Doctor Who

Saturday 8:00 PM on BBC America Premiered Mar 26, 2005 In Season

Gislef

Doctor Who Fan Reviews page 2 of 13

• Doctor Who is amazing!!

Well, I can't exactly describe the show without sounding like a lunatic, honesty. There is really words to describe it. I just know it's amazing. There is plenty of humor however it is also serious at moments. The plot may be confusing at times, but if you keep re-watching and/or check out the wiki you'll get it. This is my favorite show and I don't want Matt (current doctor) to go away!! :(
  • Doctor Who is the finest scifi television ever to grace the planet.

What can I say about Doctor Who that hasn't already been said? It's the show that inspired so many other great things after. It influenced Star Wars with R2-D2 and C-3PO. The Daleks and The Cybermen were the original versions of the robotic duo basically.

I don't know of a show that is even more epic than this golden gem of television history. Of all the doctors, I would have to say that my top three favourites would be Tom Baker, Peter Davison, and David Tennant. I hated seeing him leave the show.

I love not just the new version, but also the classics. Doctor Who is an all-round fantastic show, and surprisingly moving too.

If you haven't seen Doctor Who yet, do yourself a massive favour and start with the David Tennant episodes, and welcome to the greatness that is the finest science fiction show ever created.
  • I love Doctor Who

Doctor Who is great. I love it and it is so much more than a TV show to me. That maybe weird to say, but I don't care. I love how it messes with my emotions, it makes me think, and it just pulls me into it, like I am actually apart of it. All the Doctors have their own unique personalities as well as the companions. It's just amazing, I am glad my friends talked me into finally watching it. Now I am a huge fan.
  • Hmmm...

5.5
    am a big fan of the genre of SF & I liked watching shows like Babylon 5 and even Brit SF show Red Dwarf despite it being kind of goofy. I watched a few episodes of this show and I thought it was only fair. Not bad in the special effects department though. It is aimed at younger peoples and I do realize and I am no longer in that category but I do appreciate good SF. This is very unlike the earlier British SF character called Doctor Quatormass-which perhaps inspired this series-I'm not sure. The Quatermass character was turned into a few films back in the 1960's in England. I think based on a Brit TV show of the same think there was/is much more drama in Dr. Q-see the Dr. Q film '5 Million Years To Earth' if u can-renamed 'Quatermass & The Pit' for some obscure said.
  • fantastic show

Matt smith is the best doctor. David tennant was great as the doctor but i think Matt smith is better
  • Why steven moffat?

Matt smith i s a good doctor its just fans got over obsessed with David tennant and cant get over him, its steven moffats bad writing witch is killing doctor who of what it used too be, russel was a great writer why did he leave
  • Why Matt Smith?

I really loved this show... loved the 9th doctor and his "Fantastic", loved Billie! David Tennant was even better and Martha was great. Donna maybe gave me the creeps, I dont know why... The fourth season was maybe the best with a great ending.

But the 5th Season with the 11th doctor.. I dont know how to say it... it is just no more what it used to be. Just crap, the humour is gone. Amy is very pretty, but something is missing... I wont watch this series anymore, til a new doctor arrives! *sad*
  • MATT SMITH - DR WHO

I really like Matt Smith as Dr Who, he gives the character a soul. It's nice to see the doctor caring for his companions and it's good that the writers allow him to feel pain and love and to show it. I think his new companion Clara is great , she just throws herself into everything and seems to show the same level of intelligence worthy of the doctor. I will be sorry to see this doctor go, Matt Smith has brought a new level of crazy to the doctor.
  • Doctor who

i like all the doctors i like David Tennant and Matt Smith and i all so like all his companion's

Rose Martha Jones Donna and Rory Amy and River song who are his new companion or are they coming back ...
  • DOCTOR <3

I grew up watching re-runs of Tom Baker as the Doctor, so when I heard it was coming back in 2005 I was ecstatic, and it hasn't let me down yet. Each new Doctor brought something brand new and totally fresh and I just love everything about it. River, river river river, she is one of the most brilliant characters Moffat has ever put out, just simply outstanding <3
  • I love Eleven (seasons 5-) but you can keep the rest.

