Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaIn Season

Was anyone else for a Martha-Doctor relationship? (Spoiler for Season 4)

Which Doctor Who (2005) companion did you like the most?

boundeffigy

[1]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 6

I say more so than what he (David Tennant) would frequently say he had for Rose? Martha was a much better as a companion character than Rose. She wasn't written as a improbably exceedingly brilliant woman like Rose and even Donna was at times, where Rose practically thought like the Doctor all the time (even without him present or the presupposed telepathic connection to the TARDIS knowledge bank). It made it seem far more "out there," whereas Martha was real, she was beautiful, and she created a seemingly more believable tragic romance concept to the Doctor-companion relationship. Besides, didn't technically Rose have a boyfriend, Mickey (this is excludes the season finale when Rose is returned home with the human Doctor with one heart)? That always got to me, from Mickey's perspective at least.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelwho

[2]Jun 13, 2009
    • level: 18
    If you mean a love/dating relationship no. One of the weak part of the new Doctor Who storyline was the way the Doctor acted after Rose left. Yes it was more human but the Doctor is not human. Yes in the past the Doctor may have gotten over one leaving too fast but htere needed to be a lest human middle ground. It got really bad and I just hope that having Rose coming back will not cause the Doctor more human like pains know that there is now someone else in Rose's life. With Martha working at Torch Wood her and will run in to each other from time to time. I just hope they keep it a working relationship and move on. We don't need a Doctor crying after Rose and Martha.

pferreira86

[3]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 17
    Martha Jones was written the best in my opinion.

virtucar

[4]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 8
    I really liked Martha as a companion. I especially liked that the Doctor's companion was herself a doctor.

n00dle8589

[5]Aug 4, 2009
    • level: 4
    I liked Martha a lot more the second time I watched the series (to that point Donna Nobel I liked better 2nd time as well) and I would have liked to see a romance with them. However, make no mistake about it, Rose is the best and I hope they keep bringing her around. P.S. I hope to see Lady Christina de Souza, the girl from Planet of the Dead, reappearing. A romance between them would be interesting as well.

MadamStacey

[6]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 2

No, I hated Martha. She was an annoying companion, least to me she was.