Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaBetween Seasons

Clara Oswin Oswald

sinjaceheroes

[1]Apr 2, 2013
    • level: 14

Hey, so, thoughts on how her story's gonna play out?

Just now I was prompted to make this because I realized that 'suddenly' Clara became a super genius in all things computer, and the fact that it keeps being emphasized that she is the 'girl who has died twice'--and every single of the Doctor's companions either dies or gets separated, so she can't die thrice, that would ruin her awesome nickname.

So, me thinks this present Clara with the Doctor, and Oswin Oswald in Asylum of the Daleks is the one and the same. In Asylum, she used her super brain computer skills to hack basically the whole of the Dalek planet with ease, so much so that it surprised the Doctor and the Daleks themselves. The Daleks said she was chosen as she was smart, well above normal. And odd enough, she doesn't have her first name in Asylum. And Names are a big thing in this show, apparently.

So, I believe in the end, she will lose her memories/get a fake set in her head, and join the Alaska crew to see the Universe. Again, foreshadowing being done in Bells with her passion for travelling. As time travelling back to Earth will be impossible once she is taken from the Doctor--and her memories are gone, Im guessing she will choose to see the universe in the time she is stuck in.

EDIT: 'Run you clever boy, and remember--" In Asylum, just as she is about to kill the Doctor, Oswin stops and smiles, saying 'remember me. remember.' Then she smiles again, as if she finally remembered something important. Most of us thought that she just 'remembered she was human' but now I'm guessing she remembered who she was and remembered the Doctor, thus erasing his existence from the Dalek database, as the Doctor may have told her a doppleganger of hers did in his past. And as Amy did for the Doctor, the Doctor will remember her and bring her back into existence. Thus ending their saga. And off to the next one.

Edited on 04/02/2013 6:52pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

steamheaduk

[2]Apr 3, 2013
    • level: 19

What intrigues me are the missing ages in the front of the 101 places to visit book.

sinjaceheroes

[3]Apr 5, 2013
    • level: 14

steamheaduk wrote:

What intrigues me are the missing ages in the front of the 101 places to visit book.

I didn't even realize there were missing pages..! Hmm.

steamheaduk

[4]Apr 6, 2013

sinjaceheroes wrote:

steamheaduk wrote:

I didn't even realize there were missing pages..! Hmm.

Missing ages, not pages. In the list of crossed out ages at the front of the book, it starts at age 9 and runs till 24, but there is no 16 and no 23. Why did she not update her age in the book those two years?

meramax

[5]Apr 9, 2013
    • level: 11

I did not realize that there was to missing ages either from her book interesting. Two previous incarnations and two ages missing from her book nice, mystery behind Clara.

steamheaduk

[6]Apr 11, 2013

Also apparently her birthday being on the 23rd of November is not a coincidence

dragon22a

[7]Apr 19, 2013
    • level: 32

16 was the year her mother died, 23 was the year the mother of the kids she cares for, whom she was close to, died.

I think that Clara is tied to the Great Intelligence somehow. Both the Clara in the past and the Clara in the present were involved in an attack by the Great Intelligence and I think that it is possible that Oswin's starliner was crashed by the Great Intelligence to gain access to the Dalek's nano technology.

The question is whether the mystery will play out in the current season or whether it will play out next season after the 50th anniversary special.