Think about it :
- they're both 900+ years old (and there aren't many charactersin the history of fiction who share this trait ! )
- they're both ( one of ) the last of their kind : and as far as Yoda is concerned, I'm not only meaning Jedi :we don't know anything about his species, but he sure seems to be the last one ( the other one in Menace - Master Yaddle - has been killed in the EU )
- they're both veterans of a really ugly war ( the Clone Wars / the Last Great Time War ), during which their "brothers"kinda lost their soul ( the Time Lords going crazy and wanting to destroy time / the Jedi becoming war-mongering generals )
- both use their wits and their words as their primary weapon, but are pretty efficient in a fight
- oh, and if they die, they actually don't ( maybe that's Moffat's secret plan to go past the regeneration limit ? the Time Lord equivalent of a Force ghost ? jk, jk )
I know the TARDIS will never land on Dagobah, unless Disney gets so hungry it buys the BBC, but a talk between these two would be awesome, wouldn't it ? Fanfiction, anyone ?