Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaBetween Seasons

The Doctor and Rose - Romantic or just plain creepy?

RandomAussie2

[1]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 4

Hey everyone,

I love New Who, warts and all. I loved Rose. I don't object to The Doctor being in love. But, c'mon, did anyone else think that the 'romance' between Rose, a nineteen year old girl and The Doctor, a man who looked fortysomething (with a lot of extra years on the clock) was more then a little creepy? While I was watching season twenty-seven/season one of the new series, I kept on wanting teenage Susan (The Doctor's granddaughter and his first companion) to suddenly martalise in the TARDIS, hug The Doctor and say "Hello Grandfather!" and then cut to Rose's startled expression

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jwgrlrrajn

[2]Jul 4, 2012
    • level: 23
    Between Rose and Ninth, it could seem slightly odd at times, but nothing horribly off-putting. Rose and Tenth, on the other hand, didn't seem weird at all.

I have to say though, what with the Doctor being the last of the Time Lords, the odds of him having a relationship with anyone anywhere near his age are next to nothing.

That said, I would have liked to see Rose's reaction to the Doctor having been a grandfather.

archangelwho

[3]Jul 5, 2012
    • level: 18

It was sad and got old real fast.