would also been good for us to fimd out how the over came the last time we saw him with McCoy and the thing with the cats.

happy-days-4-sr

[13]Jun 16, 2009
    • level: 14
    best: utopia/tSoD/LotTL trilogy FTW

worst: 42. Love and monsters. I quite liked Unicorn and the wasp... its like my fifth fave.... :S

GiverSSJ

[14]Jun 17, 2009
    • level: 13
    My favorites were Father's Day where Rose causes a change in time where she saves her father and then ends up watching him die at the end. I also like the Doctor's Daughter too. I also like the End of the World episode from the first season, especially at the end where the "last human" explodes because she didn't get enough mosturizer.

TMMFangirl3000

[15]Jun 19, 2009
    • level: 4
    Heh, yeah, that was kinda funny,

Best episode? I dunno. Blink was definetly the scariest, but I don't know what the best was.

Worst? Love and Monsters. It. Sucked.

Tortured_Mike

[16]Jun 20, 2009
    • level: 9
    Without even a question, the worst has to be "Love and Monsters" or "The Shakespeare Code" with the best being either "Blink" or "Journey's End" (except for the last 10 minutes of boring drama crap)

_Kalex_

[17]Jun 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    I'd say my favourites, in chronological order, are: End of the World, Empty Child/Doctor Dances, School Reunion, Runaway Bride, Human Nature/Family of Blood, Blink, Utopia, Fires of Pompeii, Doctor's Daughter, Midnight, Turn Left, Stolen Earth. My least favourites are Journey's End, Fear Her, Unicorn & the Wasp, Daleks in Manhattan, and especially Shakespeare Code. I feel ambivalent towards Love & Monsters. It wasn't exciting or memorable, but it wasn't that terrible.
    Edited on 06/21/2009 3:55pm

Tortured_Mike

[18]Jun 22, 2009
    • level: 9
    Though I really felt the whole of season 3 (excluding Blink) was a massive let down. The master episodes were just plain ridiculous.

harryathouse

[19]Jun 23, 2009

Best - The Unicorn and the Wasp or The Fires of Pompeii.

TUATW - It was a brilliant episode and fantastic portrayal of Agatha Christie. Good script and story to it and also great connection to the real story of Agatha's disappearance.

TFOP - One of the best scenes in DW history - "Doctor, she is returning."

Worst - The Human Nature/Family of Blood story.

Extreamly confusing and long winded. I understand it now, but it took me a few goes to grasp it. I thought it was a waste of time and could of been avoided.

Overall, I think that series 3 was the worst. I didn't mind Martha, but it was the whole Master story-line I didn't like. It could of been improved a lot.

The best was Series 4. It certainly had the best ending and foreshadowing out of the 4 series's. And I LOVED Donna! She was brilliant.

Rachwhut

[20]Jun 24, 2009
    • level: 6
    Are you guys on crazy pills? I think the Master's 3 eps were among the best. Okay, the ending was a bit rubbish and I couldn't check out the Doctor when he was a crusty old man, but the idea of the master returning, the build up to disaster? Classic bro, classic. Best season - 2 Best episode - girl in the fireplace / The empty child / the doctor dances worst - love and monsters, without a doubt