Doctor Who really depends on a great cast to deliver classic episodes. Luckily, Eleven and his companions Rory and Amy are stellar.
  • Fantastic!

I love this show! completly and totally! I wish there could be just a wee bit less waiting between episodes. But they are always worth the it!!
  • Great show, but I have one complaint.

This is probably my favorite show on television, but there's one thing that is driving me nuts about it lately. I wish they would release new episodes on a more regular schedule! There was a full year with no new episodes before the current season started, then we got 5 new episodes, and now there hasn't been a new one for a month. I want to smack the producers of the show for constantly making me wait. Does anyone know when they're going to air a new episode?
  • Dr Rocks!

Still one of the best and long running SciFi series ever! (Both old and the new reboot!)
  • The Doctors Dance

What people don't understand as to why this is the greatest series ever is because they can't follow the Doctors zig zags. That is what is so attractive, each episode is new and different each plot structure changes so much but we still have the things that always stay the same like the Doctors quick wit and his sonic screw driver. But to really understand each individual episode and how it connects with all the others you have to watch the episodes a few times. That is what makes you a real whovian when you can finally connect all the dots because you never get tired of re-watching the Doctors magical dance.
  • I just don't get it...

I really struggle to understand the devotion that is lavished upon Doctor Who by its adult fan base. As a child, I remember both enjoying and being scared by the programme when the doctor was portrayed by Tom Baker but now that I am in my thirties, it feels like a childrens television programme that has been given a peak time slot.
  • Brilliant

This show i delightful! Funny, Fun, Intelligent and Exciting. Production value starts off a little low, but is quickly forgiven once you get into the characters. Also begins campy but Steven Moffats new reign is highly stylized which I personally enjoy. Definitely start from the first season in order to get into it properly.
  • I Would Join Dr Who in a Flash!

I Have watched Dr Who throughout yrs and love David Tennant as the Doctor. Matt Smith takes time to get used to. I watch it although these episodes are confusing at times. Where is Riversong? She made the show a little more exciting. Sometimes I find that the episodes tend to get mindboggling. Sometimes Amy gets to be to righteous, and I think she does not have the right to tell the doctor what to do. Put Riversong and Martha back on, time to time, and give us some exciting episodes.!!! I sure miss David Tennant !!
  • worth the watch

i love this show. time travel is a fasinating and this show explores it. while david tennet was my absolute fav doc, matt smith isn't so bad. while some of matt's storylines were just horrible ( pirates? really?) his acting was actually good. where david was the serious doctor and made you feel for him, matts more playful character shows that he is not just an old man that broods alot. i love all the companion but my fav is rory and river. they should put more river in the new episodes. i want river and jack to meet.
  • Bow ties are cool

I absolutely love this series it is so good
  • The rating is for the 2005-2008 Doctor Who.

I really don't even know how to rate this. The days of Eccleston and Tennant are enough to give it a 9 but ever since Russell left and Matt Smith came it has been reduced to a flimsy, unnecessarily confusing kids show with crappy characters and forgettable plotlines. It has been RUINED. Yeah, you saw that, CAPITALS. The most frustrating thing is that it has such a huge fanbase of people from America and stuff and I feel like such an outcast; does NO-ONE remember how good it used to be? The drama? The twists? There is NONE OF THAT IN THE NEW SHOW. Honest, I tried, I tried so hard to like the new one because everybody else did. The stories are nothing compared to the oldies and Matt Smith is unoriginal in the way he portrays the Doctor. He's like a younger, amateur imitation of David Tennant. He tries to be quirky and instead it's just plain annoying. People who like this I'd recommend going to the earlier series and seeing the big freaking difference because believe me it's heartbreaking. I watched Doctor Who like it was a ritual or something and now I've barely enough interest to see if it's still going. R.I.P
  • I Miss Tennant

