Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaBetween Seasons

Who do you think would have made a good companion.

archangelwho

[1]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 18

Can be from the TV stories, books, movie, CDsor the animations.

Duggan from the City of Death

Christina de Souza from Planet of Death (hum two of Death)

Jackson Lake from the Next Doctorfor a few stories. Unsure if he would have workedin a long run.

Kate Maguire from the BBC Books Autonomy

Does not have to be Doctor Who only.

Edited on 06/27/2012 10:39am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dragon22a

[2]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 32

Lady Christina would have been interesting. The Doctor would probably have to keep an eye on her to make sure she did not steal from alien worlds. I would have loved to see her interact with Captain Jack.

Otherwise, I could have seen Verity Smith from The End of Time as a companion for an episode or two. It would give her a chance to know the man her grandmother knew. Though that would have worked if it were still the same doctor.Also Astrid Peth may have made a good companion. She seems like she would be amazed at everything she saw and she had this wide eyed innocence.

archangelwho

[3]Nov 24, 2011

dragon22a wrote:

Lady Christina would have been interesting. The Doctor would probably have to keep an eye on her to make sure she did not steal from alien worlds. I would have loved to see her interact with Captain Jack.

Maybe she could make her way to Torchwood.

Nordan123

[4]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 6

Sally Sparrow,but might not work with anyone but Tennant as the Doctor...I'm still annoyed with Martha nagging the Dr when he met Sally.

The Doctor's daughter (don't know the actor's name),she was really cute but again,might only have worked with Tennant.

dragon22a

[5]Dec 7, 2011

archangelwho wrote:

dragon22a wrote:

Maybe she could make her way to Torchwood.

Maybe. Jack has got people out of prison to work for the institute. He did that with Toshiko Sato. She got caught and arrested but he was impressed with her work so he offered to get her out if she joined the team. Maybe he would get Lady Christina out of prison to make use of her unique skill set. He could use someone with stealth skills given that Torchwood is still officially enemies. He may need her to break in to some records or storage.

archangelwho

[6]Apr 14, 2012

Craig Owens , Closing Time, would add some comedy just unsure how long before it got old.

Canton Delaware, The Impossible Astronaut

Rita, God Complex, not only would she make a good companion but think about the storyline of the Doctor meeting her knowing when and how she will die and can do nothing about it. The good-by story where he drop her off days before she is taken.

jwgrlrrajn

[7]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 23
    Dalek Sec might have been interesting.

archangelwho

[8]Apr 19, 2012

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    Dalek Sec might have been interesting.

That would have made for a great storyline. Could become one of those what if storyline. I always wonder what would have happen if the Doctor and the Master had been force to go together for a season.

Princess_Pinky

[9]May 12, 2012
    • level: 11

Jenny from "The Doctor's Daughter" (I'm still hoping she'll be back one day) and Rita from "The God Complex."

I'd love for Alex Kingston/River Song to be a full time/seasonal companion at some point too.

sigridb

[10]May 17, 2012
    • level: 2
    Georgia Moffett played Jenny, the Doctor's Daughter - who coincidentally is the daughter of Doctor #5 (?) Peter Davison and now married to Doctor #10, David Tennant. Quite the Whovian pedigree.

archangelwho

[11]May 18, 2012

sigridb wrote:
    Georgia Moffett played Jenny, the Doctor's Daughter - who coincidentally is the daughter of Doctor #5 (?) Peter Davison and now married to Doctor #10, David Tennant. Quite the Whovian pedigree.

Really?? I wonder if they met when Davison & Tennant did the Children in Need show?

