Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaIn Season

Series 7: News, Speculation, & Rumours (Spoilers)

steamheaduk

[42]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 19

Well there was always the huge power outages that hit the East Coast -

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

doctorWHO69

[43]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 13
    I guess it'd give an explanation as to why new york is the city that never sleeps. Because they are too scared too. In fact,im guarenteeing here and now,that that line will be used in the show

dragon22a

[44]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 32

The new trailer is out. You can watch it here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00wtrmm

steamheaduk

[45]Aug 14, 2012

Season 7 shaping up a little more -

07_01 Asylum of the Daleks. Yes they're back, all of them, every type that the production crew could lay their hands on, and the new one's have had a few mods apparently.

07_02 Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. What more do you need to know. Guest starring Mark Williams as Rory's Dad.

07_03 A Town Called Mercy. The Doctor returns to the Wild Wild West, hopefully this time without toothache and a pianist. Guest starring Ben Browder.

07_04 The Power of Three. Strange little black cubes appear everywhere, and so do UNIT.

07_05 The Angels Take Manhattan. The Ponds go out in style with the biggest baddest Angel.

Christmas Special. Introducing Clara (from the Victorian era apparently), with guest stars Richard E Grant and Tom Ward. Neve McIntosh, Catrin Stewart and Dan Starkey return in familiar roles - Oh and Top Hats are cool, but maybe snowmen aren't.

07_06 Written by the Steven Moffat

07_08 The Cold War. Mark Gatis writes a story set on a submarine and featuring a group of well known Martian foes for whom this is their favourite kind of war. David Warner guest stars.

07_09 The Phantom of the Hex (or) Hider In The House. Written by Neil Cross, and guest stars Dougray Scott, Kemi-Bo Jacobs and Jessica Raines.

07_10 The Crimson Horror - Mark Gatis writes another one set in the Victorian era. The Doctor gets to indulge even more in his joy of hats. Guest starring Diana Rigg, Rachel Stirling, Brendan Patricks and Neve McIntosh,Catrin Stewart and Dan Starkey return in familiar roles - again.

07_13 Written by Steven Moffat.

Other possible episode plots (order not known).

Neil Gaiman reimagines the Cybermen (rumour)

A TARDIS based episode with the Eye of Harmony (rumour)

New opening credits and a change to the TARDIS interior.

minisin

[46]Aug 20, 2012
    • level: 14

So, I'm back.

Must be about a year since I last posted here (I'm guessing so, because my daughter is 3 months old, and I didn't have a daughter, or knowledge of her existance last timeI posted here!)

And wow, seems to be shaping up to a fantastic series, although the Liberty Angel sounds a bit naf...hope they can pull off the effects for that one. Excited for the dalek return though, wonder how that will play out!

All in all, excited.

Trailer looks fantastic.

theportal

[47]Aug 24, 2012
    • level: 26
    So how will the Ponds depart the fold?

We've seen them die before so it can't be that as it would feel like going over old ground... With the Weeping Angels involved there's always the chance that one or both of them will be zapped to some point in history where they'll be stranded for years or perhaps even the rest of their lives. While that's predictable, I can see that happening to one of the Ponds (Rory?) and the other one turning their back on the Doctor for good as a result.

dragon22a

[48]Aug 25, 2012
    • level: 32

One thing that would be a kick in the gut and would be a way ro write out the ponds would be if they found out that the Doctor knows when River is going to die and will not do anything to stop it. Regardless of how many people she saves in the Library, she is still Amy and Rory's daughter. If they found out that he he knew and would do nothing, that might spur them to leave his side for good.

Otherwise maybe Amy and Rory may simply tire of traveling and wish to settle down. If they leave in the episode in NY, I could see them choosing to stay there. It could be like a new adventure for them, just different from time traveling with the doctor.

I really hope that they get a happy ending rather than a death or divorce. I do not think it will be a death though because it would not be believable that the doctor would then go off and pick up another companion so soon afterward. Granted, he is a different doctor than he was before but remember how he acted after what happened to Donna.

Sheena-Lynn

[49]Sep 2, 2012
    • level: 3

I also think they might be zapped to the past by the Weeping Angels...I don't want that but it is possible. The Writers said the end would be "heartbreaking" - something like that would be heartbreaking.If really something like that will happen, I hope they will be together - I don't want them to be separated.

Sugar2U

[50]Sep 3, 2012
    • level: 9

I wonder if the Ponds end up in the Library WITH River??? That would be a good ending and the Ponds would be together and NOT be able to travel with the Doc anymore hmmm??

Sheena-Lynn

[53]Sep 14, 2012
    • level: 3

Really? In the library? I don't know...It could be but I wouldn't like it very much. Ok, I wouldn't like anything bad happening to them. But I can't imagine Amy being more or less trapped there. Rory maybe, he is happy as long as Amy is with him (that sounded a bit negative but it isn't meant like that - I like him).

Lccf

[54]Sep 27, 2012
    • level: 13

doctorWHO69 wrote:
    Would the ''Biggest,baddest angel you ever did see'' Happen to be carrying a torch, and symbolise truth justice and the american way, by any chance? Not sure how i feel about that.It could be genius, or a shambles.

Judging by a picture featuring Amy and Rory seemingly looking at something HUGE, and this episode's title logo ( check BBC's website if you don't see what I'm talking about ) , I'd say you might very well be right. As for how she could move ... maybe it has something to do with the fact that, according to the previews,time is getting wonky ?

Edited on 09/27/2012 7:37am

BillyHamilton0

[55]Sep 27, 2012
    • level: 2
    That which holds the image of an Angel becomes itself an Angel. Becomes, as in despite it having staircases and being made of metal, it could be turned INTO an Angel through whatever plan the Angels have. And they pretty much gave it away in that interview by talking about the SCALE of the angels and such, pretty much confirmed to be something epic. But I don't know how they'll handle this, but I've been looking forward to i severely.

steamheaduk

[56]Sep 28, 2012

That and the fact it's in one of the Trailers, with the classic line from Rory - I always wanted to visit the Statue of Liberty, I guess she got impatient.

http://youtu.be/S2mdFrHR5EQ

BillyHamilton0

[57]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 2
    Oh, yeah I missed that trailer, but my point was more about people who were saying that even if this is confirmed, it is a ludicrous concept that the Statue of Liberty is an Angel. I'm making that point that it may not be an Angel to begin with, it may become an Angel which explains why it is originally a structure of metal and stairs. If the writers choose to not address that fact, then sure, it'll be as nonsensical as the last series finale (and other things) but I have a bit more optimism than that.

steamheaduk

[58]Sep 29, 2012

It doesn't seem any more nonsensical than any other statue being an Angel, regardless of what it's made of. It is after all a fantasy show, not a documentary ;-)

TOCM19

[59]Sep 29, 2012
    • level: 14
    No discussion threads for the last 2 episodes? Oh dear I miss this place.

Also, i'm currently sobbing like a tiny baby girl.

theportal

[60]Sep 29, 2012
    • level: 26

TOCM19 wrote:
    No discussion threads for the last 2 episodes? Oh dear I miss this place. Also, i'm currently sobbing like a tiny baby girl.

I think the discussion's moved to the episode pages? It's meant to have, anyway, yet I still can't find where the discussion is meant to be...

EDIT: I found the episode discussion stream on the episode page, so I'll post what I wanted to post there.

Edited on 09/29/2012 12:55pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Gislef

[62]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 101
    TOCM19 wrote:
    No discussion threads for the last 2 episodes? Oh dear I miss this place.

Also, i'm currently sobbing like a tiny baby girl.

There's a pinned thread at the near-top of the forum explaining where discussion threads are...