I absolutely LOVE Doctor Who. I only have a couple of friends who watch it and am very sad that the others don't watch it. I don't mind Matt Smith but when he first came into the series my expression was just :( and now it's :S BECAUSE I NEED TO SEE MORE DOCTOR WHO. I thought David Tennant was an amazing doctor and I just can't get over the fact that he's gone. But overall I would have to say that I still love Doctor Who and although Matt Smith is good, I can't help but watch old episodes a thousand times over.

And remember!

The Angels Have The Phone Box!

Always, WeepingAngel
  • River song

my personal opinion for the show is that its absolutely fabulous the one thing i would suggest is that river be in it more because who doesn't love river shooting the doctors funny hats and making the doctor look foolish and besides we need at least one good guy with a gun
  • It's called AWESOMENESS!

Time Travel itself is a big thing to love. But, the doctor makes it better. David Tennant is the best doctor ever! And Amy Pond the best companion, after Sarah Jane Smith and the Brigadier i guess. It's awesome. The concept and the ideas. And the actors, they do brilliant jobs. the doctor is supposed to be crazy and fast, Matt Smith and David Tennant and all who came before them did so. The stories are excellent. And the imagination too. AFter all the show has been running for 49 years! Ok, it stopped in between but its back. WHY? Because it's just amazing!
  • The Best

Doctor who is the best, and i really love it, i own all the new series, and some of the classics, thunbs up if you really like this show, and think all the Doctor's are really pro!! My favourite Doctor is David Tennant because he is so funny (thunbs up if you agree) I also like Rose, Donna, and Sarah Jane because they rock! I will keep on watching Doctor who for ever!!:D
  • The Next Series Should Be Better

I've loved loved Dr.Who for as long as I can remember. And while the whole "who is Rivier" thing definitely got old, I have extremely high hopes for the next series! And Steven Moffat is an AMAZING writer. He just needs to write more episodes!
  • The new Doctor? ...Meh

When Doctor who started out again I sarted watching the episodes I thought they were pretty good. christopher eccleston was an alright doctor who and I throught rose (Billie Piper) was pretty amazing. They worked fairly well together.

But once david tennant came onto the sene I loved it! He was such a good doctor and an amazing actor. I loved every episode he did. It was sad to see him go but I had high hopes for the next Doctor.

But not anymore. I suppose its not all his fault that the storyline has gone downhill. It starts off alright and theres a great build up of suspense, but when it comes to the final episode all I have to say is...meh. he's been in 2 series now and both endings to the series were a let down. Getting rid of david tennant was a big mistake. some serious improvements need to be made inorder to keep people interested.
  • Review? More like an Opinion Poll - NEXT AIR DATE - should it be on the show's Overview Page?

Rate 10 for show 0.5 for Next Show Date Handling: Is it just me or do the rest of you depend a great deal upon TV.com information to not only be reliable but timely as well? Ah, Time! What TIME is the NEXT AIR DATE and/or maybe I should ask.... Where did the TV.com folks Easter Egg it? Am I the only FAN who likes to know even the possibility of an Air Date? I like having things to look forward to; Birthdays, Anniversaries, Holidays and most especially WHEN MY FAVORITE SHOW IS GOING TO BE ON AGAIN... or is it just me?
  • Love it

This has been one of my favorite shows for many years, and instead of getting worse over time like so many shows do, it just keeps getting better. all the twists and turns definitely keeps it original and keeps me wondering when the next episode is coming on!
  • Doctor Who 2005

I love this show, has to be my favorite sci-fic Tv show. I can't decide which Doctor I like best but I just love how the Doctor is protrayed as a hero and a destroyer with a mixture of good and darkness. What's not to love about him?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10