Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaBetween Seasons

Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock

chaos_789

[1]Dec 9, 2011
    • level: 2

That's the title of the doctor who game, which is going to be for both the PS3 and PS vita, they are being very secretive about the game, hardly any info has been released, they did release a teaser trailer, but it shows nothing, here is the link to the article on the playstation blog http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/09/doctor-who-the-eternity-clock-coming-to-ps3-and-ps-vita/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=doctor-who-the-eternity-clock-coming-to-ps3-and-ps-vita What are your thoughts on this project?

One thing that is known from the trailer is you hear matt smiths voice in it, and I think the other voice was the actress who plays river song.

Edited on 12/09/2011 11:37am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thetruesora

[2]Dec 9, 2011
    • level: 22
    yeh i saw the teaser trailer after being linked to it by the DW facebook page. YAY FOR RIVER hopefully this will count as a major adventure they had together and show why they are so important to each other (while not making River seem like a Mary-sue like some people call her).

chaos_789

[3]Dec 12, 2011
    Ya, they could do that since we probly won't see all the river adventures. I wonder when it will come out though, I also wonder what type of game would it be.

chaos_789

[4]Jan 23, 2012
    here's an update on the game, first it is cannon to the tv series, the cast and crew of doctor who was involved in this game, it is set to come out in March, a trailer was released today, you can check it out and the full article here http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/23/creating-monsters-for-doctor-who-the-eternity-clock/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+%28PlayStation.Blog%29

steamheaduk

[5]Jan 25, 2012
    • level: 19
    It always amazes me how many times derivative works from Doctor Who are promoted as "Canon" when what they really mean is it follows the series and doesn't break any rules. It's almost as if they think saying it's canon will make people use-it/watch-it/read-it because they might be missing out on something important. But you never see a flashback of "Previously on Doctor Who" including something in them, or even get a throwaway reference. The only source the TV show ever seems to really acknowledges as canon is other episodes of the show itself. What they probably mean is "officially sanctioned".

The classic "canon" misfire statement being the promotion of The Scream Of Shalka with Richard E Grant being declared the official Ninth Doctor, yet we never see him in any Doctor flashbacks. But at the time of release it was the genuine article, pukka, canon, future of Doctor Who.