Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaIn Season

Series 5 or 6? Which do you like better??

john_smith11

[1]Dec 10, 2011
    • level: 2

I am big fan of Steven moffat and i love the way he has transformed doctor who after taking over from Russel T. Davies. But i have to say that I liked series 5 better than series 6 simply because story lines were a lot simpler and there were great individual episodes in series 5. In series 6, the overall story was a bit complicated and way too much too focused on the whole river song story compromising story lines of individual episodes... Well thats my opinion... What do you guys think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jwgrlrrajn

[2]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 23
    I'm more of a fan of story arcs than individual episodes, typically. Series 6 had a pretty strong arc, and I actually like it better than series 5. I just thought the episodes were stronger this season, although series 5 did have some good episodes. Also, in series 5, I was still getting a feel for the new Doctor and companion. In series 6, Matt Smith's portrayal seems more solid.

thetruesora

[3]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 22
    ^100% agree with this.

PsyduckRanger

[4]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 20
    Definitely series 5. Whilst series 6 had some outstanding episodes, including my favourite, most were either boring or awful. I hated the dead Doctor storyline, utter rubbish, I don't like River as a legitimate love interest for the Doctor, and I don't like these far-too-long running storylines. What's up with the Aickman Road ship, and Hitler, and...couldn't stand it. The Doctor's Wife, The Girl Who Waited and Closing Time. The only episodes I'd care to rewatch, really.

Series 5, on the other hand, wasn't always outstanding, but I enjoyed every single episode, and would happily rewatch them all. I find the final five in particular fantastic.