Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaBetween Seasons

Best Doctor Who story/ worst Doctor Who story.

archangelwho

[21]Jun 24, 2009
    • level: 18
    Tortured_Mike wrote:
    Though I really felt the whole of season 3 (excluding Blink) was a massive let down. The master episodes were just plain ridiculous.
    I could not agree more about the Master. I hear that the Master will return this season. I hope they make up for one of the most ridiculous episode of any of the Doctor Who old or new.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tortured_Mike

[22]Jun 24, 2009
    • level: 9
    archangelwho wrote:
    Tortured_Mike wrote:
    Though I really felt the whole of season 3 (excluding Blink) was a massive let down. The master episodes were just plain ridiculous.
    I could not agree more about the Master. I hear that the Master will return this season. I hope they make up for one of the most ridiculous episode of any of the Doctor Who old or new.
    That finale with the new "master" had me thinking A) What the hell is this??!! and B) Who the hell is this cos it sure as hell isn't the master!

steamheaduk

[23]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 19
    Tortured_Mike wrote:
    That finale with the new "master" had me thinking A) What the hell is this??!! and B) Who the hell is this cos it sure as hell isn't the master!

Of the Master Episodes I thought the first two were fantastic, but the third a major disappointment, disjointed, badly written and the CGI Prune Who was awful. So A I agree with.

However, B, I'd have to say he wasn't the Master in as much Patrick Troughton wasn't William Hartnell. I found the new Master a refreshing change. With every new Doctor we got a quite different personality, bringing new angles to the character. I have to say that with the Master, it always irked me that every incarnation was the same "Arch Villain" persona. To see John Simm still play a nasty evil character, but with a completely unhinged aspect and with a smile, to me made a refreshing change, that Anthony Ainley didn't, as he seemed to just copy Delgado's performance.

coolcatkid

[24]Jun 30, 2009
    • level: 8
    The best was Dalek the worst was love and monsters . If we are just talking about the new Dr and not including classic Dr Who as the Five Doctors is still the best there ever was of both new and old

archangelwho

[25]Jul 4, 2009
    d
    steamheaduk wrote:
    Tortured_Mike wrote:
    Of the Master Episodes I thought the first two were fantastic, but the third a major disappointment, disjointed, badly written and the CGI Prune Who was awful. So A I agree with. However, B, I'd have to say he wasn't the Master in as much Patrick Troughton wasn't William Hartnell. I found the new Master a refreshing change. With every new Doctor we got a quite different personality, bringing new angles to the character. I have to say that with the Master, it always irked me that every incarnation was the same "Arch Villain" persona. To see John Simm still play a nasty evil character, but with a completely unhinged aspect and with a smile, to me made a refreshing change, that Anthony Ainley didn't, as he seemed to just copy Delgado's performance.
    I agree. I had never understood why the Doctor changed so greatly and the Master never did.

PinderPower

[26]Jul 5, 2009
    • level: 13
    i loved the whole of series 4!!!

Best two parter-The Stolen earth/Journey's End!! so fantastic and epic yet heartwrenching too, sci-fi genius that cannot be topped.

also love Silence in the library/Forest of the dead & The Empty child/Doctor Dances !!

best single episode- Turn left & Blink, both electrifying and eerie episodes that benefited from being a Doctor lite episode, both sheer classics.

worst two parter- Return of the cybermen/Age of Steel & The Ary of ghosts/Doomsday i don't like these episodes as much to be honest, they weren't epic enough and weren't at all as epic as i wanted them to be for the return of classic foes of the series.

worst single-Fear her i just watched the one time, haven't seen it again.

forza_rossoneri

[27]Jul 6, 2009
    • level: 3

For me, my favourite episodes would consist of Dalek, The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, The Parting of the Ways, The Girl in the Fireplace, The Impossible Planet/The Satan's Pit, Human Nature/Family of Blood, Blink, Utopia, Midnight.

'Honourable Mentions' would include End of the World, The Christmas Invasion, School Reunion, Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel, Army of Ghosts/Doomsday, The Sound of Drums, Partners in Crime, Planet of the Ood, The Sontaran Strategem/The Poison Sky and the Doctor's Daughter.

However, on the other end of the scale, my least favourite episodes would include The Idiot's Lantern, Fear Her, Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks, The Lazarus Experiment, The Fires of Pompeii.

The rest would fit somewhere between the honourable mentions and least favourite episodes.

archangelwho

[28]Jul 6, 2009

PinderPower wrote:
    i loved the whole of series 4!!! Best two parter-The Stolen earth/Journey's End!! so fantastic and epic yet heartwrenching too, sci-fi genius that cannot be topped. also love Silence in the library/Forest of the dead & The Empty child/Doctor Dances !! best single episode- Turn left & Blink, both electrifying and eerie episodes that benefited from being a Doctor lite episode, both sheer classics. worst two parter- Return of the cybermen/Age of Steel & The Ary of ghosts/Doomsday i don't like these episodes as much to be honest, they weren't epic enough and weren't at all as epic as i wanted them to be for the return of classic foes of the series. worst single-Fear her i just watched the one time, haven't seen it again.

Army of Ghosts was bad and would be in my bottom 5.

Nordan123

[29]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 6

Best: Blink (I've seen it at least 10 times and it still sends shivers down my spine).

Worst: The unicorn and the wasp.

dragon22a

[30]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 32
    I think the best in terms of writing and acting was Midnight. Despite not really having too much in terms of action, it was one of the more scary episodes.

archangelwho

[31]Dec 8, 2011

dragon22a wrote:
    I think the best in terms of writing and acting was Midnight. Despite not really having too much in terms of action, it was one of the more scary episodes.

Midnight is one of those very few stories that I would have liked to seen all 11 Doctors do.

jekyll

[32]Dec 15, 2011
    • level: 86

Best: "Turn Left" anyonestill doubting Catherine Tate's place on the show had their concerns wiped away by episode's end

Worst: That awful Daleks in 30's NYC two-parter. A bad idea, the 'human Dalek' was a cringeworthy return to terrible effects, and that it's two parts makes it all the worse. When I go through my DVDs and Blu-rays, I just skip this story.

archangelwho

[33]Dec 15, 2011

When I started this I had seen up though season 4. I have a new best "A Christmas Carol" Matt Smith made the statement that he is the Doctor. My worst are still the Master stories.