Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaBetween Seasons

Clara the impossible companion.

archangelwho

[1]Aug 28, 2014
    • level: 19

I have never understood what they planned to do with Clara and after watching the season opening story I'm not sure if the production team know what they are doing with Clara. It is one thing to disregard the storylines from the past but to disregard your own storyline? If any companion understood regeneration other than Romana it would be Clara. She not only seen all of the Doctor's past lives but she had interacted with them all. I did not understand to whole storyline. Was it that bad or did I miss something? I may have to rewatch it when I'm alone but not sure if it will be anytime soon.

Edited on 10/02/2014 2:41pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

steamheaduk

[2]Aug 29, 2014

I have to say I never really saw it as she didn't understand it, just that she didn't like it.

Yes she'd seen all the other versions of the Doctor, but the one she got to know was Matt's version, and it was fairly upsetting that effectively she saw him die and get replaced with somebody she didn't know.

It's not that much different to being at work. You KNOW that all of the jobs around you have at some point had different people in those roles but you get to know all of those around you and get accustomed to them. Then, inevitably somebody leaves, gets fired or even dies and you don't like it, you want to get them back, even though in your heart of hearts that's not going to happen.

Dunking_dove

[3]Aug 29, 2014
    • level: 5

steamheaduk wrote:

I have to say I never really saw it as she didn't understand it, just that she didn't like it.

Yes she'd seen all the other versions of the Doctor, but the one she got to know was Matt's version, and it was fairly upsetting that effectively she saw him die and get replaced with somebody she didn't know.

It's not that much different to being at work. You KNOW that all of the jobs around you have at some point had different people in those roles but you get to know all of those around you and get accustomed to them. Then, inevitably somebody leaves, gets fired or even dies and you don't like it, you want to get them back, even though in your heart of hearts that's not going to happen.

Excellent reply.

archangelwho

[4]Aug 30, 2014

As I have said in the past I do watch Tv with 3 young kids running around so I do miss things from time to time but Clara seem lost, confused, and show a lack of understanding. It seem much deeper than the replacement of a co-worker or the lost of a hope for lover. I will rewatch but it may be when the DVD comes out.

archangelwho

[5]Oct 2, 2014

It is as if they never knew who or what they want Clara to be. She will goes now as one of the worst companions of all time thinks to how they have handled her. There was so much that they could have done with her.

Yaspaa

[6]Dec 26, 2014
    • level: 79
    I've got 2 kids running around and I can't take in anything properly. Watch alone, mate.