I know it's a classic question, but what do you think is the scariest Who monster ?
- Daleks ? Please ! Granted, I've only seen New Who, but these guys are a joke ! Except "Dalek", I found them never really scary - the reanimated corpses in "Asylum" were spooky, but not these old dustbins. That's the thing that bugs about the "Stolen Earth" : when the enemy is revealed as the Daleks, captain Jack - CAPTAIN JACK ! - totally freaks out ! I thought it would have been more in character if he just said : "Daleks? Phew ! These guys get beaten all the time !!! Just sit back and wait until the Doctor comes and kicks their butt !"
- The Midnight entity ? Now we're talking. But it's more a ( superbly crafted ) psychological scare than a "jump behind your sofa" scare.
- The Angels ? Spooky, sure, but if they don't find new things to do with them, they'll get old fast.
- The Silence ? Same thing.
- The Beast ? That's a really scary one, but more when he's just a voice, or within Toby. The beast per se is ... slightly ridiculous. "He will rise" or "Don't turn around" on the other hand ...
- The one that truly TERRIFIES me, to the point I can't even watch the episode again, is the Flood, from "Waters of Mars". People look normal, and then BAM ! in the blink of an eye, they turn around, and they're this ... thing ... that looks people with demented eyes and an evilgrin to put Jack o'Lantern to shame ! Truly nightmarish ...
What are your picks ?