Doctor Who Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC AmericaBetween Seasons

Yoda and the Doctor would have a lot to talk about ...

Lccf

[1]Nov 21, 2013
    • level: 13

Think about it :

- they're both 900+ years old (and there aren't many charactersin the history of fiction who share this trait ! )

- they're both ( one of ) the last of their kind : and as far as Yoda is concerned, I'm not only meaning Jedi :we don't know anything about his species, but he sure seems to be the last one ( the other one in Menace - Master Yaddle - has been killed in the EU )

- they're both veterans of a really ugly war ( the Clone Wars / the Last Great Time War ), during which their "brothers"kinda lost their soul ( the Time Lords going crazy and wanting to destroy time / the Jedi becoming war-mongering generals )

- both use their wits and their words as their primary weapon, but are pretty efficient in a fight

- oh, and if they die, they actually don't ( maybe that's Moffat's secret plan to go past the regeneration limit ? the Time Lord equivalent of a Force ghost ? jk, jk )

I know the TARDIS will never land on Dagobah, unless Disney gets so hungry it buys the BBC, but a talk between these two would be awesome, wouldn't it ? Fanfiction, anyone ?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

steamheaduk

[3]Nov 22, 2013
    • level: 19

y-allons?

archangelwho

[4]Nov 22, 2013
    • level: 18

Great points. There has to be a way to do this on a computer backdoor. Who would write it?

Lccf

[5]Nov 23, 2013
    • level: 13

Oh, and I forgot that both act crazy when they want to hide how smart they are.

Now I can see it ... Eleven and the Ponds on Dagobah ... Yoda tries to play them the same trick as with Luke when he arrived, but Amy doesn't fall for it ... Eleven joking that Yoda is what Time Lords look like when they go past the regeneration limit, then having a heart-to-heart talk with the Jedi master ... and maybe Luke's X-Wing crashing in the distance as the TARDIS takes off ...

Hmm, now I HAVE to write that ! I'd like to share it with you when it's done ( it may take a while, since English is not my native langage ), but I guess there's a limit on the posts' lengths on this site, right ?

archangelwho

[6]Nov 23, 2013
    • level: 18

Unsure but you can try. I look forward to reading it when it is done. Wish I knew who could do the art work.