Doctor Who

Journey's End (2)

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Jul 05, 2008 on BBC America

• Guardians of the Galaxy

This is something I wish most finales would do, having everyone that matters in the same place and all at their best for one more chalange thats worthy of them. The best finales for me aren't because it's the biggest battle but what everyone does and the emotions they go though in the matter, as a saying goes sometimes the worst of times can bring out the best in all of us.

The episode I'll admit isn't perfect one moment of the episode I really hated was with Martha as we finally find out what that key she has is for and it's basically something to destroy the Earth. That was just plain stupid, it just makes no damn sense (your going to destroy the Earth to save the Earth, did I miss something?) Let alone I felt Martha was really out of character at that moment, that fact she would even consider using it really undermines her character. I know theres such a thing as carrying out duty but that's just being plain stupid, so that's why the bargining scene with her doesn't work. And yeah one or two things did get resolved a bit quickly, it felt a little like two or three pages might have been missing.

Other than that everything else is fine. There isn't much to say it's really more in the moments. I really liked the back and forth interplay between both The Doctor and Darvos. Darbos is my second favorate Who villian, he is a villian that can almost send a chill down you because his type of villian as simply one that just wants to see the world burn, though for his case it's the enitre universe. It was a great feeling seeing this villian again because we haven't seen him in about two decades ever since the arc "Genesis of the Daleks" so it was a real treat and he hasn't changed one bit. I like the make up work on the guy as we see how physically grotesche he is, it really reflects his state of mind because he's just rotten from the inside and out. This is where for once The Doctor's power of reason fails because Darvos is someone you simply can't reason with, he's doesn't want to let alone is incapable. But also he's sort of a like a master chess player he is able to think moves ahead of everyone and execute them. These facts alone I'll admit made me worred about The Doctor and everyone elses life because Darvos seemed about more of a match than any of them combined.

Everyone had something to do, like that moment with Sarah Jane and the rest as she was willing to blow up the entire ship and most of the Daliek empire despite the price being her life and the rest. Even liked the fact that Darvos was able to remember Sarah Jane since she was in the story arc, it really makes me all the more greatful Elesabeth Sladen came back to the show.

But most of all liked seeing both Donna and Doctor 2 in action, from seeing Donna having Time Lord knowledge and using it to disable the Dialeks just to buy them all time to escape. However for me the best moment was seeing Doctor 2 be the one to land the hammer of God on the Daleks when we see him program all of them to self destruct. I don't feel bad most to all of the Daliek empire is being destroyed to me they were paying the price for the atrsities they commited, as a saying goes what goes around comes around. I also like that line Doctor 2 says and how he delivers it, "Yes, I can I'm the DOCTOR!" We of course see Davos traped in wreckage and supposedly burn to death as the ship was coming down but for some reason I get the feeling he might come back (though I could be wrong we'll just have to wait and see.).

Then we get to the good bye scene, I really like the moment with Rose and Doctor 2. The fact that Doctor 2 is kinda the same as the original Doctor except physically where he has only one heart which makes him human. So both Rose and the Doctor having a life together is possible, I though it was both touching and just plain great because it finally put closure for her character.

Though for me the saddest good byes were really one with Sarah Jane Smith, this episode really is the very last time we see this character in the series. Let alone the fact actress Elesebeth Sladen did pass away a lot latter which is why whenever I see her walk away from the Doctor I get a little choked up about it.

But the other was of coruse Donna leaving, which to me has to be the saddest one in my book. Donna I do like despite the fact I'm not a fan of her character, but those final moments with the Doctor I really felt for her because she really did love the Doctor as more than a friend and wanted to be with him forever as a Time Lord like him. But it just wasn't in the cards of fate, as we see the Time Lord power she inherited doesn't agree with her and is starting to kill her as we see her break down, the only way to save her life is to wipe all of her memory with the Doctor out. It's a heartbreaking end for both Donna and the Doctor, though may'be not completely because despite not knowing it Donna has became a legend throughout space, it just goes to show you can be more than what you are. I found it really that the grandpa whom was the former General of UNIT do a final salute to the Doctor, it really was great seeing that actor one more time because he was on the show for a long time as well.

As for the Doctor as usual he goes off in the Tartis alone uncertain about what to do next, uncertain his next destination, but worst of all uncertain about his future.

So good bye David Tenant you'll always be my favorate Doctor I'm really going to miss you.

And Elesebeth Sladen may you rest in peace, you've been my favorate companion back then and you still are today, I'm going you miss you most of all.