Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaIn Season

Mattpitt1991's Clubhouse (AKA General 'Who' Discussion)

rhysy123456789

[21]Dec 12, 2005
    • level: 17
    You know what really pissed me off the other day? Tesco have been advertising these remote control Daleks. Saturday (10th of Decemeber) my Tesco store in Fforestfach had finally decided to order a pallet. It arrived and basically there was only 20 Daleks or even less. They had only decided to order the one and as I wasn't working at the time, the staff took the majority of Daleks to give to their children before they put them out on the shop. Obviously by the time they came out to the shop floor there was something like 9 left. How stupid can Tesco get?! I know I work there but still!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sarahkpn

[22]Dec 12, 2005
    • level: 10
    rhysy123456789 wrote:
    It arrived and basically there was only 20 Daleks or even less.

Hail the Dalaks, my masters

jackharkness

[23]Dec 12, 2005
    • level: 23
    rhysy123456789 wrote:
    jackharkness wrote:
    Imagine todays 6 year olds having this very same arguement in 20 years time.

Doctor Who will last frever, long after Lost is dead, Desperate Housewives is no longer desperate and stargate sg1 is entering season 30, dr who will still burn brightly.

Because its the greatest television show ever.

Don't make fun of Lost! The other two are fine but I think Lost is a great program, though it should have only been one series so as not to spoil it even more

hey i love lost. I was just using it 2 put my point across.

SJP3k

[24]Dec 13, 2005
    • level: 6
    I find it interesting that McGann is listed as a Doctor, even though he was in one American made movie (I'm fine with this, he was a very good Doctor), but Peter Cushing isn't. He was in two theatrical released movies in the early seventies (I think). If I remember right they weren't that great, maybe that is why.

I also never got a chance to see the first episode of the new season. I didn't even know it existed until I came across it by accident. Did McGann, or anyone else regenerate into Eccleston?

mattpitt1991

[25]Dec 13, 2005
    • level: 32
    Double post - sorry. See below.
    Edited on 04/09/2007 9:50am

mattpitt1991

[26]Dec 13, 2005
    Oh, by the way, does anyone know how to get that little thing at the bottom of the posts, like, a little saying?

sarahkpn

[27]Dec 14, 2005
    sarahkpn wrote:

Ok,forget that.

Hail David Tennant, my master

jackharkness

[28]Dec 14, 2005
    sarahkpn wrote:
    sarahkpn wrote:

Ok,forget that.

Hail David Tennant, my master

jackharkness

[29]Dec 14, 2005
    ...Jackharkness was too busy bowing down to the new Zod, David Tennant, to write that last post...

fancourt_babs

[30]Dec 14, 2005
    • level: 5
    SJP3k wrote:
    I find it interesting that McGann is listed as a Doctor, even though he was in one American made movie (I'm fine with this, he was a very good Doctor), but Peter Cushing isn't. He was in two theatrical released movies in the early seventies (I think). If I remember right they weren't that great, maybe that is why.

I also never got a chance to see the first episode of the new season. I didn't even know it existed until I came across it by accident. Did McGann, or anyone else regenerate into Eccleston?

McGann is listed as a Doctor because he regenerated from Sylvester McCoy, and it was taken in canonicity because of the promotion it was given. Cushing's films were remakes of Hartnell stories, and as such didn't fit into canonicity.

McGann didn't regenerate into Eccleston, but I hope they don't ignore it. I have expressed elsewhere my desire to see a "Time War" story, involving Paul McGann, possibly ending with him regenerating into Eccleston.

fancourt_babs

[31]Dec 14, 2005
    SJP3k wrote:

McGann is listed as a Doctor because he regenerated from Sylvester McCoy, and it was taken in canonicity because of the promotion it was given. Cushing's films were remakes of Hartnell stories, and as such didn't fit into canonicity.

