Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaIn Season

One Companion or 2 or more?

archangelwho

[1]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 18

Now that we know a new companion is on the way what do you prefer? One companion or more? I like at least 2 with 3 at the limit. I think what made season 6 so good was Amy. Rory and River. Yes, it was time for them to go (though I would have liked to see how Rory and the Doctorgot along one on one)but the team of 3 just add so much to a story.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

steamheaduk

[2]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 19
    I prefer 2 as the optimum number, gives enough teaming opportunities without overcrowding. Though I also like the idea of recurring companions to boost numbers as needed e.g. The Brigadier, Jack, River, Canton (more of him to come I'm sure)

dragon22a

[3]Apr 18, 2012
    • level: 32
    The Doctor is sometimes very alien and it is hard to speak with him about earth things. That is why I like having more than one companion. That way they can relate to each other on a more human level. I liked it when you had Jack and Rose on board and Mickey being thrown in because you had that interplay. You have a good interplay with Amy and Rory but it is different because they are married. It does not always work out though like when you had Nessa, Tegan, and Adric. One had to go so Adric was killed off.