Gilda

[12]May 19, 2012
    • level: 4

well my choices will mainly be from the new series ,havent watched that much classic dr who or read anyof the books/comics, but my choices would have to be Craig Owens. I think he was one to the funnest characters theyve had so far. um my second choice would have to be Astrid but I wouldnt know how they would bring it back Kylie Minogue. but then again she would be another companion who would be in love with the dr and idk bout that, also dont know how she would work with 11. I also liked Lady Christina, she would have been an interesting companion.But i think that the doctors new companion should be someone from either the past or the future. Because all of the ones so far have been taken from the present i think they should change things up a bit
    The only fear with bringing back old characters is that it can ruin some of the story lines. idk if anyone read the tweets b/w Sophia Myles (played Madame de Pompadou) and Moffett. I think that if her character came back it would ruin my love for The Girl in the Fireplace. And also would raise SO many questions. (btw they woudlnt be able to make her play some direct desendant b/c all ofMadame de Pompadour'schildren died, unless they want to make up some history which i guess would be ok)
    I just kind of wish that they could somehow save the characters from TW. like let Gwen and Jack be companions for like 2 episodes cuz man IMO Miracle Day sucked.

Gilda

[13]May 19, 2012
    • level: 4

also the new companion is apprently being played by Jenna Coleman. dont know anything about her or her character tho

archangelwho

[14]May 29, 2012

Ray from Delta and the Bannermen. She is kind of a quiet Ace and was one of the two options to replace Mel. Ace is one of my favorites and I would never replace her but after Mel it would have been nice quieter companion for a time. And from the commentary I think Sara Griffiths would be great for the show.

dragon22a

[15]Jun 5, 2012
    Maybe in a few years, when they are a bit older, one of the kids from the Sarah Jane Adventures could become the Doctors companion for a while. I would go with Rani, but any of them would be great. Maria never met the Doctor so the mystery would still be there for her.

archangelwho

[16]Jun 26, 2012

dragon22a wrote:
    Maybe in a few years, when they are a bit older, one of the kids from the Sarah Jane Adventures could become the Doctors companion for a while. I would go with Rani, but any of them would be great. Maria never met the Doctor so the mystery would still be there for her.
    If not companions, which I also thing wouldbe great and add some different storylines dealing with teen, then manybe a special or two a year if it could be worked out. It would be a nice way to keep the SJA going.

archangelwho

[17]Jun 27, 2012

Not to put down Jake or Mr. Stockley but Felix and Hayley from Troops. Felix could be an Adric like without the teenager attitude. Hayley could be what Mel was suppose to be before they made her into a screamer and so picky.

jwgrlrrajn

[18]Jun 30, 2012
    Okay, since we're not limited to Doctor Who characters, here's a few ideas with the logic behind them.

1: MacGyver (The Doctor can save the universe with a kettle and a piece of string, MacGyver can make a bomb out of a stick of chewing gum. It's perfect).

2: Spock (If for no other reason than to see how logic goes up against wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff).

3: C.C. from Code Geass (She just seems to have a companion-like personality, plus I'd love to see her ordering pizza on the TARDIS. lol)

4: Jack Bauer (This one's mostly for laughs. Jack Bauer is extremely different from the Doctor in how he handles crises. I just think it'd be interesting for an episode to see how their personalities clash).

archangelwho

[19]Jul 2, 2012

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    Okay, since we're not limited to Doctor Who characters, here's a few ideas with the logic behind them. 1: MacGyver (The Doctor can save the universe with a kettle and a piece of string, MacGyver can make a bomb out of a stick of chewing gum. It's perfect). 2: Spock (If for no other reason than to see how logic goes up against wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff). 3: C.C. from Code Geass (She just seems to have a companion-like personality, plus I'd love to see her ordering pizza on the TARDIS. lol) 4: Jack Bauer (This one's mostly for laughs. Jack Bauer is extremely different from the Doctor in how he handles crises. I just think it'd be interesting for an episode to see how their personalities clash).

MacGywer with any of the Doctors. Spock with 2,4,6 and 10. Jack Bauer and 3 and 9 would have made great teams but it would have been fun with 2 and 5. Don't know C.C.

jwgrlrrajn

[20]Jul 4, 2012
    Yeah, I can see it now. Jack Bauer in the episode "Dalek."

Jack: (to Dalek) You are going to tell me what you know, it's just a matter of how much you want it to hurt.

Dalek: Yooou wOuld mAKe a GooD Daaleeek.