Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaIn Season

Favourite Companion

Who's your favourite Companion?

TRForward

[21]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 8
    Here's your Rosefan!!!!!! I absolutely adore Rose. I think she is better than Donna and Martha as you really new she loved travelling with him, was the better portrayed, had the knack, like Liz Sladen, for being brave and afraid at the same time and was also the most feisty. ( Yes some would argue that Donna was more). Donna's my second favourite. She was amazing. Then it's Jack( Fit, funny, etc) then Astrid then Martha who i liked but is no contest for Catherine, Billie, John and Kylie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

steamheaduk

[22]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 19
    What amazes me is this time last year this forum was full of doom and gloom and "I'll never watch the show again now Catherine Tate is in it" or words to that effect, and yet Donna has outnumbered each of her rivals over 3 to 1 in the vote now.

What a difference a year makes

TRForward

[23]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 8
    Yes i though that aswell altohugh i couldnt wait for donna to come back!

XsOsOrRyX

[24]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 1
    ROSE!!! I actually liked Donna best as a person, but I only prefer Rose because I thought her and the Doctor were sweet together. Martha was irritating, she just wasn't very interesting. Although I think he should have had Wilf as a companion. I LOVE WILF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iamthelexx

[25]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 18

Donna.

She was "the most important companion ever"

Not at all interested in the Dr in a sexual way, and fun to have around. Donna Donna Donna.

Ballyorca

[26]Nov 18, 2008
    • level: 11

steamheaduk wrote:
    What amazes me is this time last year this forum was full of doom and gloom and "I'll never watch the show again now Catherine Tate is in it" or words to that effect, and yet Donna has outnumbered each of her rivals over 3 to 1 in the vote now. What a difference a year makes

What is the name of that forum and which page is it on?

belial_77

[27]Nov 18, 2008
    • level: 17

steamheaduk wrote:
    What amazes me is this time last year this forum was full of doom and gloom and "I'll never watch the show again now Catherine Tate is in it" or words to that effect, and yet Donna has outnumbered each of her rivals over 3 to 1 in the vote now. What a difference a year makes

Took the words right out of my mouth Steamy...

imo, Donna ranks pretty high even among classic companions. Def in the top 5-10 at least.

steamheaduk

[28]Nov 19, 2008
    • level: 19
    Ballyorca wrote:

steamheaduk wrote:

What is the name of that forum and which page is it on?

Well the name of the forum is "Doctor Who (2005)" (the clue was in the words "this forum")

As for what page is it one, well that depends on what number of rows you have in your preferences for showing on a page. In my case it's on page 50, but I have 50 topics displayed per page, so you'll have to work out what page it is on for you, to read some of the surrounding posts on a similar topic.

The one where the news broke though is New Companion Confirmed *spoilers*. The news is broken on post number 14 of the conversation, and interestingly there is reference to a poll at post number 70 which is quite different from the one here .

Ballyorca

[29]Nov 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    Thanks

jessie_chan

[30]Nov 23, 2008
    • level: 5

I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Catherine Tate show, but I can understand why people might think it's repetitious and not funny, it has a unique sence of humor. But even on that crazy sketch show you can see what an amazing dramatic actress she is. I don't know why people didn't like her on "Runaway bride", she was sooo funny! I think for most people she was a rebound after Rose, and needed to have Martha first and then Donna to really appreciate her.

My new and improved "journey's end" video, please check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO1yEQ5WQ2E

StrangerLight

[31]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 3

A monkey. He should have a monkey. He should travel through time and space with a monkey. Am I serious? Very very close.

jonbgirl

[32]Dec 19, 2008
    MARTHA

wolfsinger73

[33]Dec 19, 2008
    • level: 7
    Hear Hear! - Martha was by far the most intelligent of the companions ... and a likeable one at that!

jonbgirl

[34]Dec 20, 2008
    wolfsinger73 wrote:
    Hear Hear! - Martha was by far the most intelligent of the companions ... and a likeable one at that!

yes sir sir well said I can't say that better !!!!!!!!

Celestra9

[35]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 16
    Donna, thought she was fantastic from the start. And the fact that there was no 'sexual' attraction made it even better. It was good to see two people having a great time together, just as friends. I hope the new companion will be more along those lines.

shawnlunn2002

[36]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 41
    I liked them all but Donna for me. Some of the dialogue she got was brilliant.

heroesfan07

[37]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 21
    To be honest I love them all in different ways:
    Martha-She brought new life to the show.She was fiesty and a real match for the Doctor.
    Donna-She was hilarious the way she was and her antics made me laugh out loud.
    Rose-She was just fun and the romance was good.
    Jack-He was funny and interesting too bad they cast him off to boring Torchwood.

ramartin25

[38]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 16

Donna...

I was one of those people that wasn't really thrilled about Donna coming back. I thought she was annoying in The Runaway Bride. Then seeing her in season four, I just loved her. Her character grew so much and she brought so much to the Doctor and the show. I wouldn't have thought before season four that her story could be so heart breaking, but I was thrown for a loop on how much I liked her.

I also liked Rose. In season 2 I really liked the way Rose and the Doctor got on. I thought there were really cute together.

pferreira86

[39]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 17
    Martha I found was an intelligently written character who complimented the Doctor quite nicely. It's a shame she only lasted one year on the show.

Izzytheinsane

[40]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 7
    I'm gonna say Martha. I'm surprised everyone liked Donna so much, maybe she's more popular in great britain. For me she was kind of annoying and preachy. They'd land on a totally new world with a new culture and she was all like "Nope, sorry. I've been here for 30 seconds and I can already tell your whole entire culture is stupid and mean." Rose and Martha may have not liked what other cultures did but they were never so...abrasive...about it. As for why Martha over Rose? It's mostly because of how Rose treated Mickey. She runs off with some bloke out of the blue and doesn't even really seem to care about Mickey, lame. And also because Martha reminds me of a friend of mine who's studying medicine.
    Edited on 02/17/2009 2:56pm