McGann didn't regenerate into Eccleston, but I hope they don't ignore it. I have expressed elsewhere my desire to see a "Time War" story, involving Paul McGann, possibly ending with him regenerating into Eccleston.

mattpitt1991

[32]Dec 16, 2005
    Well, since after the movie, Paul McGann has done absolutely very little towards Doctor Who, and I don't even think he does the audio adventures! Please correct me if I'm wrong. So this really annoys me and I still don't think he should be a Doctor. Maybe him and Christopher Ecclestone could become friends...!?

sarahkpn

[33]Dec 16, 2005
    I saw a clip of the Christmas Invasion.
    Edited on 01/26/2006 7:59am
    Edited 2 total times.

fancourt_babs

[34]Dec 16, 2005
    mattpitt1991 wrote:
    Well, since after the movie, Paul McGann has done absolutely very little towards Doctor Who, and I don't even think he does the audio adventures! Please correct me if I'm wrong. So this really annoys me and I still don't think he should be a Doctor. Maybe him and Christopher Ecclestone could become friends...!?

He has done loads of Audio adventures!!! He's done more than 90 episodes, a total of 24 stories, plus Shada! If you don't believe me, tune in to BBC7 at 6:30 tomorrow night, and enjoy The Chimes Of Midnight. http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2005/12/13/28180.shtml

jackharkness

[35]Dec 17, 2005
    Am I the only one who thinks McGann was a wicked doctor?

mattpitt1991

[36]Dec 17, 2005
    fancourt_babs wrote:
    mattpitt1991 wrote:

He has done loads of Audio adventures!!! He's done more than 90 episodes, a total of 24 stories, plus Shada! If you don't believe me, tune in to BBC7 at 6:30 tomorrow night, and enjoy The Chimes Of Midnight. http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2005/12/13/28180.shtml

Sorry, I always thought that he never actually voiced them, but what do I know, maybe next time I should check my sources. It's just that I've never actually seen him in any press releases, for example, Doctor Who Magazine. Sorry about that! Lol!

It seems round here that not very many people actually like McGann, I wonder why?

sistermt

[37]Dec 17, 2005
    • level: 7
    Time for another all-time classic Who stories list - after Fancourt started the ball rolling, I'll add my few cents worth:

Hartnell :the Web Planet
    Troughton:Tomb of the Cybermen
    Still a delight and a surprise when this lost story turned up completely unexpected in Hong Kong in 1992. One of the great Who fandom stories and a great plot.With the return of both Cybermen and quality director Graham Harper in 2006, Tomb will rightly be seen as a Who high-point.
    Pertwee :the Daemons
    Tom Baker:the Brain of Morbius
    So many stories to choose from, but Tom is really enjoying himself here.Some choice Time Lord backstory, the creepy Sisterhood and the quality Solon/Condo double act.Superb
    Davison :Enlightenment
    Always liked Turlough as a companion, plus you never see the ships in space twist coming.Great ending to the White/Black Guardian arc.
    Colin Baker:the Ultimate Foe
    Trial of a Time Lord was a rough season, but these last two episodes are perhaps the greatest Who mindfock of all time. The Valeyards real identity, the Master and the Matrix are all here in some seriously strange and surreal BBC drama.

McCoy/McGann: the Movie
    Shows you what I think of the Seventh Doctor
    Eccleston: Aliens of London/WW3
    See my explanation in fave 2005 story

Tennant: ?????
    I wait with anticipation.....

sistermt

[38]Dec 17, 2005
    mattpitt1991 wrote:
    Oh, by the way, does anyone know how to get that little thing at the bottom of the posts, like, a little saying?

Every1 needs a signature,Matt
    Click on your Level reached line and percentage in the TV.com header to get your profile.Then click on the blue box "Edit my Profile" which brings up a Preferences list. Click on the "Boards" option and you'll find a blank form marked "My Signature". Fill in your preferred quotes or sayings, save it and it'll be added to all your postings so far.

mattpitt1991

[39]Dec 17, 2005
    Thanks, I think I got the hang of it now, I'm just unsure what to put!

sistermt

[40]Dec 17, 2005
    How about [i][u]:
    "I don't want fake Who web sites, just give me Series Two!"