Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaBetween Seasons

Top 20 Episodes

thomasholste1

[1]Mar 9, 2014
    • level: 1

What's everyone's favorite episodes? Here are mine:

1. Blink (Season 3)

2. Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead (S4)

3. Human Nature/Family of Blood (S3)

4. The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang (S5)

5. The Girl Who Waited (S6)

6. Asylum of the Daleks (S7)

7. Day of the Doctor (50th anniversary special)

8. Father's Day (S1)

9. Doomsday (S2)

10. The Doctor's Wife (S6)

11. Time of the Angels/Flesh & Stone (S5)

12. Dalek (S1)

13. Vincent and the Doctor (S5)

14. The Snowmen (S7)

15. The Eleventh Hour (S5)

16. Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways (S1)

17. School Reunion (S2)

18. Midnight (S4)

19. The Stolen Earth/Journey's End (S4)

20. The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit (S2)

The first five or so stay pretty much the same; the other ones tend to move around on the list depending on the mood I'm in on a given day.

I love nearly all of Season 5, and honestly the top 10 could just be all S5 episodes, but that would make for a boring list to read!

Special notice should go to the mini-episodes "Time Crash," featuring a meeting of the Fifth and Tenth Doctors, which--if it were a full episode--would easily be in the top 5; the inventive short "Space/Time;" and the prequel webisode "The Great Detective," featuring Strax's immortal line, "I have declared war on the moon!"

As far as classic storylines, I was hoping to blend them seamlessly into this list at this point, but they're so different in tone, style, and even format that it's too much of an apples/oranges comparison. My current favorite classic serial is "Carnival of Monsters" featuring Jon Pertwee as the Third Doctor, written by the brilliant Robert Holmes.

So, what are other people's favorites?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelwho

[2]Mar 14, 2014
    • level: 18

1. School Reunion 2. Midnight 3.The Water of Mars 4. The Stolen Earth/Journry's End 5. Vincent and the Doctor 6. Blink 7. A Christmas Carol 8. The Angels Take Manhattan 9. The Next Doctor 10. Human Nature/The Family of Blood 11.The Shakespeare Code 12. The Girl in the Fireplace 13. Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead 14. Closing Time 15. The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit 16. The Power of Three 17. Dalek 18. Nightmare in Silver 19. Dinosaus on a Spaceship 20. A Town Called Mercy.

This was not easy andif I redid it in a week or two some would be replaced by others and the oder of some would change.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.